• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT Retexture Project

Has anyone tried it? I've downloaded it, and it is beautiful...for the most part. Whilst some areas look fantastic, like Kokiri Forest, others still remain in their low-resolution forms, such as Gerudo Valley (which I would really like to see retextured). It's also rather jarring to look at the sky, because the top part and a section of one of the sides are a blur. I hope they finish it soon!

I also wonder if it's possible to replace the music in the game as well, and if it would be a good idea. Of course, it would be harder than retexturing, as you would have to take into account loops, but if it could be done, it would make this revamp even better. MP3 arrangements of OoT's amazing tracks would be perfect.

Yeah I've got it. I seldom use it though. It was more of a first time, check out sorta deal for me. I may actually go back and explore some more areas to see what else they changed. But yeah, the Kokiri Forest looks boss.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I for one have never even heard of this o_O Could anyone send me a link of where to download this? Because it sounds pretty cool. It would be greatly appreciated lol.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I've applied this to my game as well. I must say, it looks pretty good. I didn't really explore it much though. I guess I don't care enough to go and look at everything.

I went back and defeated Ganon's Castle and Ganon and couldn't tell too much of a difference in the textures there. The flames in the rooms with the big orange balls you have to shoot at the end of each Medallion Room were redone. The beams of power supplying the forcefield around the entrance to the staircase also looked better I believe. But the only things other than this was Ganondorf's eyes. I may be mistaken, but I believe in the original version, his eyes were always just normal looking. When playing the re-textured one, they had red pupils with green irises.

But these were about the only things that stood out to me. I believe the project is far from done. They could do a lot more to make it better if they wanted to. If they made every area in the game more like the Kokiri Forest, I would be inclined to go back and beat it all over again.

Yeah. Actually I heard that the project was abandoned a while ago. :P I'm behind the times. I hope someone picks it up again! Still, what is done looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom