• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Vs MM

OoT or MM

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I've played both OoT and MM but which is better? I personally like Majora as the final boss better. But I liked the adult link better than kid link. Which is better for you?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I like MM much better than OoT because MM had more SQ's with good rewards also and overall I found ti more challenging than OoT plus I loved being able to transform in the various races.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have to say OoT. MM had some awesome side quests and good character depth, but I liked the story and the dungeons of OoT better. Also, MM was too short for my taste. OoT was a good length. Overall, I felt OoT was better. But that's not to say that MM was much worse of course. The two are pretty close in comparison, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oooh, hard to say. I have OoT as my favorite but MM was not far behind at all. Both are amazing games for different reasons and both were very innovative for their time. MM still remains undoubtably the most unique of the Zelda series to date imo, I pick OoT but really I could argue for both.

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
For Me I choose Majora's Mask......Why?

I love it because it was my first Zelda game. Not only for that reason but i love the dungeons They have unique puzzles and are fun to go through. I love how you have the option to fight the boss As manytimes as you want after you beat them & They are Very Unique Like
Goht I love how you chase him down and just keep rolling into him he's very unique & Majora was fun Hw many times in your life do you fight a mask that transforms into a Beast?
I loved Playing in the Overworld as well I love the Anju & Kafei Side Quest it just makes me feel so happy when i complete it and the 3 day cycle for the game is Very Unique And
I love the Plot twist At the end when it turns out that Majora was using the Skull kid as a puppet.
To conclude Majora's Mask is a Very Unique game to play.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I have to say Ocarina of Time. I loved both, but I prefer more moderately difficult dungeons to a few extremely hard ones. Great Bay Temple was awesome but also completely hacked me off. Ocarina of Time for me!

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I'd have to say that it's a tie for me, only for the fact that OoT presented more of a challenge in the Temple department, but was lacking in the sidequests and such. MM was very in depth with the sidequests, but the Temples were a joke to me. But overall, if the two were to be combined in some insane, illogical yet funtional way, I believe that game would become one of the greatest Zelda titles ever.

hmmmm...that is a little hard to choose,i never got to finish either because of the gamecube incedent a long long time a go.

But the game i always played the most was OoT out of the both. Where should i start? MM was always pretty hard(maybe its because i was 5 and i didn't understand the whole consept of the game yet.) I still have to say that i loved that game but when i played OoT i always felt in a better mood than when i played MM. Its hard to have chosen. It really was. but OoT was a classic Zelda game.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i love MM. it has more "feeling" in it. and has some good music.
and the masks, and the transforming masks....also awesome.

Gotta pick Majora's Mask.

Don't get me wrong, Ocarina of Time is a great game, but I always felt that Majora's Mask polished and improved on just about everything from it. The main exception to this I'll admit right from the start here: Ocarina of the Time is the more accessible and broadly appealing of the two. It's well rounded in just about every way. It's got pretty much perfect difficulty as far as appealing to inexperienced and hardcore gamers alike is concerned. It's got a good balance of concepts and themes to give the story and atmosphere a broad appeal. And it's a got a good length and good gameplay variety. In this, more people will be able to enjoy it than Majora's Mask.

However, things that have always bugged me about OoT is how fake the world feels. The field areas are really blocky and unrealistic in just about every way. Some of this is due to the graphical limitations (ones that MM didn't have because it took advantage of the Expansion Pack), but not all of it. There's plenty of examples of this happening in a way that wasn't necessary and just made the world feel forced. This happened somewhat with MM as well, but overall MM handled this far better. I personally prefer the harder difficulty of Majora's Mask. I also prefer the surreal themes and darker concepts. Then of course there's the amazing sidequest focus, which gave it great character development and one of the best stories in the series, if not THE best. It could have used more length, but when you delve into the depth of the storytelling with the sidequests, the game wasn't really as short as it seemed.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I like Majora's Mask a lot more than Ocarina. I like the Majora's Mask soundtrack a lot more than Ocarina of Time's, to be frank.

Also, I really liked the way they used the Time Cycle in Majora's Mask. Sure, I didn't like how sometimes I'd have to wait around doing practically nothing (mostly for the Bomb Mask sidequest and waiting for, say, the Stock Pot Inn or the Milk Bar to open). If they had a song that warped you to an EXACT point in the future during the Day/Night, then I'd have literally no complaints with it. The Mask system was nice, although I think that they should've either made the Masks have more "universal" (IE give, say, the Giant's Mask a use other than just one boss fight in the whole game) and cut down on the number, or tweak it a little bit to make more sidequests require them.

And, well, Ocarina of Time's "gimmick", the whole past/future sort of thing was used like, twice and never touched again, which detracts some points there.

The atmosphere in Majora's Mask was a very good atmosphere in my opinion, it was really surreal and awesome. It gives off a bit of a sad atmosphere as you see the NPC's of the game try to come to terms with the fact that they're all gonna die, but whenever Link graces an area with his presence or helps an NPC in a sidequest, it feels like there's hope, yannow? But with Ocarina of Time I can't even feel the atmosphere.

So yeah, overall I'd have to say I'm a bigger MM fan than I am an OoT fan.

Majora's Mask gets my vote. I like how it's different then other Zelda games. It has a more mysterious feeling to it, and that really appeals to me.

T

tristman99

ocarina of time

it was easier and more enjoyable and no BEN :)!but majoras mask did seem more odd and a ...different story line from most zelda games.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Hmm... this question makes me ponder. I would say OoT is definitely the better Zelda game. However, I'm a much bigger fan of Majora's Mask which is not only my favorite Zelda game, but my favorite game period. Not sure which is the better game overall.

I prefer Majora's Mask for multiple reasons. One, and probably the main reason, is that it was my first Zelda game. Because of that, I felt more comfortable with how it worked than what I played after it. The sidequests of the game completely made it for me. You were a part of these people's lives and whether you did or didn't do something made me feel incredibly important. Also, I felt that MM had a more deeper meaning to it than OoT, but that's probably because most adventure games play off OoT, so I felt I had seen it before. Plus, kid Link is my favorite Link and in MM he is the star of the game.

Yeah, OoT definitely has its quirks, but I can't help but like MM more. Perhaps if I had played OoT first, it would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom