• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Opinions on Legendary Pokemon in Battles?

X

Xenos Frost

what are your opinion in using legendaries in battles?

Personally, i think legendaries are over-rated, and it takes the fun out of battling and playing the games. i catch them to keep as trophies in the pc

A

ApokolipsNow

I think it depends on the situation really. If it's just in the course of the regular game then I'd use them without hesitation, but it does kill the fun a bit to have such potentially overpowered Pokémon if you're playing against friends. At the same time, I think there's something to be said for having some "raw muscle" on the team, so I'd say when used in moderation they're ok.

Much like yourself though now that there are so many of them more often than not they really do just end up being trophies!

Compared to the shows though, in the games legendary pokemon are a lot more like the common ones, but still stronger. Having a legendary to fight with makes the user feel more powerful, I use my legendaries to fight but if I'm battling my friend we normally make rules such as level 70 tops, or no legendaries, or only 2 legendaries, stuff like that. When you beat the Elite 4 and such, using a legendary the first time helps, but later on you could create a challenge for yourself without legendaries... but I think without legendaries, the games might not have been as popular ^^

Ikana

Trollkastel
I'm fine with them if the person is using just one. But if they are using more then one and using a cheap move like Dark Void Darkrai then I will disconnect with them. But if your talking about using them in the storyline then I really don't mind using them. Most of the time I won't use legendaries for the storyline but I will if I really want to.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I'll disconnect if they're really cheap, and I refrain from using them unless necessary(Cynthia).

I think normal pokemons are better than a lot of legendaries. What make them legendaries more than technique is the abilities that them have.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think it's okay to use them one by one or offline. BUT WHEN SOMEONE PLAYS WITH A WHOLE TEAM CONSISTING OF ONLY LEGENDARIES IN PBR ONLINE!!! They only to that so they wont lose, because they would probably cry doing so, or because they only want to battle with other people who goes full legendary. I meet one of those last ones once. First he started the match by giving up cause he thought me to be weak since I didn't use any legendary pokémon on my team and didn't want to waste his time. Then in the next battle that came up, it was him again. This time he didn't give up, but in the fight I beat him with 2 pokémon left.

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
Legendaries have a place in the competitive game (though I typically don't use them myself). Most legendaries (and some powerful non-legendaries ie Salemance) get placed in Uber tier and are thus banned from standard play (OU/Overused). Some good examples of legendaries from Gen V that are considered to be strong but not overpowered enough to be placed in Uber include Terrakion and Virizion. Playing with tiers allows all Pokemon, even those that appear weak to get some game time as it creates a relatively level playing field in terms of Pokemon strength (though people can enter lower tier'd Pokemon in higher tiers if they want a challenge). To quote Rykard3, all Pokemon can generally play all roles, some are just better at it than others.

Note: I realise this post was more suited to the Competitive Pokemon subforum but it was my only way I felt I could give my opinion.

Last edited:

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I dont like it when people use legendaries. I feel like it's unfair because their stats are so high.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Since most legendaries are in the uber tier, it does annoy me when people have their teams full of them.
But if they only have one or two and it's not overly competitive then I don't mind.
Better than hacked Pokemon right?

For the main story I never use legendaries since you get them so late in the game.
If I see someone using legendaries in the story I just think of them as a noob :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom