• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oox Placement

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
The Triforce is not in separate pieces in OoX. They are together, they just aren't in the triangle shape that they usually are seen in while they are together. Regardless, they are setting right next to each other on their pedestals in Hyrule Castle. That doesn't mean they are apart.

ok thanking you for saying because now i can take out my last inconsistence with my theory.
Ok in the end of ALTTP you see the triforce together (im not sure if it was in Hyrule Castle or not). So with this you can see that after ALTTP, OOX would come with a new Link who is called to the Trifoce that wa put back together in ALTTP

T

TheLastLink

Oracle Games Before the Minish Cap?

So i got this idea when i was playing MC. i was scrolling through my figurines collection when
it i highlighted the Din one and it says something like:
"She descended from a long line of oracles originating from the land of Holodrum."o_O
it says something similar with Nayru, too.
now is this just an easter egg with no real meaning or is it something that should be taken with a grain of salt?

Z

Zora

"She descended from a long line of oracles originating from the land of Holodrum." Doesn't mean anything. In no way does it say anything about the oracle games before minish cap. All it does is say Din comea from Holodrum.

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
Capcom has ever right to tie their games together as much as Nintendo. Though the oracles play a small side quest role in TMC, their existence is prevalent due to their roles in the OoX series.

My only question is, "Why would their descendants be in Hyrule?" Considering the Royal Family's entire mission was to bring the Oracles to Hyrule for protection in the first place, it would give reason to why they have descendants their.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
A possibility, but without a direct quote from Capcom about their relationship or a positive blood test i don't think we will ever know who is the descendant and who is the ancestor. I think the connection is just to point out that the two games are loosely tied and nothing more. OoX's graphic's are very downgraded which could cause some to believe that it comes before MC on the timeline. But if anything I think that the MC and OoX games are not so far apart in time, they may even decide to use the Oracles again but it's not going to give us any insight's about the timeline.

Come to think of it there were three girls in TP's Castle Town that had red, blue and green hair. I forget their names but i know they didn't share the same name as the oracles. I could be that the have some connection to the women in MC though... hmm just food for thought.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm going to merge this thread with another thread that is in the Timeline section that already discusses the placement, and touches on the figurines, for OoX.

As for what I think, I think that the statement of the figurines could easily mean that the line of oracles originate from Labrynna/Holodrum but that doesn't mean that the current oracles in MC must be the descendants of the ones from OoX. It could easily be the other way around as we have no idea how long of a family line there is in either direction (past or future).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Thank you Zemen.
That's exactly what I think, and it is extremely viable.
It helps to show that the line of Oracles has probably been around for even more time than the MS was, and even Ganon/dorf

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
IAs for what I think, I think that the statement of the figurines could easily mean that the line of oracles originate from Labrynna/Holodrum but that doesn't mean that the current oracles in MC must be the descendants of the ones from OoX. It could easily be the other way around as we have no idea how long of a family line there is in either direction (past or future).

Calling bull**** on the account of these logical fallacies that demerit your statement

Denying the antecedent: draws a conclusion from premises that do not support that conclusion by assuming Not P implies Not Q on the basis that P implies Q
post hoc ergo propter hoc: believing that temporal succession implies a causal relation.

I know its just a game, but I'm allowed deductive reasoning. Sorry Zemen, but I truly believe you're diverting away from an obvious timeline connection Capcom was trying to make between their games. I don't really see another reason to believe in the other way around like you're suggesting - Rough Scenario [Oracles originate from Hyrule and have descendants there and then move away from Hyrule to their respective locations of lineage in the OoX series]. Yes, I understand people can have multiple descendants in different areas. But I won't accept the developers left room for such complicated, real-life-scenario, diversity when OoX was made before TMC. Playing devil's advocate is unnecessary here.

Last edited:

Pinecove

Last Chance
Nono, think Zemen is absolutely right, and I'll tell you why:

『ふしぎの木の実』は、カプコン制作。最初から3つのトライフォースが揃っており、ガノンが既に封印され、 リンクがハイラル城に出入りできる立場にあり、ゼルダ姫とも面識がある世界観から、『神々のトライフォース 』『夢を見る島』の後の話と推測される。当時発売された『64DREAM』等の雑誌では、『ふしぎの木の実 』の情報として『神々のトライフォース』のリンクと同一人物と報じていた。『時のオカリナ』とは同名の別人 と思われるツインローバがガノン復活に尽力し、最後はその身を捧げてガノンを召喚するも、トライフォースを 宿したリンクに再び滅ぼされる。『夢を見る島』と『ふしぎの木の実』がどちらが前か後かははっきりしていな い。しかし、『ふしぎの木の実』のエンディングにリンクが海へ出航するシーンが存在し、『夢をみる島』では リンクが船で遭難するところから始まるため、『ふしぎの木の実』から『夢をみる島』へと物語が続いていると 見る事もできる。

We discovered that on a Japanese wikipedia. Milkjamjuice on ZI is translating it for us right, now but using a very crappy translator we got this:

"Strange nuts" are Capcom production. 3 of try force is even from the beginning, and a moth non seals up already, and a link is infered from the worldview which has acquaintance with Zelda princess, too with talk after "try force of gods" "Shima who has a dream" in the viewpoint where you can go in and out of a HAIRARU castle. A link of "try force of gods" and the identical figure were being reported as information on "strange nuts" by a magazine of the "64DREAM" etc. sold then. TSUINROBA which seems a homonymous another person endeavors after a moth non recovery with "ocarina at time", the end offers the body, and, a moth non, it's summoned, it's destroyed by the link pregnant with try force again. It isn't certain where "Shima who has a dream" and "strange nuts" are the front or the back. But the scene from which a link sails to a sea exists in an ending of "strange nuts", and then for "Shima who has a dream to start from the place where a link is in distress by ship, it's possible to think a story follows "Shima who has a dream" from "strange nuts".

Looks like OoS and OoA feature the same Link as ALttP and LA. Then again, we'll wait for the proper translation just to be sure. ;)

-Pine

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Calling bull**** on the account of these logical fallacies that demerit your statement

Be careful. You are treading on thin waters with that statement. That could easily be viewed as flaming. Just a warning.

I know its just a game, but I'm allowed deductive reasoning. Sorry Zemen, but I truly believe you're diverting away from an obvious timeline connection Capcom was trying to make between their games.

It could easily just be a random easter egg that gives honor to a past game that capcom made rather than trying to make a timeline statement.

If you are going to hold the figurines in such high regards then how come the figurine of the blade brothers shows them in much different character designs than the actual blade brothers shown in the game?

Out of the 8 blade brothers portrayed in the game and in the figurines, only 3 of them actually look the same in both the game and on the figurine. The rest have completely different character designs.

Here's the source for that: http://zeldawiki.org/Blade_Brothers

Clearly the consistency of the figurines isn't all that important.

I don't really see another reason to believe in the other way around like you're suggesting

Because merely stating that the oracles in MC are from a long line of descendants of oracles from Labrynna/Holodrum obviously shows that it's possible for the oracles to leave Labrynna/Holodrum to go to Hyrule. If that never happened then the oracles in MC would not be there. The fact that they left the country implies that it's possible for their lineage to return someday which means that the oracles in OoX could just as easily be descendants as opposed to predecessors.

But I won't accept the developers left room for such complicated, real-life-scenario, diversity when OoX was made before TMC.

It's called adding to the story. They didn't have to make OoX with MC in mind for it to work. They can make things in MC worded a certain so that it works with the old games that they can't change.

Playing devil's advocate is unnecessary here.

It's only devil's advocate if I don't necessarily believe what I'm saying, but I do, so I'm not being a devil's advocate. I'm preaching what I believe.

We discovered that on a Japanese wikipedia. Milkjamjuice on ZI is translating it for us right, now but using a very crappy translator we got this:

"Strange nuts" are Capcom production. 3 of try force is even from the beginning, and a moth non seals up already, and a link is infered from the worldview which has acquaintance with Zelda princess, too with talk after "try force of gods" "Shima who has a dream" in the viewpoint where you can go in and out of a HAIRARU castle. A link of "try force of gods" and the identical figure were being reported as information on "strange nuts" by a magazine of the "64DREAM" etc. sold then. TSUINROBA which seems a homonymous another person endeavors after a moth non recovery with "ocarina at time", the end offers the body, and, a moth non, it's summoned, it's destroyed by the link pregnant with try force again. It isn't certain where "Shima who has a dream" and "strange nuts" are the front or the back. But the scene from which a link sails to a sea exists in an ending of "strange nuts", and then for "Shima who has a dream to start from the place where a link is in distress by ship, it's possible to think a story follows "Shima who has a dream" from "strange nuts".

Looks like OoS and OoA feature the same Link as ALttP and LA. Then again, we'll wait for the proper translation just to be sure. ;)

-Pine

I'm so confused by what you just said, Pine lol...

Pinecove

Last Chance

I HELPED WRITE THAT!!! :P

Because merely stating that the oracles in MC are from a long line of descendants of oracles from Labrynna/Holodrum obviously shows that it's possible for the oracles to leave Labrynna/Holodrum to go to Hyrule. If that never happened then the oracles in MC would not be there. The fact that they left the country implies that it's possible for their lineage to return someday which means that the oracles in OoX could just as easily be descendants as opposed to predecessors.

I agree. By ocham'z razor, it only proves TMC and oX are on the same timeline.

I'm so confused by what you just said, Pine lol...

OoS/OoA may be confirmed to come in direct precedence or precedence of ALttP or LA or both.

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I have a different theory. I'm too lazy too see if anyone else posted this, so here it goes:

On the child timeline (yes, the timeline splits) loooong after the events of ST, one of Link's descendants is exploring the far north of New Hyrule when he comes across a strange temple. OOA follows.

On the other side of the timeline, after LoZ (which is a parallel to ST), Z2, and LttP, a new Link, descended of the Link from Lttp, exploring a land south of the Hyrule of Lttp when he comes across a strange temple. OOS follows.

At the very end of each quest, both Links of both timelines are standing in the same spot at the same time ready to fight Twinrova when *BAM* the timelines meet right then and there. The Links are linked together to form one Link. They (or really 'he') fight Twinrova, then Gannon, defeating him forever.

After this, the new Link sails off into the distance, only to be found stranded on the beach of a mysterious island. This is the start of Link's Awakening.

Ta-daa! The end of the timeline. My theory goes farther back than that, but I am sticking to OOX right now.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Xixor: What? it is rather plain that the OoA and OoS Links are the same guy, did you play the games or did you wiki information?

I agree with Zemen on this one, the prerequisites for the OoX games is a dead Ganon and combined Triforce so it is post OoT. So if you place MC at the beginning you are out of luck to put OoX directly after. Also the MC game has the Light Force with no mention of the Triforce implying either far before OoT or a great time after any game with the Triforce where the people have forgotten it's name.

J

jeanlee411

Ah, thank you. That puts my mind at ease on that subject. Though it was still used by an ancient demon, right?
I'm not ready to form an opinion on the MS yet, as I have not played the game. I suppose I'll just assume it's noncanon (as it doesn't reflect any significance in my current timeline) until I play it and decide otherwise.
so then what is the final decision on OOX's placement? Is it On the Ct somehwere after ALTTP/LA
because that to me makes the most since

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom