• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoX and LA

She never said that he appeared BECAUSE peace crumbled in Hyrule. The whole point is that none of the battles, monsters, danger happened in Hyrule. It was all in completely different countries than Hyrule. SoJ's main argument deals with Hyrule which this game has no connection to.

Right, I agree there. But the point of the quote was that Zelda says that the Triforce on his hand is supposed to mean peace has crumbled in Hyrule. What I think is that this could just be a legend. The Triforce symbol has obviously been on the hand of about every Link of every Zelda game, where most of those games took place in Hyrule where peace was shaken. So this tale is probably a legend that she is referring to. It doesn't have to mean he is there because peace has crumbled in Hyrule, like you said Zemen, but only that that's what it meant in the past.

@SoJ:

There's more evidence against ALttP--OoX--LA than for it.

If you look at the status of the Triforce (which is something I like to do alot :D), at the end of ALttP the Triforce is in the Sarced Realm...How did it get to Hyrule Castle in OoX? If anything counts for anything, the timeline makes more sense if it were to go: OoX--ALttP--LA

But of course that's just me. It's a very hard game to place in the timeline because nothing about it's placement was revealed, sort of like FS/FSA, but those two games aren't relevant here, so I won't say anything about them. Every other game besides those four have had they're placement pretty much explained as best as it could be.

I'm generally impartial though. I can roll with ALttP/LA--OoX, or OoX--ALttP/LA, but I lean more toward the second.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
@SoJ:

There's more evidence against ALttP--OoX--LA than for it.

If you look at the status of the Triforce (which is something I like to do alot :D), at the end of ALttP the Triforce is in the Sarced Realm...How did it get to Hyrule Castle in OoX? If anything counts for anything, the timeline makes more sense if it were to go: OoX--ALttP--LA

But of course that's just me. It's a very hard game to place in the timeline because nothing about it's placement was revealed, sort of like FS/FSA, but those two games aren't relevant here, so I won't say anything about them. Every other game besides those four have had they're placement pretty much explained as best as it could be.

I'm generally impartial though. I can roll with ALttP/LA--OoX, or OoX--ALttP/LA, but I lean more toward the second.

Why, in God's name, do you put OoX before ALTTP? What's your evidence for that?

Why, in God's name, do you put OoX before ALTTP? What's your evidence for that?

It's pretty weak, but if you think about it a little it makes sense. To explain it though I have to bring up AoL. (I'm one of those people that accept the Miyamoto Timeline as truth) In AoL, the Triforce is together at Hyrule Castle. Same in the Beginning of OoX. Plus there's another attempt to resurrect Ganon (the only other time (besides ALttP) he's actually died was in LoZ). Plus, ALttP makes a great ending to the CT. The Master Sword is done, Ganon's dead, and Link ventures off. A near perfect ending to the series if I do say so myself.

But like I said before, I'm really impartial. It's just something that makes sense.

In reality, the only thing I don't get about the ALttP/LA--OoX timeline is how the Triforce gets from the Sacred Realm in ALttP to Hyrule Castle in OoX. Can you explain that to me?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In reality, the only thing I don't get about the ALttP/LA--OoX timeline is how the Triforce gets from the Sacred Realm in ALttP to Hyrule Castle in OoX. Can you explain that to me?

I can't give you a good explanation and you can't give me a good explanation why OoX should go before ALTTP other than the Triforce. There is much more evidence to put it after ALTTP but you are only looking at the Triforce. This is in no way supposed to offend you, but looking at one piece of evidence (the Triforce) to make your entire timeline is the worst idea ever. You can't use one piece of evidence, especially something as mysterious as the Triforce.

Here's a good answer to "how it moves"

The Triforce has the following powers.

-It grants wishes.
-It gives strange powers to whoever holds the individual pieces (other than Link, so far).
-It can, and has, actually talked before.
-It has been shown teleporting Link to other locations (OoX).

With all of that in mind, do you really think it's crazy that it might be able to move on its own or make itself teleport somewhere? I can tell you right now that it makes no sense that someone else moved it, because if they touched it it would have either broken apart or granted a wish and then broken apart. It really only makes sense that it moved on its own somehow.

I can't give you a good explanation and you can't give me a good explanation why OoX should go before ALTTP other than the Triforce. There is much more evidence to put it after ALTTP but you are only looking at the Triforce. This is in no way supposed to offend you, but looking at one piece of evidence (the Triforce) to make your entire timeline is the worst idea ever. You can't use one piece of evidence, especially something as mysterious as the Triforce.

Here's a good answer to "how it moves"

The Triforce has the following powers.

-It grants wishes.
-It gives strange powers to whoever holds the individual pieces (other than Link, so far).
-It can, and has, actually talked before.
-It has been shown teleporting Link to other locations (OoX).

With all of that in mind, do you really think it's crazy that it might be able to move on its own or make itself teleport somewhere? I can tell you right now that it makes no sense that someone else moved it, because if they touched it it would have either broken apart or granted a wish and then broken apart. It really only makes sense that it moved on its own somehow.

Okay, yeah, that makes sense. ALttP/LA--OoX.

So, I don't have anything else to debate then. Other than the Plothole of the Triforce, this seems pretty solid.

And that's NOT supposed to be sarcastic, by the way.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Okay, yeah, that makes sense. ALttP/LA--OoX.

So, I don't have anything else to debate then. Other than the Plothole of the Triforce, this seems pretty solid.

And that's NOT supposed to be sarcastic, by the way.

What Triforce Plot Hole?
At the end of ALttP, it was complete, at the Beggining of OoX, it's still complete.
Any doubts?
Even though I think that OoX make more sense after AoL

What Triforce Plot Hole?
At the end of ALttP, it was complete, at the Beggining of OoX, it's still complete.
Any doubts?

How the Triforce got from the Sacred Realm in ALttP to Hyrule Castle in OoX...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
What Triforce Plot Hole?
Any doubts?

Exactly my thoughts as well. You should check out my timeline thread I recently posted (unless you already have. I don't remember).

How the Triforce got from the Sacred Realm in ALttP to Hyrule Castle in OoX...

As I stated before, the Triforce is capable of a lot of things so the fact that it changes its resting location isn't really a big deal. I'm surprised its movement shocks more than the fact that it has actually talked to Link before...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I always had this theory that OoX was directly after MM. We see at the end of MM that Link rides away on his horse Epona, and the very beginning of OoX he is seen riding Epona to the temple of light where the triforce resides. Actually i'm not sure if that is the temple of light spoken of in OoT by the sage of light but that is where the triforce is said to be.
Anyway i figured that OoX was the hero of times GBC title although the official artwork would seem to imply that it's a different Link. Although who other than OoT Link would just happen accross the triforce. His journeys through Hyrule and Termina wear he gathers the power of the sages and becomes the fierce diety have earned him the right to enter the sacred realm however the triforce then sent him to other lands.
Why? maybe because there are places that link must save now that he is a true hero. The point is OoX was released right after after MM and the two plots just seemed to tie into each other at the time.
Lastly if anyone sees holes in this theory please let me know on ma profile.
:triforce:

I always had this theory that OoX was directly after MM. We see at the end of MM that Link rides away on his horse Epona, and the very beginning of OoX he is seen riding Epona to the temple of light where the triforce resides. Actually i'm not sure if that is the temple of light spoken of in OoT by the sage of light but that is where the triforce is said to be.

That's what I figured when the game first came out. But there are a lot of holes in this theory. For example:

* In OoX, Zelda has to introduce herself to Link. Had it been the same Link from OoT/MM, she wouldn't have had to do this.

* Also, about the Triforce in the Temple of Light... That's not necessarily where the Triforce has to reside. I don't ever beleive it was stated to have been there. The Temple of Light is in the Sacred Realm, the original home of the Triforce. But the Triforce in OoX is in Hyrule Castle at the beginning. You learn this by reading the manual, where it says the Triforce was calling out to Link, so he followed this calling and came upon it.

* Ganon is dead in OoX. He never died at the end of OoT. In fact, he wasn't even sealed away on the CT, which is where MM takes place. The next thing that happened to Ganondorf after the CT of OoT was his sentencing, which you can see in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom