• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ordinary Things That Drive You Insane

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Like, for example, snoring. I hate snoring. I also hate the sound of ticking clocks and people who walk slowly.

Do you have anything seemingly innocuous that drives you absolutely nuts? And how do you deal with it?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
People who read out loud quietly to themselves, and ripping out notebook paper. These two things I cannot handle.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can hear my grandma snoring from across the hall with all the doors closed and my stereo on. It drives me absolutely insane.

I can't actually think of anything else atm, snoring is the main one. I actually once left the bedroom and slept in the pantry at somebody's house because it was the only place I couldn't hear them. XD

When its really quiet and I can hear people and myself chomping

Being in an amusement park and dealing with people who don't realize that they're the ones keeping the already long line from moving forward because they're texting or something.

Cars that make screeching sounds when they stop, I know it might not be the owner's fault but the noise drives me nuts

People who can't be bothered to flush in a public bathroom, it's one thing when the toilet is clogged but sometimes I've gone right in and flushed the stupid toilet when I've been really desperate to go and that was the only stall available. Flush people!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Probably people who shake their leg when sat down; I'm surprised by how many people do it and it's annoying once you notice it. And then once you've noticed it you can't stop noticing it and I have to bring it up. :P

Musicfan

the shadow mage
The absence of noice.

It to the point that I can generate a noice in my head but then that noice is anoying so I have to turn something on.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Loud breathing is one of my big pet peeves. I mean if you don't have any breathing condition then I don't see why you need to breath so loud. It's just really irritating when you're next to someone and they're literally breathing down your ear and mouth.

Probably people who shake their leg when sat down; I'm surprised by how many people do it and it's annoying once you notice it. And then once you've noticed it you can't stop noticing it and I have to bring it up. :P

people who shake their leg when they sit? I don't know if I've ever noticed anyone doing that :s

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
When people stare at me. Annoying.

People talking way too much.

Unmatched utensils.

People not placing things where they belong.

There's a lot of more, but I don't remember, so. Yeah.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When people repeatedly reuse lame jokes. My dad does that all the time, and I hate it.

Being woken up by continuous stimuli. IE, being shaken until you respond to your waker, a radio alarm clock, an alarm clock in general that's not more than a short noise. Basically, being woken up without being given a minute to recollect yourself.

Probably more, but I think that's enough for now.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
was gonna reply to this thread a while ago but my brain was empty of thoughts to put in here

When people sing along to their music while they're wearing headphones, especially in public, it drives me crazy. You're in public. Why on Earth would you do that. Stop doing things like that in public. You're embarrassing yourself.

I hate it when people talk on the phone like there's no one else around them. Please try to keep your business at a volume where the whoLE BUILDING CAN'T HEAR YOU.

People who eat food off the floor disgust me. Like, even if you're following the 5 Second Rule, just don't. Ew. The second that food touches the floor it is unsanitary so dO NOT. That grosses the hell out of me. 5 Second Rule is stupid. It touched the floor. Throw it away. Gosh.

I know there's more, but I can't think of anything else right now.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
When someone is dealing with a hardship and you say "I'm sorry" only to have them reply back with "Well, it's not your fault."

I see what you mean but on a related note, I hate when someone you know dies and people say 'I'm sorry'. I mean, did you murder that person? No? Then what on earth are you saying sorry for? But then there's no acceptable alternative either so I see your point.

Update.

I also despise:

Dripping taps. Actually lets make this, I hate any needlessly repetitive noise. Because once you hear it you can't tune it out and it tortures you for the rest of eternity.

People who talk loud on the phone. I concur with Az on this one, oh em gee, please be quiet people, the phone was invented so you don't have to yell to be heard.

People who interrupt you when you're talking. Okay maybe this isn't mundane and normal, more like extremely rude and bad mannered. But either way, SHUT UP AND WAIT YOUR TURN.

When someone swallows loudly. I hate the noise it makes, it's gross. I know it can't be helped but that just makes it even worse, it's the snoring thing all over again.

Mess. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a clean freak nor am I super tidy. But I hate there just being **** everywhere. Some people just seem to be inherently messy and I can't understand why. Doesn't it drive them nuts? I feel like my brain is on fire until someone has tidied up.

I also agree with the above thing about doors being only halfway open or shut. If it's just hanging there, it creeps me out. Have it open OR shut people!

When people don't adhere to the queue. Maybe this is just a British thing, but ahem....
WHAT THE HECK DYA THINK YA DOING PUSHIN IN FRONT O ME? SLING YER 'OOK!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom