• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Vs OoT3D

T

Triforce_Hero

Which do you like more? The classic n64 OoT or the new OoT on the 3DS? Why? (and don't say: "cuz of the 3d")

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I like the 3DS version better. You can take it with you and you're not stuck in one room with it. Plus, it has Master quest.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
OoT3D is the better version, in my opinion, for several reasons:

The 3D

Sorry, but it is true :lol:
The 3D effect in OoT3D is stunning (the best example of it on the system in my opinion) and it really adds a good amount of visual flair to the game. On top of that is the general graphical upgrade. The whole game looks so smooth and polished and is simply gorgeous, especially interiors like the houses in Kakariko Village (incidentally, these are the locations where the 3D effect makes a stunning difference). Just wandering through the Lost Woods, with the fireflies floating around, is magnificent in 3D.

Touch Screen

Having your map constantly on display helped more than I thought it would. No more going into a menu to look up which way to go, all I need to do now is glance down and I'm done. Using the touch screen to manage your inventory and gear is also much quickr and more intuitive than on the N64, meaning you spend much less time in menus and more time in the game itself. Putting the Ocarina on its own button and giving us 4 equipped item slots instead of three was also a big improvement.

OoT3D was just better in every way to the N64 original, in my opinion. I have never enjoyed the game more and will find it difficult to play it on another system ever again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT for the N64, while truly inferior to the 3D remake, has a slew of glitches and many tricks only possible in that version (specifically the 1.0 version; 1.1 and onwards have had bug/glitch fixes all over the place). I'd much rather be able to pull off the amazing megaflip and superslide, ISG and other glitches than live and breathe some breathtaking visuals and portability.

But that's just me; I like things for "weird" reasons anyway. ;)

Cuz the 3D...

Nah, i actually thought i'd hate OoT3D and before its release i was pretty much agains tthe idea that they had decided to give it a facelift and re-release it, i thought i'd have some sort of elitist notion that OoT should be played on a home console (preferably the N64) and would always need to be played the way it was intended on the console it was made for...

then i played OoT3D and wow... the love that went into the facelift is just stunning, i often make it night in Hyrule field, hit first person mode, turn the 3D right up and look at the night sky, even that is so amazing to behold, its just so beautiful and already i feel lucky to have played the game. Now, im not a fan of the 3D gimmick in games or movies, i think its money stealing crap, the 3DS is a good piece of kit and i rarely use the 3D on any of the games i have for it over and above the curiosity of what it looks like if i do. but OoT is a little different, ive wanted to experience the whole game in the non3D gimmick way and then again with the 3D, as is the magic of OoT which has still been retained in the 3DS version everything screams at me and its wonderful to behold.

the touch controls for easier item switching and the ability to have nearly everything useful equipped with the new touch only buttons in the corners of the HUD really made for a less jarring experience particularly in the Water Temple and Shadow temples. everything feels a lot more fluid in the 3DS version and just making Link walk around feels so smooth and heavenly that it just does things to me which no game, as far as walking a character is concerned, has ever done and i hope future titles build off of this gameplay engine on the 3DS as the home consoles have done. If Zelda 3DS looks and feels this good im going to be able to forgive a lot of shortcomings, seriously, i hate SS and putting SS on the 3DS with the OoT engine would seriously make me feel better playing it.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
OoT3D by far is greater... The Flaws are fixed and the bottom screen menu adds a nice "touch" (LOL inside) I loved the improved graphics and the inclusion of Master Quest. Along with the Gauntlet allowing you to battle bosses again, which should have been in all Zelda games.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I fell in love with OoT back in the N64 days, but as much as I love the original version, the 3DS one really is an improved version of the game. Aside from the graphics update and the addition of optional 3D, Link moves more smoothly (no choppy stop at the end of each roll), the gyroscope is just awesome (well, when you're not trying to play the game while sitting on a moving vehicle that is, lol), the touch screen with additional item buttons makes gameplay smoother (as you don't need to pause and change items as often as you have to in the original game) and that they made the iron and hover boots into items rather than clothing, allowing you to equip them without pausing your screen all the time definitely makes me love this version more. And then there's the portability, the fact that you can play the game anywhere you want. And the master quest and master quest gauntlet are great additions.

The sheikah stone was an unnecessary addition, but anyone who doesn't want to use them don't need to, so it doesn't really bother me.

I loved the N64 version of Ocarina of Time but the 3DS remake is the best remastering the franchise has seen topping even the GBA port of A Link to the Past.

Contrary to most peoples' opinions, I didn't enjoy the 3D mainly because my eyes hurt after having it on for too long. I'm unsure why...

I agree with previous posters regarding the touch controls. Locating an item to equip on the lower screen was quick and intuitive. This especially helped during the more tedious parts of the adventure such as traversing the Water Temple.

My personal favorite feature, however, is the boss rush/boss gauntlet mode. I loved the refighting bosses in the Take 'Em All On Challenge in Spirit Tracks and to be able to do so unfiltered in Ocarina of Time 3D was extremely satisfying. A marathon run through them all is still unbearable for me though as I struggle with Morpha as I always have. My only gripe with this addition is the lack of online leaderboards to compete with players around the globe for the best time.

Scoby

France
the only good thing with n64 is that you get a bigger screen to play on but everuthing else on 3D is superior :)

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
I have OoT3D and I LOVE being able to play it on the go. But I used to have OoT for the N64, and honestly I have to say the original is better to me. The graphic updates to OoT3D are amazing, and the Boss Gauntlet is an awesome feature too, but I feel so much nostalgia playing the original. Once I get my Wii this Christmas I'm definitely going to download the original off Virtual Console.

3D. Primarily for the enhanced quality of its appearance, but also the feeling of new. The decreased controller difficulty is also a huge factor.

MW7

I'd go with OOT 3d as well. I just love the touch screen, and I ended up using the gyroscope way more than I ever thought I would. I actually never use the 3d effect though. There is plenty I wish OOT 3d had done differently- new content, letting us skip 14 year old cutscenes, and not removing little glitches that don't hurt anything at all like being able to backwalk across the river of sand in the Haunted Wasteland or being able to jump to the upper water switch in the Water Temple. However, for the most part they just repackaged the same game which I didn't have a lot to complain about in the first place, and being able to play it on the go is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom