• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT: Bloodiest E-rated game?

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Xander, E-A was first. I have the Super Mario 64 cartridge with it on the box.

I meant the original Ocarina of Time. Was the N64 game actually E or was it KA? I don't remember. Anyways, the point is that a re-release might come with a different rating. Like Linkman said, E10 perhaps. I could see that.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
If the original stuff was used, maybe a E-10. If they used TP graphics quality (not style, but as in more polygons and better textures), then it could be T. The N64 game was released as E. K-A was terminated in the first quarter of 1998, where OoT was released 4th quarter 1998. It is possible reservation posters were saying K-A, but I highly doubt the gold cartridge came out as K-A.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never saw anythign that I had called blood.
With Ganondorf (like someone had said, I think), I always just thought he was puking.

Until a couple of years ago, I never would have guessed there was any amount of blood in the game.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm not going to lie. I've never noticed any of those things. Perhaps I should play the game again to check these things out.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
It says on the TP box that it contains "Animated Blood", but I don't recall seeing any, or much at all. And besides, my version (GC) of OOT had green blood.

Beast Ganon bleeds when you damaged him.

Anyways I don't think OOT is the BLOODIST game on the N64.... Maybe Conker if I recall.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Just thinking about it now... I don't recall any blood at all in any of the Legend of Zelda titles... ever. Perhaps there are a few cases, but I don't think it ever is too much or too violent, otherwise I think I'd remember it. :)

That being said, I can't say with certainty since I can't really name ANY E rated game that does have blood.

Interesting topic though, I'd be curious to know what other bloody E rated games there are.

L

link67125

in the first version ganon spits out blood but in the other two it was green

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Beast Ganon bleeds when you damaged him.

Anyways I don't think OOT is the BLOODIST game on the N64.... Maybe Conker if I recall.
I said bloodiest E-rated game. Conker's Bad Fur Day was rated M! (No, I haven't played it...)
Just thinking about it now... I don't recall any blood at all in any of the Legend of Zelda titles... ever. Perhaps there are a few cases, but I don't think it ever is too much or too violent, otherwise I think I'd remember it. :)

That being said, I can't say with certainty since I can't really name ANY E rated game that does have blood.

Interesting topic though, I'd be curious to know what other bloody E rated games there are.
Oh, I just looked them up on ESRB. There are a lot (animated blood). I'm impressed Petz Rescue Wildlife Vet has animated blood. So does Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Also Eco the Dolphin. Wow, ESRB has been getting strict! There are 91 games in the database with the rankings of E with Animated Blood, Mild Blood, and Blood (mainly animated). Suprisingly, I didn't find Ocarina of Time in there. Ocarina of Time was only listed for violence (not fantasy violence). But, that was for the Wii/GameCube versions. The N64 version didn't come up. How do you think of ESRB back in 1998 and now?

Mmm. I don't quite remember seeing any blood either, maybe just a little something in the Shadow Temple, but I don't remember Ganon giving me anything.

really some one send me a message telling me where there was blood coming out of people and a mean blood red blood not green blue anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom