• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Opinion: What I Don't Like About Skyward Sword

Maffiline

nirorlei
No, no way she could have been a goddess. As I said before, if she were a goddess then she'd be able to anything she wants. This includes becoming a mortal, sure, but she'd still be perfect because she supposedly is a goddess. But no, she had every ability to be harmed and outright destroyed. Hylia isn't a goddess, I don't care what anyone says. The text ingame even goes out of its way to say "goddess" instead of "Goddess", which means, from my understanding, that she is falsely worshiped as such.
Zelda is indeed Hylia, and Hylia is a goddess. Unless you paid any attention, when Zelda/Hylia is telling you when you're in the past, how she's Hylia and all, she clearly states how Hylia was drained of most of her power after she fought Demise. Hylia KNEW that the seal she put on Demise would break, and she didn't have enough power to seal it again if it did break. So she set forth two separate plans to go forth to help seal the seal again: Link, to gather the Triforce, and to herself go into a mortal's body (Zelda). Then they work together to seal Demise/defeat Demise again. If you capitalize God, you're referring to the Christian/Catholic God, meaning there is only one God. When god/goddess is lower cased, you're referring to (usually) many gods. If they had capitalized Goddess in the text, then they'd be saying that there was only one Goddess and therefore it's capitalized. This runs with the same aspect of the Christian/Catholic God: there is only one God, therefore it is capitalized.
If I did any offense to Christian/Catholic people, I did not mean to.

Last edited:
No, no way she could have been a goddess. As I said before, if she were a goddess then she'd be able to anything she wants. This includes becoming a mortal, sure, but she'd still be perfect because she supposedly is a goddess. But no, she had every ability to be harmed and outright destroyed. Hylia isn't a goddess, I don't care what anyone says. The text in game even goes out of its way to say "goddess" instead of "Goddess", which means, from my understanding, that she is falsely worshiped as such.

Have you ever heard of Greek/Roman mythology? Sure the gods/goddesses in those stories were powerful, but definitely not all-powerful or invulnerable from harm.
The writers never claim the goddesses are all-powerful or perfect beings. If they were, why did they design the triforce so that their kind couldn't use it? It was because they feared the power one of their kind could have over the others.

Wow, I actually agree with ya. However one thing that really killed the game was changing items. You hold B to bring up the item menu and far too often since I was in the heat of battle, I'd move the wiimote too quickly resulting in my taking out the Bug Net or some other useless item.

M

Metalhero

Another thing i didnt like was the inclusion of robots.
At first i was like "Why the hell are there robots in a Zelda game?" but towards the end its implied that the Thunder Dragon brought them from the future, then i guessed they mined timeshift stones as a way to sort of live forever.

I see the point a lot of you are making, i guess after beating SS i just wanted a more traditional Zelda, with a more traditional story.
the only way to see if the series is gonna stay traditional or be completely different like SS is to wait for the next game

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Songs I liked and can remember in SS:

Fi's Theme
Ghirahim's Theme (also my favorite, too)
Ballad of the Goddess
Bazaar Theme

And.....that's about it. The music was excellent, just not memorable.

I also didn't like Fi, she had a boring personality and the lack of actual eyes made it seem like she didn't look at me when she talked. I also don't think that her auto-tune worked out as well as Glados did, you know, in portal. Midna was waaaaay better in my opinion.

I've only played it once so far, and I didn't find Fi that particularly annoying. However, I do have some complaints with the game.

The Trials
The were just generic scavenger hunts. They were supposed test your spirit. Each particular one could have had something to do with Power, Wisdom, or Courage. Also, how are Clawshots a gift of the Goddesses? That didn't really make any sense. The Trials were the only part of the game that I flat out just didn't like.

The Sky
My favorite part about Wind Waker was sailing from island to island, just exploring. Sure, Wind Waker's islands could have been bigger and had more stuff on them, but Skyward Sword was just bad compared to Wind Waker in terms of exploration. The Sky had so much potential to be huge and full, but it just did not live up to it.

The Overworld
All in all, I liked it, I just wish you didn't have to go up into the sky to get to a different province. We should have been able to access them all from the Sealed Grounds or something.

Music
As opposed to other games of the series, the themes were not memorable at all, with the exception of Ballad of the Goddess. Also, harp mechanics were just downright stupid, all we had to do was wave the remote. It could have been a lot more.

Misc
Why was Nayru represented by yellow (except her flame)? She's always been blue. This was another thing that bugged me about Phantom Hourglass, the fact that the spirit of Courage was yellow instead of green. I guess the change in color was not to visually clash with Fi and Link. It's not really that important, but it still irks me :mad:
The Billion Bokoblin Battle (lovely alliteration, no?) before your last fight with Ghirihim was a bit too easy, I'd have liked more of a challenge, like a bigger diversity of enemies.

Regardless, I still think it's my favorite game in the series, despite its flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom