• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Original Items and Item Uses

Are there any ideas that you guys have that have to do with the Items in Skyward Sword, what others you want, and if there are any new/original ideas that would be nice to have?

My idea is the Hover Boots from Ocarina of Time. Id like to have clouds to walk on, and since that is pretty unrealistic, i thought the Hover Boots would help with that.

What do you all think?

Any other ideas?

Pikacondon

Title.
I think hover boots could come back, they were a clever item and all, but they weren't totally useful. I would like to see Transformation masks, because they let you play as (almost) a completely different character, and they are really cool for solving puzzles. if you want to see my theory on how Majora and the masks can return for SS, look in These threads. SS: Villain? or SS: can Majora come back?

I liked the Double Clawshots from TP a lot - I like when something can be a weapon and a mode of transportation. I would be ecstatic if they went back to the magical roots of the game and had either the crystal spells from OoT, the medallions or the rods from LttP, or even just the Magic Wand from LoZ. Masks would be excellent, like Pika said.
I'm also a fan of the odd objects from TP - the Dominion Rod and especially the Spinner. Making the Spinner more use-able would be awesome. :D

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I would love to have transformation masks, I think that would be awesome. I also think that zoras, gerudos, and kokiri need to make a comeback. There should totally be a male gerudo in this game (there's one born every century).

Djinn

and Tonic
I was more of a fan of the Roc's Cape. But it was similar enough to the Hover Boots.

I want to see the original Magic Wand from LoZ to return. The fire and ice rods of LttP and the spells in OoT do not do it for me. It was my favorite secondary item and incredibly useful after you received the spell book and upgraded it to fire. In a similar way I would like the spells of Zelda Two to return.

The Dominion Rod I would not mind but only if they gave it some more uses. Outside of the dungeon it was found in and the owl statues it was pointless. It should either have some more abilities to control objects and enemies or at least have more statues scattered around to control. It needs some way to control the animated object enemies like Armos or Iron Knuckles.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
One thing completely new I'd like to see is Epona as Pegasus(Started a Thread about just prefer you comment on that but refer to my post in this Thread) And maybe something like the Blast Mask in MM(That was my 2nd Fav mask)

I like these ideas. I would love Roc's Cape to be a part in this game, but it would be weird to jump in 3d. Maybe if it was used for gliding, like the Deku Leaf, but slightly different physics. Or take magic everytime you flap the wings? I dont want jumping in a 3d zelda, it doesnt work.

Also, how about a new instrument? "Wind Chimes of the Sky" anyone? (xD Just Kidding)

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
A new instrument would be pretty cool... I would love to have that come back into SS. The transformation masks would be very cool and might help explain the whole Majora's mask story a little better. I also think that hove boots could be a cool item, but just for playing around. I think the game has to have the kokiri,gerudo,zora and goron races in it as well, because the game is supposed to start the whole zelda series off. I would explain the creation of Hyrule as seen in the latter games, give us some interesting history and definatly just be a really cool. The game should also have a possible ancestor to Epona and Link's other companions, maybe even the whole backstory on the great faries and why they are in Hyrule. A war or battle would definatly make the game interesting in the latter stages of the game but this might not show up because it isn't really the Zelda style...

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I really want to see a Roc's Cape in Skyward Sword. Maybe that is how Skyloftians travel to different islands...
Other than that, i'd like to see something like Din's Fire I guess.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
grapple hook must come back to suck life and rupees and such from bad guys if you need them

I really liked that leaf in WW, maybe that could come back in a different form maybe, but I think it would be cool to fly around again! :3 Knowing that SS has different islands, maybe you could sorta... float across? :D

id really like a dominion rod type item, but one that's actually useful outside the dungeon it's in. the dominion rod should only appear in a world with a lot of statues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom