• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler OoT Dilemma

So for a long while now, I've been wanting to play OoT and experience the whole game. Therein lies the dilemma. I happen to have a really bad fear of the inside of the body (best name I could find was intracorpophobia; rare phobia), so I won't be able to get past the third dungeon. I was wondering if I should just emulate it and use cheats once I get to that point. The problem with that is that it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable to play with a keyboard, and the whole cheat idea might not even be feasible. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You can emulate it fairly easy and theres cheats to give you quest items so you'd only have to find one that gives you Zora's Saphire. Possibly the Shadow Medallion/Hover Boots if you aren't a fan of dead hand...

That is quite a dilemma. The best I can think of is to ask a friend to help you through the dungeon. No need to put yourself in such a position for a video game.
The problem with that is that I only really have one friend who'd really care for doing sorta thing, but I don't talk to him much. However, I will certainly see if I can get into contact with him. I didn't think about that, thanks!

You can emulate it fairly easy and theres cheats to give you quest items so you'd only have to find one that gives you Zora's Saphire. Possibly the Shadow Medallion/Hover Boots if you aren't a fan of dead hand...
Glad to know that's feasible. Thanks for the info!

Face your fears in a safe and fun environment!
It used to be where I couldn't look at the inside of the body without getting really scared and having a lingering sense of fear and dread for at least 10 minutes, but I'm happy to report I've been working on that phobia. I was still scared, but I was able to watch a YouTuber go entirely through the dungeon. Playing the dungeon would be an entirely different story, though.

Thanks for all the help. I'll see what I can do, and with any luck, I'll be able to complete the game w/o emulation AND get over my fear in a relatively short timespan. :)

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I hate to break it to you, but the entirety of the child dungeons in OoT involving you going inside of creatures. If you can do the Deku Tree, and Dodongo's Cavern (second half has you going into a dead dodongo), then I think you can handle this.

I believe in you friend!

I hate to break it to you, but the entirety of the child dungeons in OoT involving you going inside of creatures. If you can do the Deku Tree, and Dodongo's Cavern (second half has you going into a dead dodongo), then I think you can handle this.

I believe in you friend!
Thanks. It's more red/pink tissue that disturbs me. For example: I can go into Dungeon Man from Earthbound. If you're not familiar with that game, you owe it to yourself to watch it. Also, How long had the dodongo been dead? I watched a Let's Play on the 3DS version, but only Jabu-Jabu's belly disturbed me. I might not have been paying attention at that point in Dodongo's Cavern.

Lastly, I got into contact with my friend, who said he'd be willing to the subject dungeon. So that was really good news to me.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
HeHeheHe

I ordinarily wouldn't admit this openly, but ya'll got no idea how many years it took me to beat dodongo's cavern due solely to apprehension. It's quite remarkable really, once I finally got the stones to beat it I steamrolled through the rest of the game. Before that, I spent untold hours just messing around all the available areas up to that point. Years later I opened up the rest of the game and had a blast like I was really playing it for the first time.

And yeah, Jabu Jabu creeps me out to this day but in a disturbing way not the "WOW THIS IS COOL!" way I get from every other freaky area in OoT. Jabu Jabu is my least favorite dungeon anyway. I'm glad it's short. If you have an intense phobia about it, I can see how it would be an issue.

Other than emulating, you could ask someone to play it for you... so that's good to hear! You really wouldn't be missing missing much in that chapter, especially if you see the cut scene with Ruto afterwards so you can understand a bit of the context when she shows up again later.

In the recent past (a bit before this initial post), my childhood fears have been lessening. Because of this, and the Triforce of Courage, I was able to get through the dungeon on my own. It was creepy and revolting, but my slow desensitization beforehand aided me too.

Also: Thanks for your suggestions; it made me feel more confident knowing that there were backup plans and kind people on the internet (that's pretty good too). All around, I feel really happy about this. :) I feel this first thread on this new forum (to me) is a good omen about this site.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm not trying to poop on your legitimate phobia at all, but I don't think you have to worry so much about Jabu-Jabu setting you off. Yeah, you're inside the fish, but it's not super realistic. If you're playing on a tv screen though, you can probably mess with the colour and contrast settings on the screen to off set the red and pink into other shades so then maybe it won't seem so bad?

EDIT: I just saw that you completed it. Well done :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom