• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OPERATION GRUNTILDA

This will never happen unless Rare goes back to Nintendo. No amount of petition signatures, fan complaints, etc. will ever get these games on the virtual console.

Big Octo

=^)
Although Rare has allowed DKC games on the VC, I'm not sure if they'll do this. Nuts 'n Bolts kind of sealed the deal with Rare's Banjo-Kazooie, considering that now the first two games are on the Xbox LIVE Arcade. Come to think of it, BK going on Xbox brings the series to a new audience, not bad.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So Rare is the reason Donkey Kong 64 wasn't included on the VC? I was puzzled to see it wasn't, because a lot of other big-name titles were on it. I think they should go ahead and allow all their games to be put up; lets the enjoyment of playing them for countless fans of the N64 days continue and the new generation pick it up as well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well it isn't necessarily Rare that has all the say in it; Microsoft owns Rare from what I can tell (isn't it Microsoft Game Studios now, or a subsidiary thereof?), and unless Microsoft says yes then I don't think we'll get Banjo, DK64 or other big hits back. I hope Nintendo can learn from this and realize that they really do need that third party support – first party titles like Mario and Zelda are great, but there ARE other titles worth noting. I can't say I support this movement but at the same time I can't say I DON'T support it.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Well it isn't necessarily Rare that has all the say in it; Microsoft owns Rare from what I can tell (isn't it Microsoft Game Studios now, or a subsidiary thereof?), and unless Microsoft says yes then I don't think we'll get Banjo, DK64 or other big hits back. I hope Nintendo can learn from this and realize that they really do need that third party support – first party titles like Mario and Zelda are great, but there ARE other titles worth noting. I can't say I support this movement but at the same time I can't say I DON'T support it.

Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong Franchise. It was Shigeru Miyamoto's creation. All Rare did was make the game. If what you say is true, then DKC 1, 2 and 3 wouldn't be on the Wii VC.

Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong Franchise. It was Shigeru Miyamoto's creation. All Rare did was make the game. If what you say is true, then DKC 1, 2 and 3 wouldn't be on the Wii VC.

I'm agree and if I'm not mistaken Donkey Kong 64 is not on VC because Nintendo are unable to emulate this game on the Wii.There are other classics that they are unable to emulate on the Wii as well,like Yoshi's island,Star Fox(snes),Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

(I never saw the actual proof of that,I only read it on other forums)

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I'm agree and if I'm not mistaken Donkey Kong 64 is not on VC because Nintendo are unable to emulate this game on the Wii.There are other classics that they are unable to emulate on the Wii as well,like Yoshi's island,Star Fox(snes),Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

(I never saw the actual proof of that,I only read it on other forums)

We might see that see those games on the Wii U. And are you perhaps French Canadian? If so... Bienvenue à Zelda Dungeon. Sorry if it's bad. Google translate is horrible.

We might see that see those games on the Wii U. And are you perhaps French Canadian? If so... Bienvenue à Zelda Dungeon. Sorry if it's bad. Google translate is horrible.

No,the translation was okey and yes I'm French Canadian,but knew because I'm wrighting like one or you only guess?

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I have a theory why DK64 is not on VC. Emulation issues might be a problem (if you play the game on emulator, you will see some minor graphical glitches, but the game should be 100% playable and beatable), but there is a second possibility.

DK64 features two more old games inside - original arcade Donkey Kong and Jetpac. With the first one there shouldn't be a problem (Nintendo owns the rights to DK), but Rare owns the rights to the second game, Jetpac. Like Banjo-Kazooie games, Jetpac is available on Xbox Live Arcade (as Jetpac Refuelled - new version with modern graphics, but it's possible to play classic version as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom