• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoX on the Neutral Timeline?

Neo

The One
Okay so recently I was pondering OoX and Minish Cap when something struck me. Remember how in MC there were three girls in a hotel by the names of Din, Nayru, and Farore? They look kinda like how they were in OoX don't ya think? Most people might simply right that off as a cameo but I tend to believe that Nintendo/Capcom would make things a bit deeper. First of all there were to be three games in OoX each representing a goddess. However the idea of a third with Farore was scrapped. Now this may mean that OoX is between OoT and MC on the neutral timeline (the part before the split). This may possibly mean that in MC Din, Nayru, and Farore are the same as they were in OoX. What do you think?

You see, this would hold some water if Nintendo hadn't confirmed that OoT is the FIRST game in the series.

Why people continue to place TMC in front of it eludes me.

^1998 intent =/= 2009 intent

TMC hadn't been released when Nintendo confirmed that OoT was the first game.

Just like how TWW hadn't been released when OoT was confirmed to be the SW. Intent can change. 11 year old quotes vs possibly new evidence, the new evidence is more important.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
If you mind me asking, what's Occam's Razor?

[lulz 50 characters]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

If two theories are based off the same facts, the one that requires less speculation is generally the better one.

In this case, we have:

Oracle games are released in 2001; feature Din, Nayru, and Farore living in Holodrum and Labrynna.

Minish Cap is released in 2004; features Din, Nayru, and Farore (who are descended from a long line) living in Hyrule, having recently moved to Hyrule from Holodrum and Labrynna.

If this was meant to have any relevance, I believe this means that MC come after OoX, as the Oracles have left their homes and moved to Hyrule.

If this was meant to have any relevanze, Zemen believes it means that MC comes before the Oracles, meaning that they once lived in Holodrum and Labrynna (for long enough time to establish "a long line" of descendants), moved to Hyrule for the Minish Cap, and then moved back to Holodrum and Labrynna for the Oracles.

Occam's Razor suggests that the simpler answer is correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

If two theories are based off the same facts, the one that requires less speculation is generally the better one.

In this case, we have:

Oracle games are released in 2001; feature Din, Nayru, and Farore living in Holodrum and Labrynna.

Minish Cap is released in 2004; features Din, Nayru, and Farore (who are descended from a long line) living in Hyrule, having recently moved to Hyrule from Holodrum and Labrynna.

If this was meant to have any relevance, I believe this means that MC come after OoX, as the Oracles have left their homes and moved to Hyrule.

If this was meant to have any relevanze, Zemen believes it means that MC comes before the Oracles, meaning that they once lived in Holodrum and Labrynna (for long enough time to establish "a long line" of descendants), moved to Hyrule for the Minish Cap, and then moved back to Holodrum and Labrynna for the Oracles.

Occam's Razor suggests that the simpler answer is correct.

So based on that we would get something along the lines of:

OoT/MM--TP--LoZ/AoL--OoX--MC--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA

True?

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Well no because the directors have confirmed a split timeline.

Let's be honest, when it comes down to it, there is no "simple" complete timeline, because of all the different intents by different directors and so on and so forth.

In the case of a possible Capcom game connection, I believe OoX would precede MC. I believe it precedes FS/FSA for other reasons as well, but this isn't the time or place for that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well no because the directors have confirmed a split timeline.

Let's be honest, when it comes down to it, there is no "simple" complete timeline, because of all the different intents by different directors and so on and so forth.

In the case of a possible Capcom game connection, I believe OoX would precede MC. I believe it precedes FS/FSA for other reasons as well, but this isn't the time or place for that.

He wasn't showing a linear timeline, he was just showing the CT part of the timeline based off of what you said. Also, you just said that there is no "simple" timeline so why is the fact that I don't believe in a simple explanation for something so wrong? Non-simple things (the timeline) generally don't have simple evidence (counter argument to my theory of the oracles).

The timeline is complicated, so why can't a complicated theory work?

Also, the oracles don't buy houses. The houses they reside in our rented to them. They don't, in any way, own the houses they live in. Therefor, they could leave at any time and the owner could rent it out to someone else. Please don't question me on this. I literally just got Farore to rent a house while playing MC (for like the fifth time) today. They don't own any houses is the bottom line.

Why have a complicated theory when you can have a simpler one that requires less speculation?
Also, the oracles don't buy houses. The houses they reside in our rented to them. They don't, in any way, own the houses they live in. Therefor, they could leave at any time and the owner could rent it out to someone else. Please don't question me on this. I literally just got Farore to rent a house while playing MC (for like the fifth time) today. They don't own any houses is the bottom line.
They 'could', yes. But isn't it more logical and simple that they move from Holodrum/Labrynna to Hyrule, instead of moving from Holodrum/Labrynna to Hyrule back to Holodrum/Labrynna without anything implying that they had ever previously lived in Hyrule?

Neo

The One
^1998 intent =/= 2009 intent

TMC hadn't been released when Nintendo confirmed that OoT was the first game.

Nintendo's pretty much been sticking to their word.

Just like how TWW hadn't been released when OoT was confirmed to be the SW. Intent can change. 11 year old quotes vs possibly new evidence, the new evidence is more important.
...SW?
Not sure what that means...

Just because Nintendo said it awhile ago doesn't mean it's not true anymore. You're purely speculating that the intent changed, and you can't really make justifications out of that.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
He wasn't showing a linear timeline, he was just showing the CT part of the timeline based off of what you said. Also, you just said that there is no "simple" timeline so why is the fact that I don't believe in a simple explanation for something so wrong? Non-simple things (the timeline) generally don't have simple evidence (counter argument to my theory of the oracles).

Because there is no simple explanation for the timeline. There is a simple explanation for the Oracle's presence in MC.

Occam's Razor says that if there's two theories based on the same facts, the simpler one is correct. In the case of the entire timeline, there is no simple explanation, so Occam's Razor doesn't apply. It can apply to individual theoriers, but not the complexity of the entire timeline.

Buy/rent is irrelevant.
The point is, it's simpler to assume that they left Holodrum/Labrynna and moved to Hyrule. Not that they left Holodrum/Labrynna, moved to Hyrule, and moved back.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
OoX can't go before OoT because Ganon is in OoX and Ganon/dorf wasn't introduced until OoT. Any game that has Ganon/dorf in it or any mentioning of Ganon/dorf in it CANNOT go before OoT.

yep it's true.

if ganon/dorf was introduced before oot took place then oot wouldn't have had that long introduction for him.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
A Link to the Past had an origin story for Ganon.
FSA had an origin story for Ganon.

Origin-esque stories don't necessarily force that game to be the first of its kind.

Just because Nintendo said it awhile ago doesn't mean it's not true anymore. You're purely speculating that the intent changed, and you can't really make justifications out of that.
Of course it isn't invalid because it's old. But 11 year old intent just doesn't hold up when compared to (possible) 4 year old intent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom