• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall: What There Really Trying to Achive.

As the debate of Majora's Mask 3D goes on, more and more people are putting in there thoughts about Operation Moonfall.

I have been thinking about Operation Moonfall and now I see it's main purpose:

Operation Moonfall isn't trying to stop development of a new Zelda title, it's not trying to waste Nintendo's time and it's not making Nintendo make it straight away. All Operation Moonfall wants is to guarentee the production of Majora's Mask 3D, nothing more, nothing less.

I hope this changes a few peoples opinions, but if your still against Operation Moonfall for other reasons, fair enough.

Last edited:
We're really just trying to make sure that Nintendo knows they have a lot of fans who are interested in Majora's Mask 3D. It's up to them if they make it or not, and we won't riot or throw golf-balls with the moon's face painted on them through their windows if they choose not to. Mr. Aonuma said that there's a chance if fans "clamor" and show interest in the idea, and so that's what we're trying to do.

Of course we don't want it over a new game, and if we thought it was a choice between the two we wouldn't be asking for it, but both can definitely be made and we're trying to encourage them to do that, to make both. We're not trying to annoy Nintendo. We're NOT trying to prevent or hold up a new game. We're just responding to a comment made my Eiji Aonuma on the off chance that he was serious and anything we say or do could actually get us the other N64 Zelda game remade for the 3DS sometime before the system has run it's course. With backwards compatibility, it could come out the last day of the 3DS's life and still be on better grounds than it was near the end of the N64's, because it would still be playable on the next system. So it really doesn't matter when they release it, we just want them to release it.

We're really just trying to make sure that Nintendo knows they have a lot of fans who are interested in Majora's Mask 3D. It's up to them if they make it or not, and we won't riot or throw golf-balls with the moon's face painted on them through their windows if they choose not to. Mr. Aonuma said that there's a chance if fans "clamor" and show interest in the idea, and so that's what we're trying to do.

Of course we don't want it over a new game, and if we thought it was a choice between the two we wouldn't be asking for it, but both can definitely be made and we're trying to encourage them to do that, to make both. We're not trying to annoy Nintendo. We're NOT trying to prevent or hold up a new game. We're just responding to a comment made my Eiji Aonuma on the off chance that he was serious and anything we say or do could actually get us the other N64 Zelda game remade for the 3DS sometime before the system has run it's course. With backwards compatibility, it could come out the last day of the 3DS's life and still be on better grounds than it was near the end of the N64's, because it would still be playable on the next system. So it really doesn't matter when they release it, we just want them to release it.

Exactly what i'm talking about! We just need more people to realise this. :D

Last edited:
i'm not against grezzo doing mm at all, and i will buy it if they do it, but i'm against operation moonfall as the fan movement, if that makes any sense. my hate for the operation moonfall has nothing to do with them making the game or not, but i don't get why so many people are obsessed with getting a port of an old game that they've played or can play right now. it's not all zelda fans but i'm annoyed that half the current zelda news seems to have to do with a port, there is so much else to whine about in gaming besides getting mm remastered, and mm isn't old enough to have it make a big difference, just slightly better graphics, framerate, and 3d, that's why i consider it a port it's still the same game. i'm also just alittle annoyed at all the other movements and petitions springing up recently like operation rainfall and the one for mml3, alot of people are acting like it's the end of the world and saying ridiculous things like they will never support nintendo again cause they won't bring over some random jrpgs, it's not like it's the first time cool stuff doesn't make it out of Japan. i know i'm straying off topic but that's my take, just let nintendo do their thing.

and i am aware that aonuma said he wanted to hear from the fans, so what i said is kind of irrelevent, but i still think some fans are making too big a deal out of it

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It is true that some fans are making a big deal out of nothing. MM3D would be sweet to have and believe it or not it would be the best complement to OoT3D as the 3DS stands currently. Contrary to what others think, MM3D wouldn't impede progress on a new 3DS Zelda (apparently people don't understand that Grezzo isn't a first party Nintendo developer and thus wouldn't easily get to work on a new Zelda title versus a simple remaster), they could be devved side by side but likely the theoretical Majora's Mask 3D would release first because the models and engine are already done for the most part.

The way I see it, eventually, a good deal of the anti-OM people will be complaining about the lack of Zelda on the 3DS (you can see that the Mario series is getting like 3 releases within 3 months) and will ask for any Zelda, be it MM3D or some entirely new Zelda. I did not mean to offend anyone wit that, if you feel it is offensive then PM me about it or something please)

Last edited:
commercially though mm3d could affect production, i mean if oot and mm 3d are selling a lot nintendo may not push new games as much. i'm not saying for sure but it's something to keep in mind. nintendo is really pushing starfox and oot 3d so they can say the 3ds has those key franchises, but if it didn't have those they would probobly be trying harder to create new games in the series. if mm3d comes out... and i strongly think it will, my estimite being 2013, that could delay any word of a new game because the zelda fans are showing with operation moonfall that they are satisfied with remakes.

i would complain about lack of zelda if there are no new games in the next few years, regardless of whether mm3d is made or not, because it's not a 3ds game it's an n64 game you can play on the 3ds. playing through oot 3d was no different than on 64 for me

commercially though mm3d could affect production, i mean if oot and mm 3d are selling a lot nintendo may not push new games as much. i'm not saying for sure but it's something to keep in mind. nintendo is really pushing starfox and oot 3d so they can say the 3ds has those key franchises, but if it didn't have those they would probobly be trying harder to create new games in the series. if mm3d comes out... and i strongly think it will, my estimite being 2013, that could delay any word of a new game because the zelda fans are showing with operation moonfall that they are satisfied with remakes.

i would complain about lack of zelda if there are no new games in the next few years, regardless of whether mm3d is made or not, because it's not a 3ds game it's an n64 game you can play on the 3ds. playing through oot 3d was no different than on 64 for me

Firstly, neither Majora's mask 3D or Zelda 3DS has been confirmed. Secondly, Nintendo will decide which game will come first when they are confirmed. For all we know, Zelda 3DS may come out before Majora's Mask 3D, so if that were the case, then Majora's mask 3D won't affect it's production. If it was Vice-versa, it still won't reduce production because from Ocarina of time 3D, Grezzo will know what needs to be done and can make Majora's Mask 3D independantly whereas Nintendo can consentrate more on Zelda 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom