• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Hyrule and the WW Great Sea - Similarities?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I’d like to discuss today a very important matter that all Zelda theorists should take into consideration: the locations of Ocarina of Time in Wind Waker’s drowned Hyrule. We all know of the story. To prevent the evil Ganon from wreaking havoc across all the land, the goddesses flooded the world of Hyrule in hopes of also extinguishing Ganon. Thus, the seeds of the future were scattered. We know there were many changes in the new world of Hyrule. For one, familiar locations from Ocarina of Time were noticeably missing from Wind Waker. But who ever said that such locations as Death Mountain and Kokiri Forest didn’t exist somewhere on the vast sea? Therefore, many fans of the series made their own conclusions on which islands from Wind Waker were reminiscent of those from OoT. Of the 49 islands, some are suspiciously similar (geographically and in other ways) to those of the N64 classic. I’ve done a fair amount of researching on the subject and have come to my own conclusions about the locations of OoT landmarks in the Great Sea. So without further ado, here are my thoughts.

worldmap.gif

[Wind Waker map of the Great Sea]

oot.jpeg

[Ocarina of Time map of Hyrule]

Kokiri Forest = Forest Haven

This is pretty simple. Kokiri Forest and the Forest Haven have similarities galore. First off, both are forests and both have the Great Deku Tree planted somewhere. A tree of such magnitude (and rooted to the ground quite strongly) should not be able to move, even after hundreds of years, meaning the Great Deku Tree from WW and the one from OoT should be in the same relative spot. That being said, both the Kokiri Forest and the Forest Haven are also in the same general location. As you can see in the maps above, the Forest Haven is placed in the southeast (the same general location in which the Kokiri Forest is). To further strengthen my argument that the two forests are actually the same, the Koroks from Wind Waker have distinct characteristics that reminds us of the Kokiri. It’s been pointed out before that the Koroks are descendants of the Kokiri just as the Rito are descendants of the Zoras and also as the strange traveling merchants are descendants of the Gorons.

Onto my next point, the music in the Forest Haven should sound rather familiar to longtime fans of the Zelda franchise. The Kokiri Forest theme is remixed and squeezed into the Forest Haven theme. While some may not hear it, it’s clearly a reference back to Ocarina of Time - just more hard evidence that the Kokiri Forest and Forest Haven are two sides of the same coin. Another aspect I’ve yet to touch on is the dungeons Link must conquer in each location. Forest Temple is the main dungeon for the Kokiri Forest while the Forbidden Woods is the main dungeon for Wind Waker. There is, however, a small crevice in the seemingly perfect theory that “Kokiri Forest = Forest Haven“, and the one question arises: are the Lost Woods from OoT the Forbidden Woods from WW or is the Forest Temple equivalent to the Forbidden Woods? Well, it’s been made clear that the Lost Woods stretch all around Hyrule, far and wide (in OoT). The Forbidden Woods is merely a dungeon and may share little to no relation to the Lost Woods whatsoever. Perhaps another location within the Forest Haven is the Lost Woods? There is also the argument that the Forest Temple could possibly be the Forbidden Woods. Again, we cannot determine where exactly the Forest Temple is located because it lays somewhere in the Lost Woods, therefore its location is unidentifiable. My best bet, though, would have to be that the Lost Woods are the Forbidden Woods. Although I, too, am unsure of what the Forbidden Woods really is.

images

[Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time (above) as compared to Forest Haven in Wind Waker (below)]​

300px-Forest_Haven.jpg

While the two don’t have striking similarities on the outside, nearly all the signs point to the two being one and the same.

Death Mountain = Dragon Roost Island

It’s become increasingly apparent to me that Death Mountain must be Dragon Roost. Why? Well, to start off, both are large mountains and only a landmark as gargantuan as Death Mountain could protrude from the Great Sea hundreds of years later. Although Dragon Roost’s size and height seem just a tad bit more than how tall Death Mountain was, there’s still not a doubt in my mind that the home of the Ritos was once the home of the Gorons. But why don’t the Gorons reside at Dragon Roost? Well, my only explanation for why the Ritos (descendants of the Zora) are now taking up residence at the mountain is because the Gorons were forcibly moved out of their habitat some hundred years after OoT took place (possibly because of the flood). Remember, the Gorons can hardly survive underwater (disproved in Twilight Princess, but that’s in a different timeline) and thus, the Great Sea surrounding Death Mountain (or any area for that matter) would become an appropriate living space for the Zoras. As time flowed by, the Zoras eventually became the Ritos and the rest is history. Now that the existence of the Ritos on Dragon Roost Island is cleared up (and also the existence of the traveling Goron merchants), I can move on to some similarities between the two. Both are active volcanoes and as stated before, very tall. Although there are also several other tall peaks throughout the Great Sea, only one is volcanic and plays a major role in the game: Dragon Roost Island.

Now I’d like to move on to the dungeons that exist in both Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island. In Ocarina of Time, Link had to put his act together to survive both the Dodongo’s Cavern as well as the Fire Temple. On Dragon Roost Island, Link comes face-to-face with his first dungeon in the game: Dragon Roost Cavern. Not surprisingly, Dragon Roost Cavern has striking similarities to both Dodongo’s Cavern and the Fire Temple. That being said, the dungeon from WW could really translate to either one of them. There’s also the location of the two; just another reason that further proves that the two are alike. In OoT’s Hyrule, Goron City and Death Mountain were located at the top right. That doesn’t change at all in Wind Waker, and the sameness in location really holds the glue fast and strengthens the bond between the two. I’ve come to the conclusion that Death Mountain and Goron City from Ocarina of Time are indeed Dragon Roost Island.

[Dragon Roost Island in Wind Waker (below)]​

images

Unlike the “Kokiri Forest = Forest Haven” match, Death Mountain and Dragon Roost Island share many similarities and look very much alike.

Gerudo Fortress = Forsaken Fortress

At first glance, there doesn’t seem to be much resemblance between Gerudo Fortress and the Forsaken Fortress. Gerudo Fortress is made a dry stone, somewhat like mud or sand. These stones are neatly stacked one atop the other in a fashion that creates a blocky kind of structure. More like a compilation of rectangles and squares, really. But the Forsaken Fortress looks entirely different - tall and sleek with an unorthodox design. It seems to be made of an entirely different stone, and the Forsaken Fortress were to be the Gerudo Fortress, it must’ve made built from bottom-to-top after the flood. So, there aren’t many similarities in the “looks” department. That really doesn’t matter because much can change over the course of hundreds of years. Plus, why else would Ganon choose the Forsaken Fortress to be his hiding place during the events of Wind Waker? Well, for one, if the Forsaken Fortress were built on top of Gerudo Fortress, that would mean something to the old pig, wouldn’t it? After all, Ganon is a Gerudo and must’ve felt entitled to make his hideout on top of the remains of his former home. It seems logical, yes, and the location of Gerudo Fortress and the Forsaken Fortress only verify my suspicions. In Ocarina of Time, Gerudo Fortress was a land far off to the northwest. But in fact, the Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker actually occupies the very top-left space in the Great Sea. A mere coincidence? Probably not. I’d also like to point out that both are “fortresses” and are similar in their purpose. Both required some stealth action by Link as well. But what about the Pirates’ Fortress from Majora’s Mask? The Pirates’ Fortress looks a great deal more like the Forbidden Fortress, but unfortunately MM is a part of an entirely different timeline, disproving the theory that the Pirates’ Fortress could be the Forsaken Fortress.

With all great triumphs come an obstacle blocking the path. This obstacle (in this particular theory) just happens to be the dungeons. The Spirit Temple served as the final dungeon before Ganon’s Tower in OoT while the Forsaken Fortress remains a dungeon in itself. If the Forsaken Fortress is a dungeon, then where or what is the Spirit Temple in the Great Sea? My hunch is that it was buried under the sea along with the Gerudo Fortress (as both were low to the ground) and replaced with the Forsaken Fortress. Many might think that the Spirit Temple was similar to the Earth Temple in terms of dungeon design and overall atmosphere, or even the slightest bit similar to the Wind Temple. Could it be that either of these two dungeons could be the Spirit Temple? Unfortunately, both of these theories are incorrect. The Desert Colossus from Ocarina of Time was to the left of Gerudo Valley, meaning if the Spirit Temple were to exist, it would have to be off the map. Still, I remain certain that Gerudo Fortress is the Forsaken Fortress because they are too many correspondences to be dismissed.

images

[Gerudo Fortress in Ocarina of Time (above) as compared to Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker (below)]​

images

Again, they do not look alike, but Gerudo Fortress is likely at the ocean’s bottom so it is not visible to the naked eye.

Hyrule Market = Windfall Island

First thought that come to many minds is this: “Isn’t Windfall Island a little bit like Kakariko Village?” That is true, but Kakariko Village was at a low altitude. It could’ve been easily swallowed whole by the flood. That’s why I’ve come to the say that Windfall Island from WW is more closely related to the Hyrule Market. But I wouldn’t say that the Hyrule Market was able to survive the flood - rather, I believe Windfall was built atop the ruins of the old Hyrule Market. As we saw in Wind Waker, the once-great previous kingdom of Hyrule is deep beneath the ocean depths. The Tower of the Gods rests on the surface, but we never exactly knew where Hyrule was buried under the ocean. On the map of OoT, the Market and Hyrule Castle are identified near the top-center of the kingdom - exactly where Windfall Island sits in the Great Sea. The structure of Hyrule Market is made of stones. These stones are assembled in a similar way to Windfall. They do indeed bear striking resemblances, and for that reason I am to believe that they are generally the same place. The core premise of both locations are pretty much identical: to help Link restock for the long journey ahead. Even Windfall’s lighthearted theme sounds somewhat similar to that of the Market. Mere coincidences? So far, it seems that these are not coincidences and that Windfall Island is the future version of the Hyrule Market.

images

[Hyrule Market in Ocarina of Time (above) as compared to Windfall Island in Wind Waker (below)]​

images

The windmill at Windfall is one of the main reasons gamers tend to believe that Windfall is Kakariko, but the main issue with that is the location and altitude of Kakariko itself.

Lake Hylia = Outset Island

I guess I saved the most questionable for last. There really isn’t much hard proof that Lake Hylia is Outset Island. I determined that the two were the same because of their placement on the maps. Lake Hylia is at the very bottom of Hyrule, inching just the teensiest bit towards the left. Meanwhile, Outset Island is around the same general area and sports similar features to OoT’s Lake Hylia. First off, Lake Hylia is known for its connecting bridges. Those make a reappearance in Outset Island, just slightly altered, though. It’s possible that some parts of Lake Hylia were able to survive after the flood, therefore spawning Outset Island. Also, the rivers flowing into Lake Hylia from Zora’s Domain were most likely flooded as well, explaining the way the island is seemingly divided in half. The upper half could possibly be the unseen forest behind Lake Hylia.

Next on the agenda is the Water Temple. It probably doesn’t have a counterpart on Outset Island, though, because it is at the bottom of the Lake. Therefore, the Water Temple is likely buried beneath the ocean waves. There isn’t much to say about Lake Hylia, though, since there aren’t many geographical landmarks situated there. I‘m somewhat skeptical of my own “Lake Hylia = Outset Island” remark, but it’s the most logical theory I can muster.

[Outset Island in Wind Waker (below)]​

images

As stated before, the two look pretty similar. There are still too many differences to call it a day, though, so I intend to do some further investigating on the matter.

Final Words

So, there you have it. I was previously thinking of making a point about Zora’s Domain and its equivalent in Wind Waker, but there are just not enough possibilities. I’ll leave it at that for now, as these seem to be the most logical matches I could possibly make. Feel free to add any matches you’ve found or any arguments. Discuss.

Edit: There were supposed to be comparison pictures under each category for both OoT and WW, but most of the OoT pictures didn't show up when I saved the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• WW Map.jpg
    WW Map.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
  • OoT Hyrule.jpg
    OoT Hyrule.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I have also had the ideas about Kokiri Forest being Forest Haven and Death Mountain being Dragon Roost Island. The ideas about Gerudo Fortress being Forsaken Fortress and Lake Hylia being Outset Island were new to me, though I must say they were very interesting.
I still think that Windfall Island is Kakariko Village because of the similar music, and the windmill in the center. The Hyrule Castle is after all shown underneath the surface of the Great Sea.
I also think that Zora's Domain became Greatfish Isle, because it was there you were going to find Nayru's Pearl (the other pearls were found in the former Kokiri Forest and Death Mountain).
But anyway, it was some great reading!! :D

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The Kokiri Forest theme is also mixed into the Outset Island theme. I think that's more to do with the similarity of being where Link started his adventure than with any geographical connection.

I'm pretty sure Hyrule Castle (most likely the ToT from OoT) is directly beneath the TotG. I don't think it's good to ignore the music connection between Kakariko and Windfall right after using such a connection for Kokiri Forest and Forest Haven. We do know that music is canon and should be considered when making connections between games. ("The composer for this game is also a big Zelda fan. He does not want to miss the opportunity to relate key Zelda music elements to key points of gameplay, which will make Zelda fans say "Yes!" That perhaps explains the percentage balance." -Hidemaru Fujibayashi) Add to that the windmill, (small) graveyard, etc. and it's obvious that Windfall is supposed to be a modern Kakariko, whether it be the same or not.

Greatfish is another important island in WW, and I think it parallels the Zora River in OoT (the section between the Gerudo Desert and Lake Hylia), and was home to wingless Rito before Ganondorf destroyed it.

Everything else I agree with for the most part.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have noticed a lot of the similarities myself. I have always connected Castle Town to Windfall while connecting Dragonroost Island to Kakariko. Since Kakariko was at the base of Death Mountain in OoT and again in TP. The rest I agree with as well. One of the biggest challenges I have is trying to connect the maps of underwater Hyrule to OoT Hyrule. It is not as easily done as connecting OoT Hyrule to the islands in the Great Sea.

beta25.jpg

800px-View_of_Hyrule_From_Atop_Ganon%27s_Tower.jpg

Hyrule-The_Wind_Waker.jpg

Castle Hyrule itself is on a tiny island which does not match up with OoT at all. But when you include the bridges it looks like the Castle Hyrule from TP
350px-Hyrule_Castle_TP_Artwork.jpg

The_Kingdom_of_Hyrule_by_DarklordIIID.jpg

One thing that I noted playing TP the very first time was the Gerudo Mesa in the far southwestern corner of the Gerudo desert (I wish I can find a pic but I cannot find one anywhere) is actually two separate mesas that stick up out of the ground and have flat tops. The western one has the entrance to the cave of ordeals. Just like Outset Island in WW
Outset_Island.jpg

Which has the entrance to the Savage Labrynth. I have always taken the twin mesa to be outset island in the world of TP.

Majora's Cat

How about that
The Kokiri Forest theme is also mixed into the Outset Island theme. I think that's more to do with the similarity of being where Link started his adventure than with any geographical connection.

I'm pretty sure Hyrule Castle (most likely the ToT from OoT) is directly beneath the TotG. I don't think it's good to ignore the music connection between Kakariko and Windfall right after using such a connection for Kokiri Forest and Forest Haven. We do know that music is canon and should be considered when making connections between games. ("The composer for this game is also a big Zelda fan. He does not want to miss the opportunity to relate key Zelda music elements to key points of gameplay, which will make Zelda fans say "Yes!" That perhaps explains the percentage balance." -Hidemaru Fujibayashi) Add to that the windmill, (small) graveyard, etc. and it's obvious that Windfall is supposed to be a modern Kakariko, whether it be the same or not.

Greatfish is another important island in WW, and I think it parallels the Zora River in OoT (the section between the Gerudo Desert and Lake Hylia), and was home to wingless Rito before Ganondorf destroyed it.

Everything else I agree with for the most part.

Well, all I can do is quote something I stated earlier.

First thought that come to many minds is this: “Isn’t Windfall Island a little bit like Kakariko Village?” That is true, but Kakariko Village was at a low altitude. It could’ve been easily swallowed whole by the flood. That’s why I’ve come to the say that Windfall Island from WW is more closely related to the Hyrule Market.

Yes, Windfall may have been designed very similarly to Kakariko, but there are other factors you're not thiniking about. Windfall Island is misplaced and not in the general area in which Kakariko Village was, plus, the styles between the two differ a bit. Hate to be a nitpicker, but with the intention to create Windfall as a reincarnation of Kakariko, Nintendo hinted at such a thing quite badly. I never once found the music on Windfall to be similar to that of Kakariko - exactly another reason why I suggested it be the Market: because the music is similar.

I have noticed a lot of the similarities myself. I have always connected Castle Town to Windfall while connecting Dragonroost Island to Kakariko. Since Kakariko was at the base of Death Mountain in OoT and again in TP. The rest I agree with as well. One of the biggest challenges I have is trying to connect the maps of underwater Hyrule to OoT Hyrule. It is not as easily done as connecting OoT Hyrule to the islands in the Great Sea.

Which has the entrance to the Savage Labrynth. I have always taken the twin mesa to be outset island in the world of TP.

This I don't really agree with. Twilight Princess is on a whole different timeline, and therefore cannot be factored into this conversation. While the Dragon Roost Island could possibly be Kakariko, Death Mountain is a much more feasible answer. I think you're mainly forgetting that Kakariko does not include Death Mountain itself, whereas Dragon Roost Island is more like a combined Goron City and Death Mountain, not Kakariko.

Since the god flooded Hyrule to create the Great Sea, they are all the same when you overlap them. But Death Mountain and Hyrule are not in the same places as Dragon Roost and Tower of the Gods.

Djinn

and Tonic
This I don't really agree with. Twilight Princess is on a whole different timeline, and therefore cannot be factored into this conversation. While the Dragon Roost Island could possibly be Kakariko, Death Mountain is a much more feasible answer. I think you're mainly forgetting that Kakariko does not include Death Mountain itself, whereas Dragon Roost Island is more like a combined Goron City and Death Mountain, not Kakariko.

Regardless of what part of the child/adult timeline you subscribe to, we are still talking about Hyrule. The exact same country. And since they are both in eras after OoT then they should be similar to each other in many ways. What I meant about Dragon roost was that Kakariko was at the base of Death Mountain. And in the story of Old Hyrule the people of Hyrule were told to travel up mountains to protect themselves from the flood. And Death Mountain would have been the first available mountain for the people of Kakariko. It is obviously Death mountain as spectacle rock can be found on Dragon Roost. Although no real mention of the Fire Temple. This was the main reason why I never really could get behind the Zora are Rito argument for a while. Until it was outright said that they are the Rito.

I still think there has to be some connection between Outset and the Gerudo Mesa. A twin mountain and a twin island both holding the entrance to a never ending dungeon full of enemies is a little too close for coincidence.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
And in the story of Old Hyrule the people of Hyrule were told to travel up mountains to protect themselves from the flood. And Death Mountain would have been the first available mountain for the people of Kakariko. It is obviously Death mountain as spectacle rock can be found on Dragon Roost. Although no real mention of the Fire Temple. This was the main reason why I never really could get behind the Zora are Rito argument for a while. Until it was outright said that they are the Rito.
But now that we know the Rito were Zora, you still think the people of Kakariko climbed the mountain, not those of Zora's Domain? What changed between the flood and WW?

Djinn

and Tonic
But now that we know the Rito were Zora, you still think the people of Kakariko climbed the mountain, not those of Zora's Domain? What changed between the flood and WW?

Actually I think it has turned into more of a grudging acceptance. Zora becoming Rito makes little to no sense to anyone looking at it. With the Rito being a normal people with Hylian features such as hair, skin tone, pointed ears, non webbed hands and requirement of divine intervention to give them flight on an individual basis. They just look like magically enhanced Hylians and nothing like a Zora whatsoever. Even the Nintendo Gallery saying that one of the postmen has an ancestor who was also a postman, who lookes exactly like said postman in MM. (I covered all of this in another thread though) But now developers have come right out and said Zora are Rito, end of story. So I just take it as that, Zora are Rito. Does not have to make sense.

This has also given me another theory that the Zora might be a similar people. Possible Hylians that through the intervention of JabuJabu gain a scale that allows them to breath underwater. And over time take on more and more aquatic features. But that is another thread topic entirely so I will not keep it up.

Anyway the people of Kakariko were much closer to Death Mountain than the the people of Zora's Domain. Then we have to include the fact that Death Mountain was already inhabited by the Goron. And they appeared to have left before the time of WW. There might have been some form of territorial dispute that caused the Gorons to leave and scatter across the sea. This could also explain how Hylians scattered to more areas such as Outset, Private Oasis, Spectacle Island (which a lot like to believe is spectacle rock too) and Hoeseshoe Island. Before in OoT the Hylians were not very spread out. They lived mostly in Castle Town and Kakariko. With one family living in Hyrule field. Some fight over available land would cause them to spread out over a larger area instead of sticking to their specific regions.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Anyway the people of Kakariko were much closer to Death Mountain than the the people of Zora's Domain. Then we have to include the fact that Death Mountain was already inhabited by the Goron. And they appeared to have left before the time of WW. There might have been some form of territorial dispute that caused the Gorons to leave and scatter across the sea. This could also explain how Hylians scattered to more areas such as Outset, Private Oasis, Spectacle Island (which a lot like to believe is spectacle rock too) and Hoeseshoe Island. Before in OoT the Hylians were not very spread out. They lived mostly in Castle Town and Kakariko. With one family living in Hyrule field. Some fight over available land would cause them to spread out over a larger area instead of sticking to their specific regions.

I've already come up with a theory for this, but perhaps you didn't notice previously. It's quite apparent to be that after the flooding, the Gorons had nowhere to go. Dragon Roost Island was most likely not in its state in which we saw it in the Wind Waker, and the Gorons must have been decastated by the damage done to their long-time home. Thus, this caused the Gorons to scatter throughout the sea, searching for a place to settle. But maybe, just maybe, they gave up in their struggles and became traveling merchants instead (as to make more profits). Since the Zora were already aquatic creatures, it's likely that they simply inhabited Dragon Roost Island/Death Mountain from that point on, and lived their lives there and adapting to the terrain. Therefore, the Rito came to be. I agree with you on the second half, Djinn. It's likely that territorial disputes and such matters separated the Hylians, each few claiming an island or so, the last remnants of the old Hyrule.

T

TheDrunkZora

So i've turned the two maps in all sorts of directions in relation to each other, rather than having them both upright like how they're displayed, and still they don't geographically add up. I'm putting populous disputes and my hatred for the acceptance of Zora>Rito bit aside and seriously trying to tie things together geographically. The best I can think of is that there is much more landscape than thought of than is made up of nothing but mountains, because there are only a few high elevations in hyrule. It says that the godesses flooded the place, not changed the landscape contours, so everything is still going to be where it was in the first place.

Anyways here are a few of my takes on this.

The tower of the gods is directly above Hyrule castle. That part is set in stone. The tower itself isn't an island so it wasn't ever a mountain. I almost feel more like Dragoon roost is more the Gerudo fortress. Dragon roost is tall like the gerudo fortress, not widened out like death mountain. Which would make more sense that bomb island is the top of death mountain. Geographically it's in the right amount of distance, and the fact that it is the "bomb" island only gives it more relation to death mountain.

This in turn makes the relation between the forest haven and the lost woods even clearer. Again it is in adequate relation to death mountain and the sunken hyrule's location. Which in turn keeps the Deku tree in the same location. I'm sure the Deku tree could have been replanted in the same relative location, or just been revived.

The rest of the map is covered in clouds and could easily be a ton of more mountains. I'm just clearing the geographical understanding up.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I agree with all of your connections, except Lake Hylia = Outset island. One important factor when taking this into account is that Jabun, who is likely to be or at least be a descendant of Jabu-Jabu, feld to Outset island because of Ganondorf. Jabun's original location was Greatfish Isle. However, on the WW and OoT maps, they are on opposite sides. Also, there isn't really a match to Zora's Domain. However, one could say that Zora's Domain is a part of Dragon Roost Island. After all, the Rito evolved from the Zoras, so perhaps they evolved because their habitat was changing as well.

Another interesting fact is that the Tower of the Gods is directly above Hyrule Castle in WW. What structure do we know from OoT that was tall like that? Ganon's Tower. Perhaps in between OoT and WW people rebuilt Hyrule Castle with the long segment from Ganon's Tower with another purpose - to worship the Gods. Then, there is the question about Lon-Lon Ranch. There are two options for this: Tingle Island and Windfall Island. I think it would be Windfall, as Tingle Island is just way too small. Perhaps its community could have merged with the one from Castle Town.

Last edited:

99% ZeldaExpert

Now the TotG is directly above old Hyrule Castle and based on the map of the WW Great Sea, the TotG is a tad west from the middle of the map but on the OoT map it is near the top middle of the map which leads me to say that most of the islands above the TotG and most likely all of A Quadrant to be completly different forms of land than the land from OoT.

Djinn

and Tonic
I do not believe the Tower of the Gods was actually any landmark of OoT Hyrule at all. It had a specific purpose of testing the courage and ability of any up and coming hero to see if they were capable of saving Old Hyrule. There is nothing said in the game to back up my theory but my assumption was that the gods placed it in the great sea shortly after drowning Hyrule for that test. And whoever passes that test is allowed to venture down beneath the ocean to draw the master sword and defeat Ganondorf. The very idea of drowning Hyrule was to freeze everything and hold Ganondorf off until a great hero could come and rescue Hyrule. However the events of the game show us that all did not go according to plan at all.

The fact that any hero would have to personally meet with the three deities of earth, water and sky just to gain the pearls of the goddesses, setting them in specific locations in the ocean to magically raise a huge structure from the sea to test heroic worthiness shows me that the entire event was divine intervention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom