• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-Wii Virtual Console or N64?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I played both on the Gamecube actually. I heard that the OoT on the Gamecube was the best looking (for the original, not talking about the remake). Majora's Mask however I do not no, currently i'm playing the Gamecube version and I enjoy it although if you don't take it slow then it will freeze often. I would say Virtual Console if you do not own a N64 or N64 if you own a N64.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Fact: In the Virtual Console versions of these games you can not get rumble feature which is a huge problem when using the Stone of Agony to find Hidden Grottos! The originals are superior in everyway!

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Fact: In the Virtual Console versions of these games you can not get rumble feature which is a huge problem when using the Stone of Agony to find Hidden Grottos! The originals are superior in everyway!
OH you bring up a great point!
Yeah, It's not necessary, but It's very nice to have.

I remember, I found a hidden hole with a cow in it the first time I popped my rumble pack in and booted up Majora's Mask! ^^
I never knew it was there before :O

it also helped me discover the bombable hole in Ikana Graveyard that contains a chest with Bombchus.... though Bombchus are not even necessary.
You get them in the moon, and that's the only time you really need them, so it's all good.

I would say get the original and play it the way it was supposed to be played. Plus the C buttons are easier for the ocarina than the C stick which can tend to roll and mess you up if you are not paying attention.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Get the GameCube disc with Master Quest, unless you want the uncensored version (original Fire Temple music, old Gerudo symbol and Ganon's red blood). In this case, get N64 version 1.0 or 1.1.

For Majora's Mask, do not get the Collector's Edition disc, because this is the most unstable version (get N64 or VC version instead). Ocarina of Time is also present on this disc (as well as Zelda 1 and 2), but without Master Quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom