• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Games on Switch

• Thread starter Deleted member 83535
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 83535

So, it's quite obvious that everyone would be eager for a remake of these games using the same engine of Link's Awakening.

If that does actually happen, what alterations do you think it should have to modernize the game?

I think the one on everyone's mind would be to combine both into one game. But I feel you should be able to select which story to start with.

Another change I believe its quite pressing is to change the ring collection, it has to be less randomly generated and it definitely shouldn't need a second playthrough.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Make a lot of the other items actually worth getting. Most notably the biggoron sword (which does the same amount of damage as the level 3 sword despite being just as hard to get and taking up both buttons) and the bombchus (which have sucked in every game they’ve been in sans PH).

D

Deleted member 83535

Agreed, the extra items were pretty useless. It's more of a neat extra. Personally I would have removed them completely.

There are lots of things to fix in the Oracle games, having them on one cart with the post game feature would be my number one want.

Being able to select which season you want in Seasons rather than swinging it and cycling through constantly would be nice.

But I just want Moosh in HD. He deserves it.

And please don't use LA's artstyle.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
yeah can't have LA assets/engine imo, that is unique to LAHD
but it's something I hope happens, same with Minish Cap (and a pipe dream of mine would be a 3D remake of the original LoZ)

EDIT: actually I would like to see the ALBW/TFH assets make a return for the Oracle games, I think they would fit quite well

D

Deleted member 83535

If we're going to get a remake of the game made in Link's Awakening's engine, it would only make sense to use the same updated engine no?

D

Deleted member 83535

Having both games as separate releases means spending 120 bucks instead of 60.

Chaosdrako

Open creative idealistic writer
I remember an old gaming magazine about an additional cable to buy and transfer your GBC save from one Triforce Trilogy game to another. I would like to see the original idea of the Triforce Trilogy done. Let's have Oracle of Secrets focus on travel to a (dark) world of sorts.

Just because the Oracle games used the same engine as LA on the Gameboy does not mean they have to use the same art style. LA for the Switch could be viewed as a demonstration of the Switch's graphical capabilities in addition to being a remake similar in the manner of the original LA beginning life as a potential port of A Link To The Past for the Gameboy before becoming its own game.

And if the remake of the Oracle games happened, you can bet on Nintendo selling two $60.00 Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom