• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OOT: Mask Abilities...

A

acidRain burns

Hey, I'm re-beating OOT, just because its super fun:), and was wondering, in the mask side-quest, what do they all do?

I know the Bunny Hood makes you slightly faster, and keeps the Stalchilds from sprouting, and the mask of Truth is pretty straight forward, i was wondering, what do the others do?

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
Hey, I'm re-beating OOT, just because its super fun:), and was wondering, in the mask side-quest, what do they all do?

I know the Bunny Hood makes you slightly faster, and keeps the Stalchilds from sprouting, and the mask of Truth is pretty straight forward, i was wondering, what do the others do?

umm the rest do nothing diffrent than the ones in mm, however the mask of truth is the most helpful durring a specific problem/ puzzle but some times scares people in the town market ^__^

In Ocarina of Time,none of the mask have special powers(except for the Mask of Truth which is the purpose of doing the mask sidequest).

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, only two masks have special powers, the rest give mixed reactions from people. The Mask of Truth allows you to talk to gossip stones, and that allows you to see some secrects people have (i.e. Malon wants to be taken away from Lon Lon Ranch by a knight, clad in armor on a white horse). The Bunny Hood ensures safe travels at night in Hyrule Field, by making it so all the Stalchild stay in the ground.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
excatly what petman said all off the rest of the masks give you different reaction than wht they would reguarly give to link and I never really knew that the bunny hood stopped the stalchilds from sprouting but aside from that the masks just give you a cool look

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I think the "skeleton" mask also prevents the skullkids in the lost woods to run away. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I think the "skeleton" mask also prevents the skullkids in the lost woods to run away. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

You're wrong. In OoT, the SkullKids are your friends. When you're an adult, however, they'll try to kill you. Plus, the mask has no true purpose other than to recieve mixed reactions (Mainly that one girl on top of the bridge set that claims you scared her and she's going to tell Mido) and to complete the Happy Mask Salesman Side-Quest.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Ah, I love the masks in oot. But i really dont see the purpose of the skull mask at all. The Keaton mask goes to the man guarding Death Mountain Trail but whenever I put on the skull mask, nothing! But, who am I to complain? It's still cool to have the masks around in that game.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
You're wrong. In OoT, the SkullKids are your friends. When you're an adult, however, they'll try to kill you. Plus, the mask has no true purpose other than to recieve mixed reactions (Mainly that one girl on top of the bridge set that claims you scared her and she's going to tell Mido) and to complete the Happy Mask Salesman Side-Quest.

mmm are you sure petman?... I said "prevent from running away", not "prevent from attacking you".......I'm pretty sure when you aproach the first one on the left, when you enter the lsot woods, he runs away if you get too close to him, unless you wear the mask.

Kazumi

chagy
Hrmm... You do need the Skull Mask for one optional upgrade. If you wear it in the "Foresy Stage", which is in Lost Woods, then all of the Deku's come up, and you can talk to their cheiftain for a Deku Stick upgrade. But, as you said, the Bunny Hood stops Stalchildred from coming. Mask of Truth is for Gossip Stones, which tell you secrets.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Hm... and no one mentioned: the Zora, Goron and Gerudo masks do nothing except for changing some people's reactions when you talk to them... Some tell you to go away, some tell you to stop being a kid... etc

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Hm... and no one mentioned: the Zora, Goron and Gerudo masks do nothing except for changing some people's reactions when you talk to them... Some tell you to go away, some tell you to stop being a kid... etc

I had already covered that (All the other masks give people mixed reactions). Plus, I find it humorous when you put the Zora mask on and walk up to Ruto, and she is "glad that you've turned into a Zora!".

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Another interesting reaction is when you talk to Talon while wearing the Gerudo mask. It give me the impression that Malon may, in fact, be half Gerudo. :D
Well I"m gonna travel HYrule posting statements on what people said to me while whereing different masks and just talking to them with regular ol' link here.Then I"ll compare them, and I haven't talked to malon with the gerudo mask yet but why does she make you feel like she's half Gerudo, I don't know anything someone could say to make me think they're half Gerudo, well unless they truly are Gerudo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom