• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OoT 3 Heart Run: Biggoron Sword?

K

KokiriShroom

Hey everyone. Pretty soon here, I will be starting my first 3 heart run of OoT. I've made a decision on everything EXCEPT getting the Biggoron Sword. On my last regular playthrough, it made hard bosses (Bongo Bongo, for example) extremely easy. But now that I've only got 3 hearts, I don't know if that will still be the case... But what're your thoughts? Thanks! :)

well if your going for not only a 3 heart but a minimalist challenge, then dont get it, only get what you need to beat the game. otherwise, for gods sake, GET THE SWORD! lol it makes things so much easier!

K

KokiriShroom

well if your going for not only a 3 heart but a minimalist challenge, then dont get it, only get what you need to beat the game. otherwise, for gods sake, GET THE SWORD! lol it makes things so much easier!

I probably will. I like to take my time with OoT :) I would do a 100% run, but the last time I played I used a walkthrough for a couple parts on the fire temple and the second half of the water temple after dark link. So I want to beat the game without using a walkthrough at all. Makes beating the game feel like more of an accomplishment :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
My take on your standard '3 heart run' is only a restriction on heart pieces/containers (obviously lol), bottled fairies or milk/red & blue potions, and the life upgrade from the Fairy outside Ganon's Castle. Carrying a fairy/healing drinks and reducing damage by half are pretty much the equivalents of having 6 hearts. Also, no Nayru's Love .. using that IMO also defeats the purpose of beating the game with only 3 hearts. Everything else is fair game though, Biggoron Sword included.

Getting / using only what is absolutely needed to beat the game is a more hardcore minimal 3 heart run, which in some people's eyes even means no using the shield except in required battles (Twinrova I believe is the only one that falls in this category) and puzzles. I've done this one before, although I did use the shield.

Whichever way you go, good luck :D 3 heart challenges are fun.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Well since your going to be at lack of no defense thanks to the Biggoron sword. Its just swaping for another, really for the three heart challenge its smart to take the biggoron sword.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
When I did my 3 Heart Run, I think the only non-minimalist thing I got was Din's Fire. Honestly, even with that many restrictions, it wasn't terribly difficult. I had a hard time beating Ganon (because 1 hit means you're dead :lol:), but that was pretty much it. Maybe it's because I've beaten that game about a trillion times though...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
On my 3-Heart Run my restrictions are practically insane and I only died twice)

No using shield in combat(except when game forces you to)
No healing items(Fairies,Bottled Fairies,Fairy Fountains or Red and Blue Potion)
No Biggoron Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom