• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Vs OoT3D

I do think it's a bit unfair to say that the 3DS version is better hands down because of all the things it included that the N64 couldn't do e.g. Gyro controls. So in a sense I'm pretty neutral about them. Despite that, the 3DS is slightly better since it's alot more efficient then the N64 version.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I like Ocarina of Time 3D more. The 3D is actually a reason to like it, because it was a pretty cool experience to play a Zelda game in 3D. The touchscreen made doing things much easier, and it offered more item slots and a specific slot for the Fairy Ocarina/Ocarina of Time. The gyroscopic control were pretty cool too; I would use this feature while using the Slingshot and Bow a lot. The graphics are a bit better and a bit more smooth, which is good. Then there are the boss battles and boss gauntlet features which are pretty sweet, but I still wish Ganondorf and Ganon were there. The only downside are the hand cramps when playing too long :/

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
3D is much better. With all the add-on features such as refighting the bosses and the Sheikah Stones, I like it much better. Plus, it has waaay better graphics.

Kirino

Tatakae
Definitely 3D. It's vastly superior in just about every way. First of all, the graphics. The graphics aren't blocky like the original, and the 3D effects truly to enhance the game. It's also on a portable system, so it can be taked wherever you want. However, both of those things pale in comparion to the two new modes: Master Quest and Boss Rush. Master Quest was a whole new mode, with a reversed map, added difficulty, and changed dungeons, while boss rush was just plain fun and could be a game of it's own. The only reasons I see that someone could like the original N64 version more is because of nostalgia or because they just like playing things on consoles.

I have played the classic 64 version many times, but never beat it. Christmas 2011 we bought the special Cosmo Black Zelda 3DS with Oot 3D, I was the first to play it. I beat it after a month (taking my time to enjoy the new awesomeness), making it my first time ever.

I'd say that I enjoy Oot:3D better because the controls allowed me to play it easier since I have Hemiplegia/Hemiparesis on my left side, therefore limited movement on that side.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Controls are the only thing debatable I think since it boild down to personal preference; I liked the 64 controller better than the 3DS so I like playing on the 64 more on the flipside we can play 3DS wherever we want.

Ocarina of Time 3DS, only because of its portability. I nerdgasmed when I realized I was playing Ocarina of Time in my car on the way to my grandparents house.

the 3ds version is better because it has better graphics and you can fight the bosses again and again.It could not be worse because it is the same game with some improvements after 14 years. Only if you dont like 3ds you can say that it is worse or if you dont like that in master quest all the things have changed from the right to the left

M

monica

I know this has nothing to do with thr topic of this forum but i need help to do something in the game (in 3ds ) i am already "grown up " and i need a horse (epona) but i didnt learn eponas song when i was little what can i do ?help me please

OoT 3D was superior (rightfully so, it was a remake). The only thing I did not like about it compared to the original was the way Link ran and how it changed. It looked kind of awkward in a way. More natural on N64 to me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Eh it might have been better if it weren't a hand held...having to always hold the stylus is an annoyance.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I kind of prefer Ocarina of Time 3D. Sure, the original looked great and played great for its time and was very revolutionary, but the 3DS version of the game is just... better, in my opinion.

The 3DS version looks nicer (mainly referring to the graphics) and the character models are improved. The one thing about the graphics I love most is the sky, though. The sky, no matter what time of day it is, is exceptionally beautiful. I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things, but I just really love the views of the sky in the 3DS version.

The controls are much smoother in the 3DS version, too. The touch screen menus for the items and equipment was very efficient, and changing the Iron Boots and Hover Boots into equippable items almost entirely removed tedium. Not to mention the Ocarina getting its own button, and a fourth slot for items being added, really made the item system much smoother and practical. The gyroscope controls were very nice too, particularly when it comes to aiming with the Bow or Slingshot. It feels very natural to aim with the gyroscope, and it's also very easy to use.

One thing I'm a bit unhappy about with the 3DS version, though, is that it was dumbed down a bit compared to the original, in regards to hints and clues. Specifically, when confronting Mido on your way to the Forest Temple, he says that "if you really were Saria's friend, you'd have some kind of proof" or something along those lines, hinting for you to play Saria's Song for him. If I recall correctly, Mido never said that in the original. Hints like that were added, and while it isn't anything major, it still bugged me a bit.

All in all, I think the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time was a major improvement over the original. Of course, this doesn't make the original any less amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom