• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT 3D Master Quest Discussion

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I'f you have no life (like me) you'd already be at the Master Quest in OoT 3D. So what are your impressions on it?

Personally I find it very difficult, way harder than Zelda II

I will delay my playthrough of MQ for a while. I just 100%-ed the regular quest, so I thought it's for the best to have a break.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
I have died 4 times, and I'm just in the first room of the Fire Temple, and I have the Biggoron Sword.
It's hard, but not TOO challenging. I've never played it before and this is the first time I've been truly stuck... Although, that being said, I will want t finish it 100%, and the skulltulas will drive me insane.
On the plus side though, I have removed the fishing man's hat (I gave it back, because I'm nice) :D

Dying is suprisingly easy in this version. Everybody hits way harder. As for the puzzle elements I haven't been stuck as of yet, I just finished the water temple and was kind of disappointed seeing as how the water temples are usually the ones that stump me the most. However I am loving the fact that there are far more uses and opportunities for use of items that in the original version rarely came in to play, such as Din's fire (my favorite spell). Overall, the way they change the dungeons and puzzles has seemed a little gimmicky and repetitive, all you need to do is run around trigger happy really. It's fun seeing this game from a different angle and allowing for replay value though, so I'm super excited to 100% this bad boy. Great game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I didn't find it hard at all. Both the original and the 3DS version are easy in my book. Everything is mirrored and yes some puzzles are a bit tricky but personally I find it even more easy than the normal version.

YES! Thank you! I thought I was the only one! All it does is move the normal triggers into paintings and random cow heads. There's no thought. Just shoot everything that isn't a wall lol

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The water temple is very easy to beat in MQ. There is like nothing really challenging in it. And that's just one thing. I personally found the part you have to break the barriers (in the castle) the most challenging out of the whole game. Not saying it was hard but more saying like how easy the game actually is. I did like it though. The game is not any less fun.

Oh yeah still very fun. It does make you think outside the box I was just hoping it pandered more to the 'masters' lol. But it's more like a reskinned version for kids (which I understand is the main audience). However just the fact that it was included in this cartridge was a huge surprise and made me very happy when I unlocked it. Great decision on nintendo's part. They should have ran with it seeing as there's much better capacity on the ds cartrides, I would have liked to see a master version for MM as well :p

The dilemma of master quest is that it's really hard to go back to vanilla Ocarina afterwards because you get so used to the double damage, the base game suddenly feels ridiculously easy. Such a shame since I prefer most of the original dungeons to their master quest counterparts, the Spirit Temple first and foremost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom