• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Seasons or Ages?

So, these are two of the four zelda games I have never even picked up.
well, I just got my paycheck the other day and decided I would buy one.
so, I wanted to ask what everyone's favorite was.
why? because in all honestly, I haven't read much about the games and I don't really know which one to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seasons is more action oriented whereas Ages is more puzzle heavy. So that's a good start. Both games are interconnected, and you can only get the final ending and face the final boss if you either have both games or use the ZeldaPasswords feature to get a password for a Linked Game.

Personally I like Seasons more than Ages for the simple fact that it is Red rather than Blue, but both games are stellar! Get either one, but remember to keep in mind that Ages is more puzzle oriented and Seasons is Action oriented!

Personally I like oracle of ages better mainly cuz it gave me a better challenge, but both games r amazing and its worth it if u could get both. If u want a more action oriented game go with seasons and for a more puzzle oriented game choose ages.

I think they were both good and it's hard to say which one was better. I think seasons is unique because time travel has been done a lot in Zelda.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I would chose Seasons, but it totally depends what you look for in a Zelda game.
If you're looking for a more action type ame, Seasons is for you.
If you want mind numbing, challenging puzzles, Ages is for you.

HOWEVER, I think they are both just attempted recreations of the better Link's Awakening

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I think either or is a good starting point, but then you will have to wait for your next paycheck and buy the other one!
Once you pop! The fun don't stop!

Seasons is a more exploration based game and Ages is a more puzzle/strategy based game. Or so ive heard.

Id play seasons first because it came before Ages. Shouldnt really matter though

Both are fantastic, I recommend getting both together. However if you can only get one or just wondering which to start with here are some things to consider:

If you love classic Zelda games you should love Seasons. This game is the ultimate love letter for fans of the original Legend of Zelda. Notice any similarities between OoS's Holodrum and the original Hyrule? It's basically a remake of the original LoZ map. The first dungeons are even located in the same place and both have the same boss. Many of the original bosses are reused. It also throws in Subrosia to mix things up a little and that area and race are quite interesting/fun imo. Seasons is more action based like the classic Zelda titles.

Ages is neat in that you get to time travel. Seeing the kingdom of Labrynna in both the past and present is a cool feature. Things you do in the past effect the present and it becomes a very cool game element to effect the nation's past. Ages' game map is smaller but the time travel aspect makes up for that by creating two environments with each area. A cool aspect of that is that each area is sufficiently different in each time that it really adds to the exploration there. There's no carbon copies. This game also emphasis puzzles more then Seasons did with some unique and tough ones and even bosses who have some unique battles. In that respect it's a bit harder then OoS in my humble opinion.

I am glad you decided to pick these up. I think the Oracles are easily the most underrated Zelda games. They are phenomenal and classics in there own right. Both are similar but each also has it's own rich and unique experience. No matter which you pick, you can't go wrong!

I preferred Ages, but both are great. Story highlights: Seasons has General Onyx (warrior boss), Subrosia and was "happier" with Din and her dance crew while Ages has Veran (mage-type boss), Ralph & Queen Ambi storyline, which was dark and manipulative with plot twists (trying to stay non-spoilerific of course). As said previous: Ages is more puzzle oriented with time warps and such; gets difficult but I loved it. Seasons is more action packed and the puzzles involve changing season to clear paths and get through (such as make snow go away, make vines appear to get up a mountain, etc). Of course you need to play both to get the full story/game, which I highly recommend.

I've been wanting to replay these games... this said, I probably would play Ages first when I do.

I prefer Oracle of Ages,for some reason I had a lot more fun playing Ages even though its basically the same thing and to me the story of Ages was more interesting because of all the twist with time travel,but Seasons is good as well,you should take both of them.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I prefer Oracle of Ages, mainly due to the difficulty of the game and the item the game is centered around: the Harp of Ages. This harp basically lets you time travel, and this time travelling is done so much better than in Ocarina of Time. I liked this concept more than switching the seasons, as the manipulation of time has always been interesting to me. I feel that the items are better in Oracle of Seasons, but that shouldn't matter too much while playing the game. Oracle of Seasons also has some tough boss fights, but isn't too difficult in terms of dungeons or puzzles. Here are my reasons to why I like Oracle of Ages more, but tell us what you ultimately chose!

Well I've only completed seasons, and am roughly half-way through ages... but in all honesty, I am enjoying ages a lot more... It just seems more interesting.... more story-based. Also, I found seasons frustratingly difficult, whereas ages seems like a breeze in comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom