• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Seasons Difficulty?

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Hi all, I was just wondering how difficult the Oracle games are. I will be gatting OoS soon so I wanted to know if they are really easy or in the middle or really hard. Thanks for your input :D

I would say they're in the middle. They were quite hard, since they were my first Zelda game, but when I replayed them more recently, they were easier, but still quite hard.

Kybyrian

They're rather difficult, but not to the point where it's almost impossible to play them without being awesome all the time. They are really enjoyable games, two of my favorite Zelda games, in fact. You should definitely play both of them. They shouldn't be too difficult. :)

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The Oracle of Seasons is normal.

I say Normal cause it has the Nostalgic feeling of the Original Legend of Zelda(Because the Overworld map was BASED on the Original LoZ). The monsters are like Link's Awakening, Bosses are the same as that in the Original LoZ(Except the Antagonist and a certain boss) the dungeons are easy to figure out(Though there are slight differences from LoZ and OoA dungeons. Same Structure, sort of but has different ways of cracking it) and the adventure(Meaning the slaying, the ring collecting and the partners, basically everything you do) is fun. I say buy it if you want to roam and slay monsters, to see a remake, sort of, from the Original LoZ and maybe if you want to see something quite thrilling(There's one area in that game that's exciting, and I ain't saying anything :)).

But Personally, If you prefer the thinking type, the challenging, confusing yet exciting puzzles, buy Oracle of Ages. Just sayin...:D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oracle of Seasons is actually very easy. At first, it might seem hard because you don't know where to go, but once you get the hang of it, it makes the game a lot easier. Ages, on the other hand, is REALLY hard. Seasons is action oriented, but still has its bit of puzzles. Ages is puzzle oriented, but it has its bit of action. Don't expect a TOO hard game, but don't think that it is simple.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
OoS is acutally a pretty fun game. i played it on my ipod when it was still jailbroken. and considering how sometimes the controls would not respond i still beat the game with under 50 deaths. so in reality i think OoS is a fun but easy game. And in response to vanitas OoA isnt that hard, im trying to get to the 7th temple currently and i havnt had any brainracking challenges yet (although the 4th dungeon was REALLY annoying). However, i am stuck at trying to get to the 7th temple because i dont know how to get a magic potion or fairy dust. Other than that, the game isnt that hard.

F

Falcool

I think Seasons is a bit hard, but you'll get used to it. I actually found some of the Mini Bosses much harder than the bosses lol.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Best answer: Buy both OoA and OoS. :)
Both are excellent games, with good difficulty curves. In both of them, I find that the 5th dungeon bosses are the hardest in each respective game, for some odd reason.
Also, good to see someone who reads Douglas Adams.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have only ever beat OoA... so I'm putting my best efforts towards completing OoS. I recently dug out an old issue of nintendo power that features a small portion of the game so I don't get frustrated at the beginning. OoX in general can be a little frustrating so try and take it slow and easy... but at the same time you gotta be dedicated to the GBC (or whatever your using to play the game) I have recently put OoX down since I can't seem to get into the groove, try not to let that happen to you, sometimes it's hard to pick up a GBC game and jump right back in to where you were before. or at least that has been my experience when trying to replay oldschool games. you gotta stay focused!

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
I'm playing OoS right now, and I've died on every boss at least once. And to add to that, I even needed a magic potion to survive Digdogger. (stupid iron ball of rage.)
Plus Subrosia is pretty damn awesome. (Subrosian Ring FTW.)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would say they are both hard, but in different senses. OoS in hard in combat. OoA is hard in puzzles. The final bosses in both of the games are SUPER hard, IMO. I wish they made all final bosses that hard.

N

NMG

Once you get the hang of Seasons its in the middle, but be warned these are some of the hardest fights in the Zelda series.

I found OoA to be 10x harder than any Zelda game I've ever played. Story-based minigames that must be completed to continue, moderately difficult bosses and mini-bosses, and very difficult dungeons and problem solving make for an immensely difficult game. However on the other hand OoS is way easier and I would say it's hard until you learn the map and then it is quite easy. Bosses are insanely easy and puzzles are too. I would recommend playing both but don't think OoA will be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom