• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OOT Bosses: Easy or Hard? -First Battles-

How hard were the bosses in OOT?

• Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate

• Easy

• Total voters

Fierce

Deity Link
When you first played Ocarina of Time, did you struggle with any of the bosses?

Thing is, I always see mixed reactions for practically every boss. The only Boss I struggled on as a kid was really Ganon... I thought he was impossible. I even glitched my entire Kid inventory to be bottles of fairies just to beat him. (Looking back this seems unnecessary, I must have died ALOT.) Of course now I consider him an absolute joke... The only other two that gave me trouble were Dead Hand and Dark Link which were both mini-bosses ironicly.

But for some reason... everyone ranks Barinade as their toughest fight. I aced that boss, then and every run after. I think Barinade is the easiest boss at the same difficulty level as King Dondogo and Gohma. People complain also about Bongo Bongo and I just can't get it either. He dies sooo fast and is very predictable.

If I had to rank them: (When I first fought them)
1. Ganon
2. Shadow Link
3. Dead Hand
4. Iron Knuckle- Redeads (until I figured out the sun's song trick)
5. Phantom Ganon
6. Volvagia - Twinrova- Bongo Bongo
7. Gohma- King Dondogo- Barinade

I always found the normal enemies to be much more of a challenge in general. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I was prepared for the boss fights?
Now Majora's Mask... THAT had tough bosses.

Gyorg and Goht are really challenging. Gyorg SUCKS on 3 heart/minimalist runs. Very nerve racking.

Well in OoT the only boss i found was a challenge is Phantom Ganon in the forest temple.
The next hardest is the boss of the Water temple amoeba.
Three easiest are.

Gohma,Giant Dodongo, and Bongo Bongo.
Bosses should be the hardest enemies you face in a dungeon.
Thing is all bosses should be a challenge to many bosses in Zelda hames are just to easy and predictable.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
When I old enough to actually play OoT, and when I actually knew what I was doing, I did not have a MAJOR trouble with the bosses until I came across Bongo-Bongo. Oh my lord, did he make me cry!

I can't really vote on this one, cause the first time I played OOT I was 10 and had barely played any video games ('rents said no video games until I turned 10, something about exercise and fresh air). So yes, the bosses were hard, everything was hard. Walking in a straight line was hard. I ran Link off so many cliffs...

T

tetra929

When I old enough to actually play OoT, and when I actually knew what I was doing, I did not have a MAJOR trouble with the bosses until I came across Bongo-Bongo. Oh my lord, did he make me cry!
i know! i died a lot on that boss too! but i didnt cry. lol another one i thought was hard was phantom ganon cuz i suck at aiming arrows at him :(

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The only challenges I had in all of Ocarina of Time, were Gohma (don't laugh), and dark Link. I found all the bosses of moderate difficulty besides the two that I mentioned...

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Most of them were pretty easy for me, but a few of them were harder than the rest. Barinade is the only Zelda boss that I have ever died on in any of the games. I faced it when I was young and ignorant... Back then, I would not Z-target for whatever reason because I hated the way the camera switched around when I did... >_< So obviously you can see why Barinade was so hard for me -- the Boomerang is pretty hard to aim when you don't target something...

On my first playthrough of Ocarina of Time, on a scale from the hardest to the easiest, these are how the bosses (and mini-bosses) ranked for me:

-Barinade (Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly boss)
-Big Octo (Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly mini-boss)
-Phantom Ganon (Forest Temple boss)
-Poe Sisters (Forest Temple mini-boss)
-Flare Dancers (Fire Temple mini-boss)
-Dark Link (Water Temple mini-boss)
-Morpha (Water Temple boss)
-Bongo-Bongo (Shadow Temple boss)
-Iron Knuckle (Spirit Temple mini-boss)
-Dead Hand (Under the Well boss/Shadow Temple mini-boss)
-Twinrova (Spirit Temple boss)
-Volvagia (Fire Temple boss)
-Ganon (Final boss Part 2)
-Ganondorf (Final boss Part 1)
-King Dodongo (Dodongo's Cavern boss)
-Gohma (Inside the Deku Tree boss)

It took me many tries my first play through to beat Gohma.. many many tries... (though now it takes under a minute for me to beat her, go figure.) Also, Big Octo was REALLY hard too. I didnt know the whole, take damage and it turns around trick, so naturally, I got impaled by many a spike. Barinade was really easy for me, I think I actually died in that battle, but some fairy showed up, healing me.. though I didn't have any in my bottles.. the only other boss I had trouble with was Phantom Ganon's second phase, and that was only because I was too stupid to figure out that I needed to hit his magic back at him.

I remember Amoeba (name?), that water boss in the Water Temple. He was insanely difficult to beat. I remember crying when I kept messing up my strategies against him. This would mark the first time I ever died in a boss fight. As young Link, I had a bit of a problem defeating Dead Hand in the well in Kakariko.

Strangely enough, I had the easiest time with Bongo Bongo. I could swear I defeated him once using only Deku Nuts, arrows and the MS! I didn't even have to use the Lens of Truth.

With that being said, I say moderate. It was OoT afterall. There is no 3D Zelda game before it. So it being the first 3D Zelda game might have something to do with the bosses' difficulty levels.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'd say Moderate when I first played it.

Dark Link was the only thing that was the hardest, even harder than Ganon. I used to use a sword to Sword fight with Dark Link, and it was fun, so I stick with it. Other bosses we're meh. I expected as much. I figured out their patterns after just one attack.

On my first play through? Then I would rank them as hard. The first three bosses, as Child Link, weren't all that hard, admittedly, and I didn't have a whole lot of trouble there. However, once I became Adult Link, I remember having a hard time with nearly every boss, dying multiple times on each one before I go the pattern down and was able to beat them. On Phantom Ganon, I had such a hard time with the first part, that I kept having to restart the fight due to a lack of arrows, and even when I got rid of his horse I had a hard time.

Now, of course, all of the bosses are pretty easy, just because I've beaten them so many times and memorized their patterns. Well, that, and the fact that I'm a lot better at games now than I was back then.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
At first they were hard. But once you played it again and again, it's pretty easy. Because you will know what you done in the past and defeat the monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom