• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Orca's 999 Hits

M

MunchingOrange

After about 10 tries, I decided to corner him and use the vertical slash and block when he the swords collided and using this method I was able to hit him 99 times pretty easily and without losing any Hearts, it did take a lot of patience though... xD

So have you guys hit him 999 times?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I've gotten him 600 and something, never 999. I tried so hard to get that piece of heart at 500, and I ended up getting shearly past it with three lives! Then my muscles winded back down and I didn't try as hard. So he got me in the six-hundreds.

D

Dinalfo

In some distant way, it did take quite a while to slash at Orca 999 times, but it does help one thing for you in the game which is not to take any damage. This goes especially you're trying to do a boss battle without damage (I know that not all the boss battles are like that with the sword-BUT!) Practically it does help you with other boss battles in other LoZ games. Short and simple, Orca is a fun way to see if you have basically patience to hit him 999 times.

I never got him 999 times because I never had the patience. It's a fun, challenging mini-game, but it's far too redundant and time-consuming for it to keep my interest for very long, sadly. :?

I forget the structure of the rewards for it... was it a Heart Piece at 500 and then again at 999?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I never managed to get him up to 999 hits, I always gave up after the piece of heart considering I do not have the attention span to keep attacking him for that long. Perhaps I will attempt that on my next WW playthrough.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I've never went for the challenge. I knew that it would take too long, so I always stopped around 200. I might try it, though. I'd like to see me win it... xP

Zarom

The King
I've never hit Orca 100 times, mostly because I didn't bother to do it. I usually just hit him 500 times in order to get the Piece of Heart. And I don't think I'll ever do the whole 999 hits... altough I might try in my next playthrough.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I just hit him like 300+ times and never really cared to go and challenge him again, I was more interested in advancing the game, tbh. 999 times? Geez, my muscles would be sore...

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I hit him around 700 time, then gave up on purpose,due to boredom. One of these days I will get to 999 and I will record it with the Magic Power of video capture devices. Then I'll upload it to youtube and laugh.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
It took me three hours, but I finally got all of the hits after two shots at it. It killed my thumbs so bad though. My family thought it was really funny how I was so determined to hit Orca 999 times. Well, I was the one laughing in the end, not them! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom