• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

I've been waiting for this for so long. I never got to play OoX and this is just in time for my Link is Defeated timeline play through. Just finished Adult Link. On MM for the child one. Looks like ill b ready by the 30th.

EDIT: Also release Four Swords again. I had to skip that one!!!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I've been waiting for this for so long. I never got to play OoX and this is just in time for my Link is Defeated timeline play through. Just finished Adult Link. On MM for the child one. Looks like ill b ready by the 30th.

EDIT: Also release Four Swords again. I had to skip that one!!!

so you are playing the games by timeline, beginning to ends, say you start with SS, end with OoT, the obviously went the WW way with the "Adult" time line....(hu, Adult me :dry:). anyways, that sound like a really interesting way to play the games actually!

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
im gonna get one of the oracles because i only have $5 thank god they are on sale so which should i get seasons or ages

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'm really excited for ALttP2! ^_^ but not to where I have forgotten about Oracles titles, no. :3 They're the few of the Zelda titles I haven't played yet.( Four Swords would be another one I haven't gotten played yet. >.< ) but I am happy that I'll get a chance to play these ones. :D (Maybe they'll bring FS to Virtual Download. I really wish they would. XD )

FS wouldn't work as a VC as a direct port, they would have to add online match making/ the ability to link with friends so you could actually hopefully find some one to play it with.

maybe i will because the time travel thing is kinda being overused and this is the only game with seasons
Ages if you want harder puzzles, Seasons if you want harder combat.

Last edited:

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
They screwed up. Advance Shop in locked - it's impossible to obtain all 64 rings. Don't buy OoX until Advance Shop will be unlocked (unless you don't like 100% completion). I wrote an e-mail to Nintendo UK about this:

Hello.

Today, I've purchased two The Legend of Zelda GBC classics - Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages on my 3DS. However, both games have one feature (it's not a glitch), which appears to be unavailable on the 3DS - The Advance Shop.

A litttle history - both games were released few months before Game Boy Advance, but the games were released on the Game Boy Color. However, if they were played on the GBA, it was possible to access the Advance Shop mentioned above. This is easier to check in Oracle of Seasons - In North-West Horon Village, there is a hut with two doors. The left one leads to birds' room. The right door leads to Advance Shop, but on the 3DS (and original GBC) it's locked. In Oracle of Ages, this shop is present in different location, but is not accessible straight after the intro (it's in the Past, somewhere is Lynna Village).

Inside this "Advance Shop" it is possible to buy three items (each one costs 100 Rupees) - Gasha Seed, common Magic Ring and the "Advance Ring". The latter one is the most important, because there is no other way to obtain it. And there are two "Advance Rings" - Nature Ring in OoS and Time Ring in OoA. Those rings does nothing, but without them it's impossible to obtain all 64 rings in both games (it's possible to get only 62).

These rings are not required to finish both games, but please, release the updated versions with Advance Shop unlocked. There are two methods to achieve this:
1. Run Oracle games in GBA mode, like 10 GBA Ambassador games.
2. Modify both games by setting the Advance Shop to "unlocked in GBC mode".

Best regards,
Peter.
Now I'm waiting for a response.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Good news, guys. Not response from the Big N, but I found a way to obtain the Advance Rings on the 3DS.

Play the first game normally, then use the password generator available here at Zelda Dungeon. Mark every necessary stuff (Game, Linked/Hero's Secret, Hero's name, kid's name and behavior, your pet and rings). In the rings section, mark every ring collected in the first game AND additionally, Nature Ring or Time Ring, depending on finished game. Press "Make Secrets". Make sure the 20-character secret matches your password from the ending. Start the second game and take the rings from Red Snake by using the 15-character secret from the password generator. Done.

BTW, "Bouncy", "Shy" and "Hyper" in the kid's behavior section is repeated five times. Is there any difference between them?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i wondered the same thing yet i knew nothing about the game when i seen it, but i now know a lil about it, but im still finishing seasons, so ill be with the rest of you in a week or two!

F

Fauxetrot

I'm kind of upset because I'm saving for Wind Waker, one of the only games I haven't played, so I dont think I'll be able to get the games before they get raised from $5 to $6.:(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm kind of upset because I'm saving for Wind Waker, one of the only games I haven't played, so I dont think I'll be able to get the games before they get raised from $5 to $6.:(

You are not missing out on much, believe me. It's best to find...alternative methods of obtaining the Oracles. Purchasing them on 3DS isn't worth it IMO since they're simple ports.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I've got a response from Nintendo UK regarding the Advance Shops. Here is is:

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of your frustration with the eShop release of the 2 Zelda titles.

We have passed along your feedback regarding these games to the relevant department. We hope that despite your frustrations you are still able to enjoy these 2 titles.

We wish you many happy gaming experiences.

Kind regards,

Daniel Jackson
Nintendo UK
Maybe they will unlock these shops? Currently, the best workaround is the Password Genarator mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom