• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler OOT is the Darkest Zelda Game Right Now.

Byrne

Waterloo
I will tell you why. after you gather the spiritual stones, you can go to the backalley of hyrule castle town, and you'll see a dying soldier. he will say how he was unable to protect zelda, and then he dies. D:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Majora's Mask features the entire world being crushed to death by the Moon IN AN INGAME CUTSCENE. MM is the darkest IMO, but that is an opinion in a sortakinda way.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
that scene is sad but it doesn't make the game the darkest game in the series. for me, Twilight Princess would be. NOT TAKE MIRROR

MW7

That is a pretty dark scene but I think other Zelda games are darker. Twilight Princess even has a word in its title that relates to darkness- you can't be much more obvious than that.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I have to disagree; MM is far darker than OoT, with multiple deaths, a great apocalypse, and sadness all around. While I do agree that this is a dark scene, it doesn't compare with MM.

That's one scene. You can't define the tone of an entire game because of a single occurrence. I mean seriously, think about it: Yeah that was a dark moment, but can you really say that the game in its entirety was dark because of it? What about all the happy moments prevalent throughout the entire game?

I personally like to think MM is the darkest Zelda to date.
  1. The world was being crushed by a huge, menacing, creepy moon.
  2. The villain is freakin' psychotic and used powers that are quite arguably akin to the likes of voodoo. Remember the odd ritual performed at the beginning where Link became the Deku?
  3. Death is a prominent theme, and the souls of the dead are placed within masks. Link assumes the role of the dead for cripe's sake. Deku Butler's son, anyone? Well, to me it is implied that the Skull Kid had something to do with his death... (implied)
  4. There was forced time limit that gives you the impression that the fate of the world rested on a child's shoulders, and if the crushing feeling that results if you failed.
  5. Elegy of Emptiness, a song that allows you to leave an empty shell of the dead...
  6. Ikana region.

The above = Tip of the iceberg. 'Nuff said...

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
I don't think OoT is the darkest game just because one soilder dies. MM and TP was much darker. Especially TP in this case: When ant invades the Hyrule Castle throne room, he and the twilight beasts kills plenty of soilders.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
One sad thing, so? It doesn't mean that the whole game is dark because of it. That would be like seeing an animal die. Sure it is sad, but it won't really affect your life in any way.

What did I say about your posts having some value? You never listen to me talk so I will say it on the forums then. *facepalm*

How do you think that that's darker than Majora? THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END BECAUSE THE MOON IS FALLING. WHO GIVES A RAT ABOUT ONE SOLDIER?

I would'nt say that makes it the darkest Zelda game. I mean, there is that scene in the credits of Majora's Mask when the Deku character is crying over his son. Plus, that game is just darker entierely, with it's creepy tone and mysterious characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom