• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Original Consoles? or Doesn't Matter?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
It honestly does not matter. If you want to play on the original consoles for nostalgia's sake, then go ahead. If you want to play them on the Virtual Console on the Wii then:

For Zelda, Zelda II, and A Link to the Past: Use the Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro.

For Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask: Use a Gamecube Controller.

Get a load of this!
Controllers.jpg

These controller set ups provide the closest thing to the original controllers. Don't worry, I've played all of them with the said controls and they are perfectly fine.

Have fun!

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I always like playing them on the original console. If the option doesn't exist then it really doesn't matter and I'll play on whatever I can get it on. What matters most is just playing the game. :)

I used to be quite elitist with games and consoles. I was proud of owning them and when a game was re-released say Resident Evil 0 which was on the GC, i always thought it was more important to play the game on the console it was meant to be played on. Bu recently that whole theme has lost significance for me, the re-release of RE0 on tot he wii still allowed you to play with the GC controller and gave you the option of the wii-mote which is just as fun. So i don't mind any more, The only games that i still say should be experienced on their original consoles are Mario 64, OoT and MM, since the C buttons were so right for item usage and instrument playing, as they were for Mario's physical stunts in M64.

Aside from these rare examples though i no longer think it matter which console a game is played on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom