• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Seasons vs Oracle of Ages

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I prefer Ages... it's harder, has time travel,and Veran's cool:)
Seasons is more colorful, but i like the decadent look that the past in ages has.
But i really like the Concept on both, and linking them to a slightly different game is awsome

Kybyrian

You kids, you.

Obviously Oracle of Ages is better.

If I went on I would have to make a two-page reply though, so for your sake I won't go on.

A

Ando

I haven't beaten either of the games yet, but I started off with the first dungeon of Ages and thought "eh, it's pretty okay I guess". Then I went to Seasons and said "yes, this is way better". But then... I tried playing Ages again. I got a few dungeons further into it and it became so addictive. It's way better than Seasons.

I think part of the reason I like Ages so much is that the puzzles are so good. They're not your typical Zelda fare - and anything that could relate to a normal Zelda puzzle has been modified to the point that it's truly a puzzle (such as how "push block onto switch" became "push multi-colored block onto switch with the same color as the side that faces up"). I've gotten stuck on that game because the puzzles really made me think. Only Master Quest has given me this sort of trouble, and Master Quest most of the time isn't even based on logic, so.

Now that I'm finally getting around to playing Seasons, I can post here.
So far, I think I like Ages more. It had harder puzzles, more original bosses (as Seasons was just reusing bosses from LoZ), and just.. better. Traveling through time is better than changing the seasons; going back 200 or so years makes everything a lot different, but just changing the season to say, Fall, and not much really changes.
So yeah, Ages > Seasons. Which isn't to say that Seasons isn't a great game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Hmm....looks like most of you prefer Ages. OoS and OoA are two of the four Zelda games I've never played. I'm going to buy one of them, but I can't decide.....

Buy them both, they are really cheap, nowadays. and it's zelda, it deserves every buck you can spend.

I own them both:) And yeah, the mermaid's double dungeon rocks my world

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I bought both WAY back in the day, and loved both of them. Though I seem to have lost Seasons :/.

But, if I had to pick one over the other it would probably be... Ages. But only barely. I really liked them both, so it's pretty hard to choose. In general, Ages is designed more towards the puzzle-loving Zelda fan, while Seasons is aimed at the combat-loving Zelda fan. Personally I like both, but I loved the time travel in OoA.

Both games are incredible and highly under-rated.

C

Chu

Orcale of ages has a wayyy better storyline. Season just puts you right in the middle of it. But Seasons is a little bit harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom