• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oot is overrated... It just is nothing more to it

No amount of words will ever change this any game that is often called the greatest game of all time is over rated.

No game: None absolutely none can be called the greatest game of all time and not be over rated, that just plain does not exist.

Also: "u need to look at oot as through it was new and that you should not compare it to newer games" Is not a valid argument, why? It is Called the greatest game Of all time u need to compare it to new games, if u have to look at it as through it were new its not the greatest of all time. No buts no nothing the greatest game of all time needs be compared to (and rated against) newer "better" games other wise it litterly cant be the greatest of all time

No amount of words will ever change this any game that is often called the greatest game of all time is over rated.

No game: None absolutely none can be called the greatest game of all time and not be over rated, that just plain does not exist.

Also: "u need to look at oot as through it was new and that you should not compare it to newer games" Is not a valid argument, why? It is Called the greatest game Of all time u need to compare it to new games, if u have to look at it as through it were new its not the greatest of all time. No buts no nothing the greatest game of all time needs be compared to (and rated against) newer "better" games other wise it litterly cant be the greatest of all time

Thanks for the insight.

If you don't like OoT, that's fine, if you didn't play it at release and don't realise what it did for the medium, that's fine too.

But it isn't necessary to make a thread full of vague and negative statements with no real argument.

I personally love OoT. I think it deserves the praise it received back in 1998 and now.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's the greatest as it is the most influential. It was revolutionary. It introduced the multi purpose action button, and z targeting. Which are features that have been used in games ever since. It changed the landscape of gaming and has had a massive impact on what came after.

The witcher 3 is a better game I think but it's not revolutionary, just improved upon storytelling and open world gaming from what came before, and that's why it is not the greatest game of all time but still probably the best experience.

Bruh, if you're going to argue that OoT is NOT one of if not "the" greatest game of all time, give some reasons.

Yes I said it's "One of the greatest" games. Mario 64 and is also a great game, but that's beside the point. Yes OoT had its flaws. But, people count it as the greatest game because of its part in what made the franchise what it is today. Though 'Link's Awakening' also played a part, the use of multiple items and the ability to combine items(bomb arrows anyone?),

Now I can somewhat see where OP is coming from, in a way. Each generation and system has to come into account. E.G. third gen consoles were the N64 and the PS1. Nintendo had OoT and Mario 64. Yes Mario 64 was originally "sold with the system from the start"(someone correct me if I'm wrong. Between the two though OoT made use of multiple items, thank you LA, which mage it stand out more to players. Plus, it being the first 3D Zelda title, that also adds on to what people love about it.

Never had a PS1 so I don't know what game the PS community agreed on, FF8? maybe? Idk

All-in-all, if you want to make an argument that "no game can be the greatest", at least give more if any insight as to why you think so. A majority of the community will just brush your thoughts off as a poorly worded opinion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, you're basically saying that OoT is not the greatest game ever no matter what anybody says. That's YOUR opinion. I don't think it's very wise to make a thread and say a game is not good no matter what people say. You don't really give any reasons why OoT isn't what you think it is. And we can give you many reasons why it is as good as people say it is. But if you make a post in which you say something isn't good at all can you at least make a backup why you dislike the game rather than just shouting it out loud? THAT doesn't make sense.
Even though you might disagree with us who agree the game is one of the greatest of all time there is one thing we all can agree on. That the majority of gamers will disagree with your opinion.
I rest my case :gitem:

I like it. I didn't play it in its heyday, so I find it a wee bit overhyped, as its overworld is empty, boxed in and I wasn't crazy about many of the dungeons and bosses. But its still a fun game. I'd place it in my top 10 Zeldas, but not my top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom