• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT 3DS: Improved Graphics Port or Actual Remake?

This biggest question I have for this game is: Will it just have improved graphics, or will we see new things added, changed, or even removed? Thus far, there's only about 5 screenshots that basically answer nothing about the game besides improved graphics. Personally, I see OoT 3DS as a launch title. I think that the same thing Nintendo did with Super Mario 64 DS will be done with OoT 3DS. There obviously be improved graphics, AND I expect there to be a lot more content added. As for the story, I don't necessarily expect it to change drastically... but who knows?

What do you all make of this? Do you think we will simply receive a port of the original Ocarina? Or do you think we will get an improved version, akin to the SM64 DS? And if so, what do you think will be added, improved, removed, or changed in this "remake"?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe that this is an excellent chance for Ocarina to branch out and link (pun not intended) to the other Zelda games. We could in fact benefit as a timeline theory community if that were to happen. We could also get ourselves a better translation for the new game, as companies and translators have improved since the 90s.

Also, this may be the perfect chance, if possible, for us Zelda fans to get the real URA Zelda, or the real Zelda64 that we were promised. The Zelda team already has a game that has been built upon, and now they can improve it and give us what we were promised in Zelda 64.

I also expect certain aspects of the story to change in terms of back stories, and even certain backdrops in order to fit with other Zelda games that have come and gone. The 3DS has a grand amount of potential that is beyond that of the N64. Nintendo simply needs to take advantage of this.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
well if OoT is going to have a remake, i am sure there will be improved graphics and possibly new side quests, mini games, items, not like super items in dungeons but valued items that can give to people for special gifts such as heart pieces, etc. there is hope for new maps, but i don't believe there will be new dungeons. a new dungeon would affect the whole game, and major changes would have to be made. we may be able to play mini games right from the start screen without having to load and travel to play. how many files? im guessing two or three at the most. a one file game is stupid, and a two file game is still anoying. there will probably be new text, as in the old writing stile will be upped and enhanced. new characters may also be added. these are my predictions, or hypothesis some may call it.......so yeah

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I kinda think it is an IGP, but then again, a full-blown Remake isn't all that bad.
If we end up with a remake, we'll probably get more sidequests, obviously improved graphics, storyline changes (POSSIBLY), new items (again, a possibility), a Wi-Fi connection for updates (possibility), and heck, maybe that multiplayer mode that I've been dying for. I don't know for sure, though.

linkman8

True and Noble
To be honest I wouldn't count on any real changes as far as the plot goes, but the changes that they will make will be essentially cosmetic. Improved graphics along with a different control scheme and slightly different dynamics. And I wouldn't be surprised if they did throw in a few new quests, or even a couple new minor characters.

I think most of the changes will be cosmetic. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo throws in some mini-games that would take advantage of the 3D perspective and touch screen. I'd bet a finger that they're going to put the item select menu on the touch screen to make things easier, since Nintendo has been aiming to make things more fluid for Zelda.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Honestly, I find myself doubting that its even going to be released. I'm such a pessimist. LMAO

But if they took the time to port it, I'm fairly certain they would add a couple things here and there.
As in a Temple of Light, perhaps?
Triforce quest? Lmao who am I kidding?

Still...it's nice to dream...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly, while I'm skeptical of the idea, if they made OoT 3DS into the actual Ura Zelda or Zelda 64, then I'd definately buy it.

Even if it wasn't, I'd like to see stuff like 64 ideas such as the Triforce Quest (this was supposed to be a part of OoT, but the idea was scrapped), Adelle (yes, Adelle was originally a LoZ64 idea), and possibly a better translation of the game along with some possible BS elaboration (elaborating more upon the BS of characters like Ganondorf).

Even if it wasn't, I'd like to see stuff like 64 ideas such as the Triforce Quest (this was supposed to be a part of OoT, but the idea was scrapped), Adelle (yes, Adelle was originally a LoZ64 idea), and possibly a better translation of the game along with some possible BS elaboration (elaborating more upon the BS of characters like Ganondorf).

What most people don't usually think about when it comes to the Triforce in OoT is that it can't be obtained by some quest. In the beta Zelda 64, it was intended to be a part of the quest. However, we do not know the story of what the beta was supposed to be. In Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf is the first to touch the Triforce once Link opens the way to the Sacred Realm. At that point, Ganondorf obtained the Triforce of Power, the Triforce of Courage went into Link, and the Triforce of Wisdom went into Zelda. There wouldn't be any way to obtain the Triforce when its already been split up and obtained by three separate individuals, and you would essentially have to completely rewrite the entire story to add such a quest. With that said, I think its safe to say that regardless of what changes or additions they add to this game, obtaining the complete Triforce will not be one of them.

I would imagine they would add new things. I'd like them to make the rupee have a higher value in the game. Once you reach Adult Link, rupees are scattered everywhere, but other than worthless supplies, that you just pick up randomly, there's nothing left to buy. Adding more shops, or new items, etc. or removing the random items in enemies/grass would make the game have more rupees.

With the amount of space for the new system, I'd imagine they have more than plenty for new sidequests. Perhaps another trading sequence? Another collectible item? or two? Or perhaps even new areas with new optional dungeons? More minigames? More item storage upgrades? I don't know. I'm just brainstorming here.

I don't know but I think you should be able to use the touchscreen for the menu. And maybe, of you beat it once, you can start the Master Quest after that, like LoZ or tWW, except tWW is not really a master quest.

In an interview with IGN, Aonuma said that they were planning on using all the new 3DS features in the gameplay somehow. I'm not sure if he's sure of how yet, but he doesn't reveal how, only listing what hardware is likely to be utilized.

Aonuma said:
We've talked about remixing Ocarina of Time for a long time, saying "should we remake Ocarina of Time for Wii?" And, to be honest, I said no. I didn't want to just re-release it on a different platform -- I wanted to have a specific reason to remake Ocarina of Time. I didn't want to just make a port. And so I was waiting for something to come along that would not only help us to retell the story, but improve upon it. Making it different, more unique in its own way. Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it.

He also claims that it isn't just a port, but retelling the game with new technology. I, personally, greatly approve of this.

Article Here. It only mentions Ocarina of Time 3D briefly, but does mention it. Other topics are Skyward Sword and a possible Four Swords game using the Wii - DS linking system.

^That makes me really happy. If they can clean it up, modernize it, add more depth to it story and game play wise, it's going to bring the house down. OoT is under fire today mainly because it's old and outdated, like any other N64 game, and when fossils are praised, the word "overrated" gets into the mix every time. Nothing but good can come from Nintendo taking what the majority think to be the best Zelda game and bringing it into the future, nothing held back. I'm RELIEVED that they didn't do this for Wii; last thing I need are some stupid motion controls mucking up this game.

I wouldn't expect anything other than OoT with better graphics. But I would be happily surprised if they remade it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom