• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS OOT 3D Master Quest

So I started the master quest on ocarina of time 3d the other day. Just finished jabu jabu's belly (what was with the cows? lol) and I must say, so far, the game is significantly harder. For me, this is mainly due to the double damage enemies do, I think it makes a real difference.

The normal version of OOT 3D took me 2 days to finish, no sweat. As for master quest, I've already died quite a few times. I'm enjoying this challenge!

However, I have one question: I never played the original master quest, and I am wondering, is the 3DS master quest different to the original master quest? I heard the original master quest isn't mirrored like this one? Do enemies still do twice as much damage on the original master quest?

One more question - is MM coming out on the 3DS or what? lol. Has anything come from "operation moonfall"?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
To answer your operation moonfall question, they said that it's a possibility. They want to continue on the next Zelda before they do another remake. IMO, they won't make Majora's Mask. People are becoming way to demanding and are actually being extremely rude to Nintendo. It really angers me that, for someone who really wants a Majora's Mask 3D, they really aren't showing anything..

I've only gotten through the Deku Tree, and that was really hard because of the double damage.

Nintendo has officially acknowledged the demand for Majora's Mask 3D, and have stated that they would prefer to make an original game for the 3DS first, because they don't want two Zelda remakes for the system released so close to each other. I don't know why they don't just have Grezzo take care of it, but this isn't the place for that.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It's been a while since I played the original Master Quest, but from what I rememeber the only difference between it and the normal game are the dungeons. The normal gameplay outside the dungeons are the exact same, same item locations and everything. And the dungeons I believe are just rearranged, nothing is mirrored and there is no double damage. However, the dungeons are harder just like the 2nd quest dungeons in the original Legend of Zelda.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
These are the differences:
- mirrored and 2x damage (obviously)
- Iron Boots mechanics from WW/TP (this also applies to Hover Boots)*
- Water Temple corridors leading to the Water Switches are colored*
- Deku Nut Upgrade glitch has been fixed*
- Water Temple 2nd Small Key glitch has been fixed
- some switches has been moved and/or changed into different kind of switches*
- dialogue and few item names have been altered*
- it's possible to sleep in Link's bed and fight with the bosses again*

* this also applies to the original OoT3D

I actually just started the original master quest two days ago (already at the Desert Colossus, woot), and from what I've seen online the only difference in the 3d version is the mirroring. Just a quick question; did you find the Master Quest version of Jabu Jabu easier than the original? I think it made a lot more sense and was a lot simpler. I think several of the master quest dungeons have been easier than before (specifically Jabu Jabu, the Forest Temple, and the Water Temple).

- Water Temple 2nd Small Key glitch has been fixed

There was a glitch? What was it?

did you find the Master Quest version of Jabu Jabu easier than the original? I think it made a lot more sense and was a lot simpler. I think several of the master quest dungeons have been easier than before (specifically Jabu Jabu, the Forest Temple, and the Water Temple).

It may have been, but it's hard for me to tell tbh because the double damage made me die more times than usual. So for me it's automatically harder purely due to double damage - if there was no double damage then it would be eaiser to tell. Same for forest temple. As for the water temple however, I've just finished that, and I'd say the master quest version was more difficult for me (although I never really had problems with the normal version)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom