• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT mod: Project 3rd Quest (demo to be released soon!)

gcY01NU.png

Click here to watch the first trailer!

Info:
Project 3rd Quest is an ongoing WIP OoT mod. Its goal is to modify and add lots of content (such as a new storyline, an entirely new overworld, new dungeons, new characters and even new items!) to the engine of Ocarina of Time. More trailers and even more screenshots are planned to be released soon, so stay tuned!

v1gXcKd.png

lEEyGKd.png

FDz3r4M.png
  • CDi-Fails
  • Ideka
  • MelonSpeedruns
  • SanguinettiMods
  • Spire

Zorth

#Scoundrel
looks amazing, really looking forward to seeing the final version. Although boss mechanics were exactly the same as in OoT I saw, it was basically a skin change. Do you have any plans on writing new code for an entirely new boss/enemy fight? :D

I'm guessing an emulation program on a decent computer would be required + the original game?

Thanks a lot for the support everyone! As of now, it is not yet confirmed that we will write any custom actors (such as enemies or bosses). What we most likely will do however is to modify existing ones. But these things take time, and this mod is primarily focusing on a graphical update from OoT, rather than a functional.

Also, a new teaser trailer for the upcoming demo patch has been released! Click here to watch it!

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Thanks a lot for the support everyone! As of now, it is not yet confirmed that we will write any custom actors (such as enemies or bosses). What we most likely will do however is to modify existing ones. But these things take time, and this mod is primarily focusing on a graphical update from OoT, rather than a functional.

Also, a new teaser trailer for the upcoming demo patch has been released! Click here to watch it!

If you're going for a graphical update you may be better off making a texture pack. Plenty have been made in the past, and instead of patching the rom you'd run the emulator using a plugin that supports custom texturing. You also need this plugin to dump the original textures.

Unfortunately, you can't really do much with the 3d models, so the graphics will be limited, no matter how high quality the textures.

@Isaac: Sorry, I formulated myself poorly. Making a mere texture pack is the last thing we want to do. What I meant is that we're focusing on importing new maps, characters and the like while also having an original story. This mod will not have much of a connection to OoT rather than being built on its engine; it will not be the same old game with just a few updated models and textures. We probably won't have many custom enemies in a while, since literally no one ever has had known success with that subject, and those who were close to have pretty much left the modding scene forever.

starkium

Master Swordsman
Have you considered using a different engine? There's a lot of free and more powerful alternatives.

Regardless of art style I'd play any 3d zelda

The release date for a demo patch (patch 0.5) has been announced, watch the new trailer here! And thanks for the support everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom