• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Operating System of Choice?

Operating system that you use?

• Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Vista

• Windows XP

• Mac OS X or other apple OS

• Linux or other related OS

• Total voters

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
So i was just curious about what Operating system everyone uses for the computer that they are on and decided to make a thread about it to see. For me i use Windows 7 and have been using it since it came out. However i bet that a lot more people or at least a fair percentage of everyone here may still use XP.

For me i just really like Windows 7 because i feel like its the best from both XP and Vista. I know some people may disagree but i think we can all agree that Vista was not the best operating system along with Windows ME of course.

I actually wish Windows 2000 was still supported. One reason I liked it was because it was fast, it didn't need a ton of resources to use, and it simply worked (in fact I have a VM with 2000 on it, and will still run modern applications). I now use XP, I see no reason to switch to a newer OS that's going to take up more resources. I have played with Linux and Mac, but the problem is simply the fact that I can't run the programs I need to.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
well Windows 7 doesn't take up nearly as many resources as Vista does but i can understand why you want to stick with XP. I also am not really that big of a fan of Linux or Mac. I have used both and am actually using a Mac right now at my internship but just to me i do not like the user interfaces as Windows and like you said you can't always run the programs you want to run.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I would say either Windows 7 or XP. XP is the one I use right now, and I'm very happy with it, but 7 looks so much better (By looks, I mean appearance XD). Mac and Linux are my least favorite Operating Systems. I just don't like them XD.

Linux. I currently use Arch Linux, which so far is probably my favourite distribution. I absolutely can't stand using Macs. I hate everything about them. My main problem with Vista (besides that it seems broken by design) was the ridiculous amount of resources things like the indexing service used. Windows 7 seems to have improved in this area, but there are still other things I don't like about it, but that goes for all versions of Windows.

I have Win 7 Home Premium and it's the best OS I've ever used. Hard to believe Microshaft finally got something right.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Mac and Linux are my least favorite Operating Systems. I just don't like them XD.

I absolutely can't stand using Macs. I hate everything about them..

Yeah I agree about Macs..i have been using one at my internship just to get more experience with them since i'm going to be like the IT support guy and want to have that much more support experience but the user interface still really annoys me or maybe its just cause i have gotten so use to PCs user interface.

Moldorm

Is not Error
I'm really happy with Windows 7. This is probably due to many battles with Vista, but that's all behind me. Now, it's just smooooth sailing. :keese:

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
I really enjoy windows 7 because its vista without all the crap that it had.... I also like Linux for other things like programing and animating.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I use Windows 7, well it is actually Windows 7 starter but there isn't much difference between the two. It is very good, actually. I like the design and layout, I also find the taskbar at the bottom useful. There are loads of ads on TV for the amazing things Windows 7 can do. I like the search box on the Start menu, that is very useful. But otherwise there are things I still haven't discovered. But I prefer Windows 7 to any other I have used, like XP and Vista.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have Windows Vista atm, but overall I like the way Windows XP works, so my vote went to it. In the future I hope I can get an XP computer.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I have a Mac OS X, and it's the best computer I have ever had!

I really enjoy windows 7 because its vista without all the crap that it had.... I also like Linux for other things like programing and animating.

I guess it really depends what you want to use the computer for in the end whether you choose Mac or Linux over PC.

I use Windows 7, well it is actually Windows 7 starter but there isn't much difference between the two. It is very good, actually. I like the design and layout, I also find the taskbar at the bottom useful. There are loads of ads on TV for the amazing things Windows 7 can do. I like the search box on the Start menu, that is very useful. But otherwise there are things I still haven't discovered. But I prefer Windows 7 to any other I have used, like XP and Vista.

Well Windows 7 starter is missing some features but yes i agree that search is a great feature and there is also a lot of other good features in Windows 7.

I have Windows Vista atm, but overall I like the way Windows XP works, so my vote went to it. In the future I hope I can get an XP computer.

yes XP was probably one of the first operating systems that Microsoft released that was stable and did what it needed to do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom