• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT: Bloodiest E-rated game?

I think that OoT would have been better wit a E+10 rating, because the shadow temple looked more like a trorture chamber than a temple, besides you can see all the blood stains in the walls and the floor, and remember the spikes wall in the boss key room, and the DEADHands, wonder why they called them like that.
I agree. The only problem with that is that the E10+ rating didn't exist when OoT was released; it's relatively new.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well OoT talking about Bloody I dont think so.Tony Hawk definetly I have some E-rated Tony Hawk games and boy are they bloody.ALso I wouldn't call OoT Bloody I would just give it mild violence and if you have collectors edition like me it really isn't blood it's just green gush everywhere, ecpecially when you kill Ganondorf and Ganon.Ok Ganondorf coughs of blood and Ganons blood just goes everywhere.Tony hawk is much much bloodier, well for me beacause I stink and blood goes everywhere.

S

SethOmega

I dare you to play Monster Hunter, and accuse OoT of having to much blood.... Also, MH is a PS2 Game, but it still rocks.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Dude, we're accusing an E rated game of having a lot of blood. Monster Hunter is rated Teen, so it isn't allowed to be used in comparison. Although, due to the descriptions, it does seem like a bloody game, but it is not rated E. OoT was rated E, almost hit T, but managed to get out of it by having a whole bunch of edits done to it. OoT did have some things in it, such as when you hit an enemy, blue and green chunks come out of it, as well as when you get hit, as previously stated, you do have a red "slosh" of "blood" come from your body.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
There was blood everywhere on the walls in the bottom of the well and the Shadow Temple.
The Dead Hand is a great E-rated miniboss..:P

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
As everyone has said, the Shadow Temple appears to have stained blood all over the walls and everything. The well, also has this look. But other than that, I think any age group can play the game without getting scared. Hahah or you are scared of forests, fire, ice, water, or sand :D

Last edited:

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Yeah, pretty much everything else in Oot other than the Shadow Temple
and the bottom of the well are perfectly E-rated.
Well, maybe the Great Fairy isn't E-rated...but you know what I mean. :D

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
In versions 1.0 1.1 and 1.2, there was blood in there. For example, when Ganon and Ganondorf are slayed, they cough up red blood (except 1.2). When Link gets attacked, a red slosh comes out of him (could be a red flash or blood). Once Barnigade is defeated, he explodes in a bloody way. So, do you think OoT is the bloodiest E-rated game (1.0 1.1 1.2)?

what do you mean versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2? I know the N64 version is different from the gamecube one....so what's the 1.2?

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Most of my memories of Ocarina of Time don't involve much blood, other than Ganondorf coughing up blood and Ganon being owned. Even then, all the versions I have show the green blood. I guess there's blood in the Shadow Temple and the Bottom of the Well. I don't really remember seeing much, but I did see a screenshot on Zelda Wiki that shows blood on the floor around a post in the Shadow Temple, kind of smearead, almost like paint. The dead hand mini-boss does also seem relatively bloody, so I don't know.:hmm: This is only really a small portion of the game, though. It doesn't seem to be overall bloody. I don't think many E-rated games get much more bloody, but I'm sure some of the crazy people in existance could find something.:S

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Nah, I'm not in love with her lol.
When I was young playing through for the first time, I was pretty
darn scared of her though.
She screams as loud as she can then she..uh...gives you magic power. yeah..that's it.:O

what do you mean versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2? I know the N64 version is different from the gamecube one....so what's the 1.2?
Those version numbers do not refer to the Gamecube version, at least not to my knowledge.

There were several versions of OoT released. Several edits were made to the game. After those edits were made, all cartridges contains the newer version.

Some of these edits included editing out blood, or changing the music of the Fire Temple.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess I might be out of topic but what I want to point out is the following: is blood really necessery for making a brutal game?

Back on the topic the blood I noticed was as many orthers have mentioned the blood in the bottom of the well and in the shadow temple. For me the blood was not an issue in itself but more so the items that looked like torture devices (has also been mentioned but is important), aren´t the devices actually worse then the blood itself?

L

Link_IshSexy

I never seem to notice blood in games...*sigh*

I couldn't find any blood in Twilight Princess, unless that big red explosion after you kill the creatures is 'blood.'

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
I think that OoT would have been better wit a E+10 rating, because the shadow temple looked more like a trorture chamber than a temple, besides you can see all the blood stains in the walls and the floor, and remember the spikes wall in the boss key room, and the DEADHands, wonder why they called them like that.

hmm.. I see your point... the shadow temple does look like a tourture chamber.. plus.. it's in the friggin graveyard.... and Deadhand the Re-DEADs and the Gibdoes made things worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom