• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT, MM, and WW Remade for Wii?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
if they wasted their time remaking it with Wii controls, then no one would buy it and they'd look like they're trying to make a quick buck.

I would buy it. I never frown upon the idea of a company making a quick buck if it's worth paying that buck to play a quality final product. Wind Waker with Wii controls would qualify for me. Add in all the moves TP used, and then make a Wii Remote controlled baton to conduct the various themes and I'd be in. Throw in widescreen as an added bonus since the game already runs in 480p and it's an instant sell for me.

The New Play Control line seems to be doing well. It's a great way to get new people into older GC games that started with Wii as a system. And I don't mean casual players either. I have a number of friends who haven't owned a video game console since the NES, and they have got back into it with Wii.

Nintendo just needs to up their line plan with more titles in the New Play Control series.. They really need to bring the two Metroid Prime titles to North America first, but I think a second wave of titles would welcome Wind Waker with open arms. I would love to hear more titles added ad E3.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
No, those games have been released way too many times. N64, Collector's Edition, Master Quest, virtual console. The only one I would want remade is Wind Waker because it would be nice as a Wii NPC with an easier time aiming. (I'm terrible at aiming the bow and arrow with the analog.) Link's Awakening, however, could be remade. There have been rumors about it.

I actually think that it would be a cool idea if they would remake it. It would be a nice blast from the past.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I'd totally go for an OOT remake.

If you isn't your first time, and you aren't wearing Nostalgia glasses, OOT is a very hard game to bring yourself to play through again.

I'd love a non Twilight Princess updated style OOT.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Well, with WW, I don't think so. It was good the way it was, but I think it could still be fun. But then again, you can already play it on the Wii with the GC disc.

However, OoT and MM (mainly OoT) have been done too many times. They don't need to be done again. As much as I like the games, people just need to let them be. 3 or 4 versions of a game is more than enough.

Z

zelda1947

I agree with Legendary Chaos, why do we need to remake everthing, play the classic's, thats why they are classic. I want to see new zelda games, and I underline NEW. I play all the others all the time.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I think that making Mm and Oot for the Wii would be a bad choice for nintendo they already have them for the virtual console shop (which I have downloaded) and just remaking them for another station might get a negative response from fans.:thinking:

Zarom

The King
They could remake those games for the Wii, but I really don't see the point. It is pretty useless and overall, a bad idea.
Who will really buy OOT, MM or WW if they already have the original games? Only those who don't own them will purchase these remakes.

Plus, they already are on the VC. So, it would be stupid to remake them in my opinion. Nintendo should rather put their efforts on new Zelda games, rather than old ones we already have and played so many times.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
^ Zarom said it all. ^

No. They really don't need to remade.
Although Wind Waker with wii controls could work and would be kind-of-cool... just no. It seems kind of a pointless thing to do (to me). Just leave them as they are and carry on working on new ones. Although sadly I'd probably still buy the remakes xDDD

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I wish they would. Especially Majora's Mask. I wouldn't even mind if they cel-shaded it. Its my favorite Zelda game of all time and I would love nothing more than to play a revamped version on the Wii with motion-sensitive controls. Think about it, for playing the Ocarina, you could press buttons on the remote sideways as if you're actually playing one. And as for the Wind Waker, one could actually conduct with the remote. It all sounds amazing and I wish it would happen, but sadly, it won't.

I would personally buy it but for the minute I would prefer that they concentrated on making other games that already accessible through the Wii via the Shopping Channel...

If they did just make it to get the quick buck then I would still buy it because OoT and MM are some of the greatest games of all time and I've yet to play WW (and I don't want to go to the hassle of buying it for the Gamecube then having to find a decent controller for it.

I don't really see the point in the controlls being changed for it, it would make a change but I would prefer that they just made it for the Wii with another version alongside each game which is harder (like the MAster Quest for OoT).

S

Shade

I'd sooner rather see the gameboy and DS games for the Wii since I don't own a gameboy or a DS, also, it would be kind of cool if they were remade to be 3d like OoT or MM or TP. The thing is, you can already play OoT, MM and WW on your Wii, so it would be kind of redundant to re-make the same story, only so you can use the Wii game mechanics.

Re-making the GB and DS games however, and making them have either the gamecube or Wii mechanics (in 3d of course) would be kinda neat since I never got to play those games.

I don't believe that Nintendo should remake these games for Wii. I would much rather see them put more effort into new material. Nintendo needs to create new games instead of capitalizing on the success they had in the past. Wii sales are lagging, and I think it is because the people who wanted to play the old games on Virtual Console (me) have already bought it. What games does Nintendo have to attract new gamers? Have you seen all the third party games lately? They give me nightmares... o.o
/rant

I've bought Ocarina of Time three times already, MM twice. I'd rather buy a new game altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom