• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT: Bloodiest E-rated game?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
In versions 1.0 1.1 and 1.2, there was blood in there. For example, when Ganon and Ganondorf are slayed, they cough up red blood (except 1.2). When Link gets attacked, a red slosh comes out of him (could be a red flash or blood). Once Barnigade is defeated, he explodes in a bloody way. So, do you think OoT is the bloodiest E-rated game (1.0 1.1 1.2)?

Kybyrian

I couldn't say that it is, considering I haven't played every game in the world.

The odd thing is, on my Cousin's N64 box of the cartridge it says T Teen, on my cartridge it says E Everyone. And on the Gamecube case it says E Everyone. I'm so confused.

Last edited:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I haven't played TP too much (stupid Goron Mines! Why do they need them!), so I can't say it isn't the bloodiest Zelda. I am gonna say OoT is the bloodiest Zelda, yet possible the bloodiest E-rated. Out of all the games I've seen, OoT has the most blood.

I wouldn't say it is. It's probably really high up on the list, if we're talking about plain blood or stabbing people continuously, but it probably isn't.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
One thing that I'm more concerned about when it comes to the ESRB-rating of OoT is the whole "shadow"-part of the game, i.e. The Well, Shadow Temple, and, well of course, re-deads. I first played OoT when I was ten I think, and the re-deads in the Market just scared the crap out of me, and not to mention the Shadow Temple. Also, the Shadow Temple have some random puddles of blood here and there, if you want to dwell deeper in the blood-factor of the game.

But seriously, imagine a seven year old kid picking up this game and enter the Market as adult. Who gave that an E-rating?!

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
OK, this is weird. On the N64 and GCN, the PEGI (Pan European Game Information) gave OoT a rating of 7+. On the Wii, they gave 12+. Did they notice the fact blood was everywhere? I'm not so sure that OoT would get the ESRB rating for, if they did have it, but they don't, Frightening Images. Mehplep makes some good points there. With all the blood and, if you can even call it this, gore.

Yes, I suppose gore would be appropiate, considering the fight with Ganon. But I have always wondered why it always says "violence" only. There were many scenes thay showed blood in someway.
Like mentioned before, the fight with Barinade, it exploded in a splatter of green blood sort of stuff.
Whenever Link is hit, a small, or large [depending on what hit him] splash of blood comes from him.
Ganon coughs up blood. And in the shadow temple, there is even places where there are blood stains. There aren't real noticable, but still.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I think it's just the change in times. In ninety-eight when OoT came out, the rating system was still relatively new, and I don't even remember if the original was E or if it was KA. I think it was E, but still. I think if the game was re-released it might even get a T rating. Especially if they did the original where Ganondorf spat up blood instead of puking or whatever. Plus, there's just so much T-Rated content as was stated before; scare the poop out of you sudden happenings in the shadow temple or just problems with wallmasters or zombies.
Anyways, i think it's just that the ESRB was just more lenient back then.

linkman8

True and Noble
That could be entirely possible, because they have gotten more stringent recently. But it would also be fair to mention that they also didn't have the E10+ rating back then, which probably would've been appropriate for OOT, because it's not exactly E, but it's not quite T.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, I agree with linkman8. It isn't E, almost T, yet more of E 10+. You also forgot about the questionable Zora's. I'm impressed Twilight Princess doesn't have suggestive themes on the descriptors with the great fairies, Minda, and the Zoras.
Xander, E-A was first. I have the Super Mario 64 cartridge with it on the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom