• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Original LoZ Remake?

I was curious as to what others thought about a console remake of the original game. Would you be open to it? What about the story? If it was redone, do you think we could get a better story than in the original?

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
Heck no...
I mean...cool idea, but why mess with the a classic? Seems silly to me.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
I dont see how it would work?
Meh...im just a fan of keeping classics, well classics.
Dont fix the machine if it aint broke ya know?

I dont see how it would work?
Meh...im just a fan of keeping classics, well classics.
Dont fix the machine if it aint broke ya know?

it's very possible, it just has to be pulled off correctlly, it's like you said don't fix a machine if it's not broken, but how about building the same machine in a way that's different but is still just as good as the original machine?

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
it's very possible, it just has to be pulled off correctlly, it's like you said don't fix a machine if it's not broken, but how about building the same machine in a way that's different but is still just as good as the original machine?

Hmmm....you have a point there.
Gahh..im just stubborn in my old age! Like I said..I am a fan of NOT redoing or messing around with the classics. That goes for games, movies, and songs.
But I will be all open for the idea if I know they will do it some justice and not wreck it up.

Hmmm....you have a point there.
Gahh..im just stubborn in my old age! Like I said..I am a fan of NOT redoing or messing around with the classics. That goes for games, movies, and songs.
But I will be all open for the idea if I know they will do it some justice and not wreck it up.

yea i can respect that i've had the same feeling with certain games that came back from a long time waiting, Punch Out comes to mind

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Well, there actually is a remake of the first Zelda out there. It's Zelda BS. I like the updated graphics. So, for me, that's enough. No need for a second remake.

I only want a remake so we get more story. Besides Ganon stole Zelda and you have to assemble the ToW

Djinn

and Tonic
I would love a graphics and control update of the original LoZ. But I would definitely not want to see any added content like extra items or more story. I might bend a little on the lighter aspects of the story, as in having a little more text between characters and possibly a little more elaboration on the story present in the game. I would not want to see anything else added that is unnecessary like a miniquest to gain a different sword or NPC's of other games like Tingle or the fairy queen appearing. A graphics update of the same nature as Super Mario Advance, or Allstars I think would be great to have. However a game like that could only really come out in some form of anniversary or special release as I do not think it would normally sell well in today's market.

Now Zelda 2 I would actually like to see some improvements made. Not only an update of graphics, but an overhaul of the combat system and NPC text. A few tweaks like adding a longer more user friendly sword, much tighter controls especially with jumping and landing, improve the random encounters a little; and then fixing up all the NPC so that they not only speak in coherent sentences, but actually add to the story of the game.

Teal

Useful Help.
They have aleardy done it.

In japan they have aleardy made a "Remake" of this game though its only avaiable in japan since it was a BS-X Game so its impossible to play now.

Here is a photo of it:
Bszeldadungeon1.jpg

Tael.

Last edited:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
In japan they have aleardy made a "Remake" of this game though its only avaiable in japan since it was a BS-X Game so its impossible to play now.

Well, 3 posts about your comment is mine, which already mentioned the BS Zelda Remake.

But you're not correct with the statement that the game is impossible to play these days. There is a rom for Super Nintendo Emulators available which features the full game. Except the broadcasting feature, which was unique, you can enjoy the full game. Works absolutely fine, I've played the rom.

Teal

Useful Help.
Well, 3 posts about your comment is mine, which already mentioned the BS Zelda Remake.

But you're not correct with the statement that the game is impossible to play these days. There is a rom for Super Nintendo Emulators available which features the full game. Except the broadcasting feature, which was unique, you can enjoy the full game. Works absolutely fine, I've played the rom.
Oh i dident relaize your post sorry and thanks for clearing that up.

Tael.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love the idea but the console part kills it. I wouldn't mind a graphical remake or just a complete remake built from the ground up. Kinda like the Minish Cap or something. Make a deeper story, more life like villages, people, detail, etc. It still needs to feel like you are playing a remake of the original and not something totally new, because I don't know what you meant by remake on the console. A 3D remake or a top view Zelda game? I think a top view Minish Cap style would really work.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
A remake i mean they could do a new super Mario bros type of thing but not a remake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom