• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Observation

M

Macklem

Whenever Link pulls the Master Sword in the Temple of Light he is transported to some other area, whether it is a place or a realm doesn't matter, and he ages 7 years. Keep this in mind. Whenever you are Adult link you cannot use some items that you were able to use as a kid; my explaination for this when I was 7 playing through the game the first time was "Oh! Hes a big kid now and doesn't want to play with the toys he had as a kid." Toys like sticks, boomerangs and the slingshot. HOWEVER as an adult (I don't consider myself one but the law does, so for the sake of reference) I had a momment of clarity and confusion.

Deku sticks, the Deku shield, the boomerang, and the slingshot all have something in common. This being that the material used to give them structure is wood and over time, if exposed to differing levels of moisture, decays. The Deku nuts could be stored in a way to keep them from decomposing because nuts have a very long shelf life and are kept in a container. He brings knowledge and heart containers back which fits into the placebo theory about Link's abilities and gear (Game Theory made a good video on this) But he doesn't bring back items, except a bottle given to him by a ghost after reaping a wondering soul, from this it is safe to assume that the bottle is most likely infused with the power of Satan and can probably do a lot more than simple time travel.

Slowly we are unraveling where Link goes in this 7 year gap right? No!

If wherever Link goes is affected by time then what is up with the cows?

Link ages into adulthood.
His equipment ages, decays, and breaks.
But that LonLon Milk? Fresh as the day you caught it squirting out of the cow you wooed into ecstasy.

Some bugs can survive 7 years and through the power of Satan you are able to bring bottled items back but what exactly is stopping your refreshing beverage from turning into disease ridden, moldy-*** yogurt?

If we believe that the wooden material rots overtime in the 7 year gap, I wonder what's keeping other materials from rotting as well. If Link was preserved from starving to death for 7 years and is perfectly fit when he's wakes, why would wood, a substance made from life itself, rot instead of being preserved? I believe it's a matter of gaming logic in the same vein as the question of "where does Link puts all of his stuff if I don't see it" and the fact that Deku sticks, Deku Shield, and the Boomerang have no real use for adult Link since they're too small to be effective tools for him.

M

Macklem

Well his tunic is still the Kokiri Tunic and it is clearly modified, so he was probably sent someplace like inside the moon in Majora's Mask or King Kai's planet. A place where there are resources to make Fabric and burlap, but in the end completely separate and possibly desolate.

When Link is transported to the Sage's area his first reaction is shock and this could be shock from being teleported for the first time in 7 years, but that's a stretch.

Trivia: Did you know, That the Earth is the best planet in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom