• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall

You are just making illogical excuses to why it even needs to be made.
I personally think those against Majora's Mask 3D are coming up with excuses not to make it. I don't think any of those reasons are logical at all, there just personal opinions.

It does not need to be made just because OOT came out.
When ever Ocarina of Time was ported onto the Gamecube, Wii so was Majora's Mask. It has every right to be remade because of that.

there isn't a legitimate reason to why it should be made.
There are way more legitimate and solid reasons for Majora's Mask 3D then there are for against it. Did you not watch Trevor's top 10 reasons for Operation Moonfall? Unless there are 10 legitimate and solid reasons for against it, i'm afraid Operation Moonfall is winning at the moment.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I personally think those against Majora's Mask 3D are coming up with excuses not to make it. I don't think any of those reasons are logical at all, there just personal opinions.

When ever Ocarina of Time was ported onto the Gamecube, Wii so was Majora's Mask. It has every right to be remade because of that.

There are way more legitimate and solid reasons for Majora's Mask 3D then there are for against it. Did you not watch Trevor's top 10 reasons for Operation Moonfall? Unless there are 10 legitimate and solid reasons for against it, i'm afraid Operation Moonfall is winning at the moment.

Considering the fact that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were together in a bundle pack. None of the games were changed besides adding Master Quest. And even though it's a possibility, do not get your hopes up. You can play Majora's Mask on the 64/Gamecube/Wii(virtual console), why turn it into a 3D game which, Ocarina of Time wasn't even THAT successful in 3D? Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Do not get pissy at me. Thank you. <3

Do not get pissy at me.

I'm not getting pissy with you, I'm basically saying that your making an unfair statement for those who want Majora's Mask 3D. They have every right to get their hopes up and not everyone got the chance to play Majora's Mask, not even on the port releases.
And another thing, Ocarina of time 3D sold pretty well. Acording to Nintendo, nearly everyone who bought a 3DS also bought Ocarina of Time 3D and 90% of the people who bought it thought it was a huge success.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I'm not getting pissy with you, I'm basically saying that your making an unfair statement for those who want Majora's Mask 3D. They have every right to get their hopes up and not everyone got the chance to play Majora's Mask, not even on the port releases.
And another thing, Ocarina of time 3D sold pretty well. Acording to Nintendo, nearly everyone who bought a 3DS also bought Ocarina of Time 3D and 90% of the people who bought it thought it was a huge success.

I'm really sorry for my attitude. I was stressed last night and had to write a piper..etc.. Anyway, yes I know that a lot of Majora's Mask fans want MM on the 3DS. But why? You can get MM for a much cheaper price just by getting it on the Wii's Virtual Console($20.00 point card). And this goes for Ocarina of Time as well, but obviously I'm too late. I, believe it or not, thought bringing OoT on the 3DS was a great idea! But then it just all started coming apart, especially when I first played a short part of the game at Target. Why make a 3DS if you have the option of turning the 3D off? That just.. defies the purpose of s 3DS.. Why couldn't they just add a new feature to the DSi that allowed you to play in 3D or if you didn't want to play in 3D, you could just turn the feature off..

Last edited:
You can get MM for a much cheaper price just by getting it on the Wii's Virtual Console($20.00 point card)
This is true, but not everyone has access to the Wii virtual console, me included. And it's not that easy to get your hands on the collectors edition for the gamecube nower days.

Why make a 3DS if you have the option of turning the 3D off?
Because being Nintendo, they want to create new technology for their consoles. 3D has never been implimented into a game console/handheld (as far as I'm aware). Nintendo knew that if the handheld was just in 3D, then the 3DS would'nt of sold well, so givern the option to turn it off was a great idea for people who don't like 3D.

Why couldn't they just add a new feature to the DSi that allowed you to play in 3D or if you didn't want to play in 3D
well, believe it or not, Nintendo wanted to move away from the 2D and low-res 3D graphics that were on the DS. traditionally, consoles/handhelds evolve after approximately 5-10 years after said console/handheld's release. Nintendo wanted to put Wii graphics on a handheld, and thanks to the Sony PSP, Nintendo realised this was a possibility. However, Nintendo didn't want to copy Sony's PSP completely, so they wanted to add new technology to the handheld, that's where the stereoscopic 3D comes in, and hense the 3DS was born. because technology is changing, making add ons to a dying console would not be a smart move because of competiton.

Last edited:
But why? You can get MM for a much cheaper price just by getting it on the Wii's Virtual Console($20.00 point card).

I have it on VC, and on the collector's disk, and I have two N64 cartridges as well. This doesn't stop me from wanting it on 3DS, because none of the other options can travel with me when my family drags me on a month-long car trip (I am not even kidding you, this summer we were traveling for about 26 days with two back-to-back trips). Also, I would just love to see the game with improved graphics, I know that graphics don't make a game, but they do make for something different to look at, Ocarina of Time 3D was so beautiful and it would be amazing to see Termina in a new perspective. I wouldn't be asking for it if it weren't partially finished and Aonuma hadn't said it was possible, but since those are so it makes me wonder how anyone would say no.

I get it that there's no solid, great reason for it, but there is no solid reason for any remake, yet the industry makes them and fans like them. I strongly believe we'd have seen Ocarina of Time 3D even if it were not Zelda's Anniversary (isn't Skyward Sword also being marketed as part of the Anniversary?) Other games have been revamped in various ways and there was no occasion for them. They have been porting their console games to handhelds for years, Ocarina of Time was next in line, they finally got the technology to do it, it just coincided with the anniversary and they looked at that as a marketing point and a way to avoid any obligations to do this again if they decided not to for some reason. Yes, it is there "get out of MM3D free card" if they choose to play it. They remade Ocarina of Time because the old graphics were a bit bad in comparison with today, a problem that will pretty much go away after the N64.

And what's just as important is there is also no solid reason against Majora's Mask 3D, and the reasons against it are weak even compared to the reasons for it. The only one that is really valid is that both MM3D and a new 3DS Zelda title won't be coming out at the same time time. But we did get news that a 3DS Zelda is in development, probably only in early stages right now, meaning it will take a while and there's time for MM3D to be released and sell for while before the new game is even ready. Or the game is further in development in which case they can wait to release MM3D until after the new title. There is time for both, and so that argument loses its validity.

I, believe it or not, thought bringing OoT on the 3DS was a great idea! But then it just all started coming apart, especially when I first played a short part of the game at Target. Why make a 3DS if you have the option of turning the 3D off? That just.. defies the purpose of s 3DS.. Why couldn't they just add a new feature to the DSi that allowed you to play in 3D or if you didn't want to play in 3D, you could just turn the feature off..

The 3D off option was a really smart move, and the point of the 3DS is not just the 3D, it's more powerful than a DS or DSi and it has a bigger screen. I didn't buy a DSi because my DS played the same games, but I'm glad I bought a 3DS, though I guess it's not as much of a step up from the DSi as it is from ye old DS. Regardless, the 3DS is more powerful and so it allows for higher quality games, and it's nice that people who don't like 3D can play those games, and the people who do like it can have it.

I know some people are disappointed in Ocarina of Time 3D, but I'm certainly not. There are a few things that could have been polished out a little more but they're hardly worth being disappointed over. I guess considering the financial trouble Nintendo is in, I don't mind them making some games that they will make a bigger profit off of, games with the story and designs already finished, remakes. I want new Zeldas too, and I want new Zeldas to keep coming out for a long time, so I want Nintendo to be around for a long time. If Majora's Mask 3D is easy to make and will sell well, why on earth should they not make it? That profit will go to ensuring future Zelda games.

From a fan's view, it's up to each person if they think it's worth it or not to buy a remake. I think Ocarina of Time 3D was worth every penny, and Majora's Mask 3D would be too. Anyone who doesn't can play it for 10 dollars on VC. Everybody wins.

Why make a 3DS if you have the option of turning the 3D off? That just.. defies the purpose of s 3DS..
Not necessarily. The previous iterations of DS had limited memory and processing power. The 3DS has higher hardware specs allowing for better graphics and smoother gameplay, not to mention the analog circle pad for smoother control than you could get with the D-pad or attempting to simulate analog control with the touch screen. Plus if you think about it, there was the original DS and the revised DS Lite; then the DSi which added downloadable games and cameras and had more powerful hardware, and the revised DSi XL; then the 3DS which added stereoscopic 3D and still more powerful hardware. It could technically be considered the 3rd generation of the DS.

Why couldn't they just add a new feature to the DSi that allowed you to play in 3D or if you didn't want to play in 3D, you could just turn the feature off..
The DSi screen couldn't support 3D except through the use of tinted glasses, and considering how Nintendo drills the glasses-free 3D into your brain with every press release, they obviously didn't want to go that route. Plus the tinted glasses are a bit of an eyestrain, and rather annoying for those of us who already wear glasses.

I do not understand why people would be against them making MM for the 3DS its not like anyone would force them to buy it...

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I do not understand why people would be against them making MM for the 3DS its not like anyone would force them to buy it...

I just don't want to see MM become a failure. It wouldn't make sense to you guys that I say that but it's true. Ocarina of Time was a success but what happens if MM becomes a huge flop? Anything can happen. Why take an already perfect game and risk it becoming a failure? Don't fix what isn't broken. Or in other words, if it's already in good state don't mess with it anymore. Besides, I don't even want a 3DS. My brother sold my Wii which had a bunch of old games on it and I just wouldn't have the time to play. I feel like I'm slipping away from Zelda. :(

I just don't want to see MM become a failure.
Trust me, it won't. Ocarina of Time 3D was brilliant, everything was the same except with the graphics, controls and tiny additions, and that's what made it even better than the original. I am confident that Grezzo can do the same for Majora's Mask.
Don't fix what isn't broken.
Ocarina of Time wasn't broken, but they still remade it... Majora's Mask may not of been broken, but that's not going to stop Grezzo from making Majora's Mask 3D.
Besides, I don't even want a 3DS.
Then explain to me why you are arguing then. Clearly if you don't want a 3DS, then Majora's Mask 3D shouldn't be bothering you.

Last edited:

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Trust me, it won't. Ocarina of Time 3D was brilliant, everything was the same except with the graphics, controls and tiny additions, and that's what made it even better than the original. I am confident that Grezzo can do the same for Majora's Mask.

Ocarina of Time wasn't broken, but they still remade it... Majora's Mask may not of been broken, but that's not going to stop Grezzo from making Majora's Mask 3D.

Then explain to me why you are arguing then. Clearly if you don't want a 3DS, then Majora's Mask 3D shouldn't be bothering you.

I did explain to you. I don't want Majora's Mask to become a failure. You don't know if it will be a success or not. You really don't. And me having a 3DS doesn't make sense. I'm happy with my lite.

I did explain to you. I don't want Majora's Mask to become a failure. You don't know if it will be a success or not. You really don't. And me having a 3DS doesn't make sense. I'm happy with my lite.

When you say Majora's Mask 3D will be a failure, your basically saying that Grezzo will ruin it when they absolutely proved with Ocarina of Time 3D that they won't. Besides, you never explained why Majora's mask 3D will be a failure. you can't just say it will be a failure without backing it up with reasons why.

Last edited:
I think I see what you're saying, GerudoDesert, you don't want to risk Majora's Mask "flopping" again and Nintendo looking down on it even more. That's always a risk, no one knows what will happen so I can't speak with total confidence, but I think that it stands a far better chance now that people are able to know what to expect. The game was so radically different when it came out that it wasn't what people were expecting and it caught them off guard. Now it's all over the internet what the game is about, how it's different from Ocarina of Time, and people can see that and not be shocked when they play it. It's unlikely that Majora's Mask 3D's rate of success could make Nintendo view in any worse light, no matter how well or not it sells, and I feel like the game is more likely to prove itself successful rather than to flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom