• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Original Mario Party remake?

The original Mario Party (by far the best one IMO) has never been released for virtual console. Why is this? I heard it was because of that shy guy mini game causing physical damage to player's hands... is this true? (I know it damaged my hand back in the day!)

If so, I think they should remaster the game and re-release it for switch, with the shy guy thing either removed or altered. It would be way more cool than the mario kart 8 remaster, which I find pointless. Mario kart 8 is still very recent, whereas Mario Party 1 hasn't been seen for years!

I always thought it was the best Mario party, but I've never really known what the general consensus is anyway.

Mido

Version 1
I personally found myself enjoying 4 the most in the series, although there are a few of the mid-number games ranging up to about 7 that I had a good time with (I don't recall which game had the hotel gimmick). As far as a potential remaster goes, it does not seem too likely given that it seems the series has lost steam in varying degrees. Perhaps a Virtual Console release for old Mario Party titles could be in the mix, but this remains to be seen, if it would happen at all.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I think if they were to take the approach you are suggesting, then they'd be better off just releasing a new Mario Party game. I remember enjoying the first 3 Mario Party games a lot, but I imagine that the control stick spinning games are a big reason why the original hasn't seen the VC.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Come on now Marcus, Mario Party 1 is not a very good game.

And I will never know why. They are frustratingly repetitive.

Someone's got their ****ty pickles in a bunch lol.

I loved the original Mario Party, in spite of its obvious drawbacks. The one being, as already stated, the spinning analogue stick in certain games, such as the Shy Guy side game. These games caused actual physical damage to me as a kid. Blisters all over my palms. It was unreal lol.

So with that in mind, that is possibly the reason for not remaking them, and instead 2 and 3 have been released. I'm sure some worried soccer moms complained to Nintendo heads back in the day.

But yeah, Mario Party 1, 2 and 3 are simply fantastic. Simple, sure, but the minigames are so amazingly solid that its hard to deny how fun they are. Bull**** luck based elements? Yep. Like any other board game. But the minigames balanced **** out and made it slightly more skill based, which was the brilliance of Mario Parties 1-8. 6 was another favorite of mine. Loved the Night/Day dynamic. I recall 7 being pretty solid as well, and I enjoyed what I played of 5. Mario Party DS too, that game is a ****ing treasure that often gets overlooked.

But as for an entire REMAKE? Probably unnecessary. They'd have to overhaul and get rid of any minigames that require analogue stick spinning, and I don't think Nintendo wants to do any of that. So Mario Party 1 will likely just fade away from the library. Sad, but MP 2 is basically 1 but with a shinier coat of paint anyways.

BoxTar

No, I just don't like the games. Come on Marcus, alts are illegal.

Then why go to a thread just to complain about it without giving any sort of constructive or interesting insight on your opinion? Seems silly if you ask me. :suspicious:

Also, nigga I made this account in 2009, your alt joke doesn't even make sense.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Then why go to a thread just to complain about it without giving any sort of constructive or interesting insight on your opinion? Seems silly if you ask me. :suspicious:
What? This is a thread about the original Mario Party game. Nearly everyone gave their opinion on the first Mario Party and which ones are their favourites. The OP is about why he believes there should be a Mario Party 1 remake, my original post is saying it's not that good and it shouldn't be remade or re-released. What is off topic about this exactly?

BoxTar

What? This is a thread about the original Mario Party game. Nearly everyone gave their opinion on the first Mario Party and which ones are their favourites. The OP is about why he believes there should be a Mario Party 1 remake, my original post is saying it's not that good and it shouldn't be remade or re-released. What is off topic about this exactly?

Nothing off topic, just not much adding to the discussion is all. But I'm throwing around semantics and mini-modding at this point anyways, so I'll leave it at that lol.

EDIT: Perhaps to shift back on topic, I will say that despite Mario Party 1 not being the be all end all GOTY, it does the Board Game-Mini Game genre phenomenally. So many different people tried ripping it off not long after - like Pac-Man Fever and Sonic Shuffle. If you want an example of repetitive and boring, try playing those and not wanting to put a bullet in your teeth after just one game.

Mario Party 2 and 3 are considered the best in the series.
My personal favourite is MP5.
The addition of the kart battle mode in that was the icing on the cake.

The best solution is a MP greatest hits. With all the best mini games and modes from the whole series. Only as long as it's proper player vs player fun and not that bull**** generation snowflake everyone has to be a winner crap that MP9 and MP10 have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom