• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
IF they do remake it, I just hope they don't make the game much more bright and colorful, like they did with OoT 3D. If it looked bright and cheery it would ruin they game. But I just still don't see what's wrong with it on the N64. Except for feeling all warm and fuzzy! inside!

I've already signed the online petition and would love to see a remake, though I wouldn't be terribly dissapointed if it didn't happen. If Eiji hadn't brought it up in the first place I probably wouldn't give it a second thought, but the fact that it's being considered in some way makes me want it.

To comment on the above post, I actually prefer the visuals in OoT 3D against the original, because I really do feel like it's closer to the way the artists envisioned it. If you play OoT nowadays, you have to admit that a lot of textures/colors seem muted and lifeless in comparison to Mm, which was made more vibrant with the use of the expansion pack. I think they would keep much of Majora's design in-tact because they had more room to work with the game than they did OoT, at least as far as implementing ideas/designs. I think many aspects of the game would work great in 3D, even more so than OoT. The moon gradually coming closer with more depth added as it draws near, the surreal landscapes and the pink/purple hues of the skies on the final day...the dungeon design would pop with more creativity than before, etcetera. :D

When's the last time Nintendo's made two remakes in the same series on the same system in a row? Never. It's unprecedented.
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2 - 03/21/01
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World - 12/14/01
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island - 09/20/02
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - 07/11/03

the N64 is so old, someone like me couldn't play it (i'm 14).
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. The N64 is one year older than you. I've played the Atari 2600, and it's seven years older than I am, so age shouldn't matter. Since you've played the GameCube version, you must have a TV with composite or S-Video inputs, so it's not a problem with having a TV that's too modern. Maybe cost is an issue, since a used N64 and Majora's Mask cost more than a new game, but you could get a large collection of N64 games (depending on popularity and rarity) for a lot cheaper than a collection of modern games.

As for Majora's Mask on 3DS, I feel like OoT3D spoiled me. OoT was a good game, but OoT3D made some enhancements and additions that made it better and I have a hard time playing the original without thinking I could be playing a better version instead. Majora's Mask is in a weird gray area. On one hand, the only way I can play it is the N64 version (or a port thereof, like the Virtual Console release). On the other hand, I find myself wishing I had the new features and enhancements introduced in OoT3D, like the motion control aiming, the constant access to key items, extra item slots, smoother frame rate, etc. I like the idea of being able to play MM with all the enhancements that made OoT3D better than the original.

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I would like to see a game similar to Majora's Mask, maybe even a sequel...

They could make a game where the antagonist is Fierce Diety Link, who escaped from the mask.

Last edited:
I think a sequel would be cool, but at the same time, I can't help but think it just wouldn't be the same. For some reason I doubt Nintendo would go down the path of Majora's Mask these days. It might be too dark thematically, and they haven't really tried branching Zelda out as much as they used to. Which isn't a bad thing, per se, I'm just sayin', I don't see a sequel happening. Or a game similar to MM, though one can dream. :P

I would personnaly prefer a new Zelda for the 3DS, I can't see why I would want a game I alreasy have. I don't really care for new graphics, or having the game on the go. I'm not so obsessed with video games that I can't go a few hours without play one, right? :P

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Do You Want MM3D?

There has been plenty of talk about Operation Moonfall recently, and I was wondering if you wanted it and why you want it. Or if you don't want it, tell me why you don't want it. I want there to be one because Nintendo could improve upon the save system, could help me have a version that won't have the possibility of freezing (which has happened to me), and it just seems like good timing for a follow up of OoT3D.

(I don't know if there's already been a post about this, so sorry if there is.)

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I want Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess for hand held! Its a must! If They've already done Ocarina Of Time, regardless of what you think of the "re-release" not a remake, Majora's Mask has to follow.
:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I am absolutely astounded that anyone would want Majora's Mask on the 3DS. You are just making illogical excuses to why it even needs to be made. Why keep recycling when SS is coming out and a possible Wii U Zelda? It does not need to be made just because OOT came out. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Believe me, I really love MM. But there really isn't a legitimate reason to why it should be made. OOT was already awkward enough on the 3DS. Majora's Mask is twice as big as Ocarina of Time and what else could they do to make it better? Honestly...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom