• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So Im sure youve all read the article on Operation Moonfall and I was wondering your thoughts on it. Do you think a Majora's Mask remake would take away or prevent a possible new Zelda title for 3DS? Or could Nintendo do both? Which would you rather have? Thoughts. Now!

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I don't know how necessary this whole thing will be to getting Majora's Mask on the 3DS, but I fully support their efforts. I feel like it would kind of be a crime to bring Ocarina of Time to the 3DS like they did without its sister (I don't know why the game's female, haha). All things considered - what Aonuma said about fan demand, and how they can bring over assets from Ocarina of Time, etc. - there's really no reason they can't or shouldn't do it.

Some people express the concern of this delaying an original Zelda game for the 3DS, and while I share this concern to some degree, I'm also willing to wait a little longer to complete the Hero of Time's story on the 3DS first. Because it should take less time, and should logically be developed by Grezzo as well rather than by Nintendo directly (although I think they had some input before, and this is likely to happen again), it shouldn't take very much development time away from the new game at all.

Majora's Mask is a wonderful game, even better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, and I'd love to see it in the absolutely beautiful graphics of Ocarina of Time 3D and in portable format, which as suggested by Aonuma fits very nicely with this game.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Since they did OoT then yeah, do MM. But after this please no more remakes. Also fix the save system in the remake. It was kinda dumb that you could only save by reseting time.

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
Screw MM, just give us a whole new game!

But seriously, I would like to see a new Zelda (game) on my 3ds.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I tweeted to Nintendo of America saying everyone wants MM3D! I want it AND a new game. I agree, no more remakes after this. Or if they can outsource it to another studio so we can have both like they did with OoT, then why complain?

Garo

Boy Wonder
Since they did OoT then yeah, do MM. But after this please no more remakes. Also fix the save system in the remake. It was kinda dumb that you could only save by reseting time.

That's half of what made Majora's Mask a great game - take away that and you might as well take away the Three-Day System entirely.

I would be receptive to allowing the Owl Save Statues to be used anywhere, however; once you open up a save file made at an Owl Statue, it gets erased so you can't save before a temple, and reload if you run out of time.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
It sounds to me like there will be riots in the streets if we dont see a MM 3D :P But all that aside, Id much rather see a new game. But if both are possible, (which I dont see why they wouldnt be) then go for it:D

Hero's Shade

Do not falter my child...
I find it ridiculous the amount of people seem to believe that this would detract time from Nintendo. The only reason Aonuma said it (probably) is that it would be so easy for Nintendo to get GREZZO to do it again.
The original Majora's Mask took around a year to make. and I expect the remake will take a similar amount of time.

tl;dr GREZZO will make it, it won't take long.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I am seriously all for a Majora's Mask 3D remake, it wouldn't feel right at all just having Ocarina of Time 3D. If it effected the release of a new game in any way then I might be less for it, but since it will in no way effect anything then there is no reason to be against it! Also, no one is forcing anyone to buy it if they don't want it (Unless Nintendo secretly uses mind control).

I also updated my signature with a link to the Operation MoonFall petition if any of you are interested in signing it.:)

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
i think it would be hard to do a remake AND a new game. i think nintendo's done enough remakes

Nintendo would use Grezzo for the Majora's Mask, Nintendo would still be able to focus 100% of it's work on a new game.
It is confusing how so many people miss this little fact, maybe because it renders the arguement against a remake completely moot.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Nintendo would use Grezzo for the Majora's Mask, Nintendo would still be able to focus 100% of it's work on a new game.
It is confusing how so many people miss this little fact, maybe because it renders the arguement against a remake completely moot.

But that begs the question - why would people be opposed to a remake to the point where they ignore the fact? The remake is not at all a contractually "you must buy this" sort of deal. It wouldn't interfere with the provision of new Zelda experiences. There is, quite literally, no downside to it. In fact, there is an upside even beyond "we get MM3D". Nintendo turns a nice profit from it, allowing them to stay solvent, allowing them to make further Zelda games, and proving that the 3DS is a viable platform for Zelda games from both a gameplay standpoint and a profit standpoint.

I also find it odd that people have never complained about previous remakes - ALttP for the GBA was met with praise. The Zelda Collector's Edition was met with a similar level of praise, despite a few glitches. The cancelled plans for the "Triforce trilogy" included a remake of the original, and I still see people lament that that game was not released. And, of course, OoT 3D has been met with some of the highest praise for any game so far this year (Portal 2 edges ahead I think, but that's all that comes to mind).

Why now? What is it about Majora's Mask that people don't want to see remade, even though it does not detriment them in any way?

It sounds to me like there will be riots in the streets if we dont see a MM 3D :P
Riots? Where can I sign up? :P But really, I think we're going to see it. I think that Mr. Aonuma wouldn't have worded his response that way if he wasn't prepared to make it, and if this isn't the kind of fan response they want then I don't know what is. Over 4000 signatures so far!

amaterasu

Writer
I think it'd be a great idea. There's actually a link to a site in teh chat that'll bring you to the place. Well, not anymore but there was. there's been a lot of talk about it everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom