• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE THINK MAJORAS MASK 3D SHOULDN'T BE MADE!!!:mad: It will take only about 3-7 weeks! Leaving enough room for improving on the remake and a new zelda game! I don't see why people do this! Why do they not care! They never beat it! Yet they have permission to think of it as not a real zelda game with out affecting other zelda games.:silent:

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE THINK MAJORAS MASK 3D SHOULDN'T BE MADE!!!:mad: It will take only about 3-7 weeks! Leaving enough room for improving on the remake and a new zelda game! I don't see why people do this! Why do they not care! They never beat it! Yet they have permission to think of it as not a real zelda game with out affecting other zelda games.:silent:

I know right? I don't get why Majora's Mask 3D will hold up a 3DS title, It won't! Like you say, It won't take long to make, so It really should'nt matter if it's made because it would of been made before you know it.

No matter how much those against moan and complain, It's not gonna stop the progression of Operation Moonfall, cause let's face it, The reasons for Majora's Mask 3D are more valid then those against it.

I read something today that may be important, or it might be made up, I don't know, the e-magazine it was part of isn't in English so I don't really know exactly what it says or even what the nature of the site is. Also, none of the English-speaking game sites I've been to have mentioned it, which doesn't bring me any reassurance.

According to this article Majora's Mask 3D won't hold up a new title because it's not going to be released until we get the new 3DS Zelda, that is, if MM3D is released at all. Mr. Aonuma says he's been asked a few times about MM3D and he and Mr. Miyamoto have talked about it but haven't made any decisions, other than that they don't want to release a second remake without a new game first. And I ask, what is Skyward Sword? But I see his point, people have been worried about not getting a new Zelda game on the 3DS, but now you can stop fretting, we will be getting a new 3DS Zelda, and it will be before Nintendo considers Majora's Mask 3D. The article also says the new game will be based on the style of the DS titles, and that more information is coming when they post the full interview.

Is this for real? I'm a little paranoid about trusting the internet, I've seen plenty of people trying to fake Majora's Mask 3D leaks and such. Though this site seems to be a real game news magazine so I can't imagine they'd make this up.

Last edited:
"MY PLAN IS WORKING! THEY ARE ANGRY AT THE TERMINANS! HE HAS THE MASK, THE MOON IS COMING CLOSER......AND CLOSER AND CLOSER!........ They will rage, light and shadow will craft darkness. And I the Happy Mask Sales Man, will take Over!!!!!!!!!!!" I would be amazed by even this little bit of info, if it was cannon.;)

According to this article Majora's Mask 3D won't hold up a new title because it's not going to be released until we get the new 3DS Zelda, that is, if MM3D is released at all. Mr. Aonuma says he's been asked a few times about MM3D and he and Mr. Miyamoto have talked about it but haven't made any decisions, other than that they don't want to release a second remake without a new game first. And I ask, what is Skyward Sword? But I see his point, people have been worried about not getting a new Zelda game on the 3DS, but now you can stop fretting, we will be getting a new 3DS Zelda, and it will be before Nintendo considers Majora's Mask 3D. The article also says the new game will be based on the style of the DS titles, and that more information is coming when they post the full interview.

I would'nt trust this. This website hasn't got any sources which proves that Aonuma and Miyamoto said this. If there was a link to the actual conversation, then their claim is true. However I don't see a link so I would'nt take their word for it. Besides, sites like GoNintendo would of got this information by now, So I think they are making it up.

I would'nt trust this. This website hasn't got any sources which proves that Aonuma and Miyamoto said this. If there was a link to the actual conversation, then their claim is true. However I don't see a link so I would'nt take their word for it. Besides, sites like GoNintendo would of got this information by now, So I think they are making it up.
That's what I was thinking! It was weird that they were the only ones reporting it, and that they somehow got an interview with Eiji Aonuma when they seem to be a more obscure online magazine, not like Nintendo Power or Game Informer. But I wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything about it just in case.

EDIT:
Oh but then here's the guy who wrote that article, talking about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyDCDgxWFe0&t=12m47s

Last edited:
C

Caleb, Of Asui

I do support Operation Moonfall, but I think Axel (who is against it) did make a good point in one of his videos concerning the topic when he said that if it was released now it would be lost among all the other Zelda material Nintendo is pouring down on us, just as it was lost among Ocarina of Time, the Oracle games, and The Wind Waker at the time of its release. I do want to play a 3DS version of Majora's Mask at some point, but I can agree that it might be wise to wait a little bit in order to make sure it actually gets noticed, and Zelda's 25th Anniversary isn't necessarily the best time to make it stand out.

I think we should consider, though, that Majora's Mask was released originally at the end of the Nintendo 64's life, with the GameCube already announced and the PlayStation 2 already released (granted, the latter's outside of the realm of Zelda). With a 3DS version of Majora's Mask, however, they'd be releasing it on an entirely new console that frankly doesn't have very many games for it at this point. Right now, almost anything released for it, particularly any brand Zelda, is going to get noticed.

The way I see it, 2012 should be a good year for Majora's Mask 3D. Considering how long it takes to make good console games, I would be surprised if the Wii U Zelda title was completed before 2013. Perhaps a 3DS Zelda title could be released during 2012, more likely so if they've already gotten started on it, in which case they should distance it from Majora's Mask 3D as much as they reasonably can. Release Majora's Mask 3D earlier in the year, perhaps shortly before summer (which they can surely get done, especially if they employ Grezzo again) and the original 3DS title closer to Christmas. Skyward Sword would already have been out for a number of months with a number of months left for a 3DS Zelda title (if that comes forth at all), effectively isolating Majora's Mask 3D's release so people actually notice it.

And people need to notice this game. It's my favorite Zelda game so far (effectively making it my favorite video game overall), so I'd love to see it get the recognition it deserves.

Caleb of Asui is right this game needs to be noticed, which will be easy especally with the commercaill like this:
(backround music of Majoras Mask, a short clip showing Skullkid scream, the Moon fiery, the Happy Mask Salesmans song of healing with him playing his piano, Link switching between masks with awesome graphic places, and others such). People will be like o_O when skullkid screams in there living room, it might be a little lol, but it would be amazing!

I'm so happy, we got the most votes on Majoras Mask as a favorite game on that poll, this can help Operation Moonfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
No he hasn't. "We are considering the idea" is not the same as "it is definitely happening".

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
I think Majora's Mask should be on 3DS because I love the variety of music in the game. Playing as Deku, Zora and Goron will make is worth while for the remake. I'd say bring on the remake so I can beat the living daylights out of Majora himself.

I have the most fun when I got to be FD killing past bosses, it felt like I was the most powerful being ever. But some of the bosses rather cant be acomplished by FD to well unfortunately.

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I say that MM3D should be made, because honestly, if Nintendo were to do this, they would enlist the help of Grezzo again, just so that Nintendo could focus solely on the new Zelda that everyone's been clamoring for. And no more remakes? That's funny. Nintendo knows that they will make soo much more by updating all the games, and therefore, the won't quit remakes. For those of you who disagree with me, put yourself in a modern child's shoes. What 15 year old kid likes 16 bit graphics (other than me)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom