• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oox - That Kid...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I speak, of course, of Bippin and Blossom's son - the newborn you find either in Horon Village or Lynna City (depending upon which game you play first) in need of a name. You give him whatever name you want and he grows up as you play the game.

I read on the Zelda Wiki that the child's growth depends upon how many gasha trees you plant. I've played a round of Ages --> Seasons and have just finished a second go-round on Seasons to start ---> Ages and in both instances, I've only been able to get him up to a toddler stage - he runs from me when I get near him. I was planting gasha trees like crazy hoping I could get to see him as a teenager (I read that you can bring him up to teen), but, no... he's stuck as a toddler.

Will he continue to grow if I plant gashas in the second game or is he doomed to his arrested growth forever because I ended the first game with him at toddler? (For those who don't know, when you beat one game, the family moves to the other game/other land).

And, to keep this from being a Help Section topic... um... What did you all think of this little in-game diversion and do you have any intersting names you named the kid?

My first go round: "Vash."
Second/current go round: "Bob."

Last edited:
well, lets just say that i named him something that would appear as ***** on these forums. ad i know i'm not alone.

octorok74

TETTAC
I named him Link, that way the real Link had someone to take his place if Veran annialated him. I've gotten the kid to be a knight and a singer. It seems wierd how the kid's age changes, but Bippin and Blossom's age doesn't.

K

Kele

Uh.. i dont think planting
gasha tree affects to that.
You have to play through game.
I was almost played through game
and visited that house.
The kid was sick and had to give them
some money.
I walked out of the house after that
in again to see what happened.
The kid had grown up to teenager.
That proves
that that gasha tree threory is just a rumour.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
I think that you have to talk to the kid and his parents, and more options are available later in the game.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a canon name for him? It'd be really interesting to see if he has a canon name.

I think that you have to talk to the kid and his parents, and more options are available later in the game.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a canon name for him? It'd be really interesting to see if he has a canon name.

i think his canon name is just bipsom and blossom's son :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
He has no canon name, but he does have an *almost* canon name, depending upon what you are willing to count as canon.

There were a couple of "Choose your Own Adventure" type books made for Seasons and Ages and in them, if you choose one of the short paths in the books, you get to read of Link going to Bippin and Blossom's house. Since these are literature and not a straight-out game, he gets the bright idea in the text to name the child "Bipsom" - a combination of Bippin and Blossom. This is only in these canon-deviating, English-language licensed books, though - which, while under lisence, are not canon to the Nintendo or Capcom development teams. Text from these books can be found on a site called "Rauru's Return," I believe - I found links to them from the Books and Comics section at "North Castle."

LANZZ

Scarecrow
To make him grow up to adult, you must play both oox games through the linked game using password given after you beat one of these games. In the second game, he will grow up to warrior, musician, slacker, or larborist depending on your answer to blossom and her son questions..... And the most important, you will get different gift from that kid depending on what he become when he grow up......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom