• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoX Placement Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found where Oracle of Ages/Seasons fits in with the timeline. And it is a weird placement and it will mess up some peoples hopes and dreams including mine xD. The following pics are proof that the Oracle series comes before Minish Cap D: :

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap.png
The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap1.png

OoX > MC > FS > FSA > LA > ALTTP > LoZ > AoL

Now we know for a fact that part of the above timeline fits in this fashion. "A line of oracles' indicates that a few games may come between OoX and MC. But it may or may not be any game that is already out.

Last edited:
Huh? It said that she descended from a line of oracles from Labrynna. Labrynna is in OoX. Those screenshots are from MC that I just took. She is in MC aside from the toy collection. In MC, she is in Hyrule Town alongside both of her sisters. How can it be 'just a reference'? I don't believe that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Huh? It said that she descended from a line of oracles from Labrynna. Labrynna is in OoX. Those screenshots are from MC that I just took. She is in MC aside from the toy collection. In MC, she is in Hyrule Town alongside both of her sisters. How can it be 'just a reference'? I don't believe that.

I know what it says. But it's just a reference to the Oracle games. This is just a figurine. There are no canonical references to the OoX in-game, which is crucial to making connections.

Last edited:
The figurines tell the story (or gives a tidbit) of every character and monster in the game (MC). Why would they tell a fake story for one character and then have all the other figurines be true to what is going on in Minish Cap? That doesn't make sense. The figures are almost like a bestiary in this game. In MC, they are in the hotel trying to find a place to stay (same thing that the figure dialogue says before the screenshotted area). Yeah, they referrence OoX because of the fact now that it comes before MC. It is what it is, can't argue with in-game dialogue.

S

sf8

It's not an in-game dialogue. Just because it says Labrynna, doesn't mean the game with Labrynna in it comes first. If AoL said "Sky" in it does that make Skyward Sword it's prequel?

I think Nintendo made it pretty clear that it goes OoX-LA and this is why:

In the end of the oracles games, you see Link leaving on a raft. In the beginning of LA, Link is on a raft. In my opinion it goes ALTTP-OoX-LA because in the end of ALTTP Link has the Tri-force. He is a hero. In the beginning of OoX, someone says "Accept our quest, hero!". Also in LA he mistakes Marin for Zelda, showing that he already knows Zelda. Either way you look at it, there is evidence showing that OoX occurs as a prequel to LA, whether or not you believe ALTTP comes before them.

*It's not an in-game dialogue. **Just because it says Labrynna, doesn't mean the game with Labrynna in it comes first. ***If AoL said "Sky" in it does that make Skyward Sword it's prequel?

****I think Nintendo made it pretty clear that it goes OoX-LA and this is why:

*****In the end of the oracles games, you see Link leaving on a raft. In the beginning of LA, Link is on a raft. In my opinion it goes ALTTP-OoX-LA because in the end of ALTTP Link has the Tri-force. He is a hero. In the beginning of OoX, someone says "Accept our quest, hero!". Also in LA he mistakes Marin for Zelda, showing that he already knows Zelda. Either way you look at it, there is evidence showing that OoX occurs as a prequel to LA, whether or not you believe ALTTP comes before them.

*It's a bestiary. It is in game dialogue.

**It said she descended from a line of oracles in Labrynna. Descended means comes after. If it didn't matter, they wouldn't have bothered to put it.

***Not a very good example. Way too vague.

****Capcom had the most power in the project. It is more of a Capcom game rather than a Nintendo one.

*****And in Majora's Mask, at the end he is on a horse. In Oracles, he begins on a horse. Doesn't mean anything. The last boss is a nightmare composed of bosses or enemies already encountered. There is a Ganon form. Ganon was fought in FSA. There is also a transformed Vaati form. There is also an Agahnim form which could possibly say that LA comes after ALttP (And this is if you want to go by the logic of the dreams of Link being put to the test with all his past nemesis-es whether direct or generational).

I just remembered that OoX can also come after WW because of the Hero's Sword and who you can get it from in OoX. A Zora gives Link the broken sword which he calls the Hero's Sword (but when it is fixed, it is called the Noble Sword). The zora says that it was given to his ancestors ages ago. It is the same sword toon Link had in WW before he got the master sword. Although Ganon can change into Beast form through the triforce, his new staff in FSA makes him Beast form permanently when held. This also means that he was somehow resurrected, undrowned, and unstoned some time before FSA. It also means that TwinRova was resurrected somehow as well. Since Vaati's relationship to Ganon is similar to that of Ghirahim and Demise, chances are that before getting his transformed Vaati power, he resurrected TwinRova in a story yet untold. But there is no proof of that (yet).
My timeline view has changed. Now I see it as:

-----------ADULT TIMELINE > WW > PH > ST > OoX > MC > FS > FSA > ALTTP > LA > LoZ > AoL
SS > OoT--|
-----------CHILD TIMELINE > MM > LCT/TP

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This placement is extraordinarily unlikely; OoX has to follow a sequence where Ganon is dead and Koume and Kotake are alive. Koume and Kotake were defeated and sent to the afterlife by the Hero of Time on the Adult Timeline, so placing it there does not make sense.
As many arguments as you may have for this placement -- which I commend you for, good effort -- it is unfortunately impossible. There really isn't much room for discussion, given the evidence that is stacked against this placement and evidence and developer quotes suggesting a ALttP/OoX/LA placement or even a LoZ/AoL--OoX placement are so substantial that it really doesn't leave much room for discussion. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom