• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT 100% Complete Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evilpwner

WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW (kind of)

Alright so, after much gameplay I have finally gotten about 99% complete in Ocarina of Time. I just have a few questions.

A) Can you actually beat the running man? I have tried. It is hard. My record is like 1:24 but I went south of Lon-Lon Ranch instead of North (apparently that's faster?). Is it true there's no way to beat him without hax? I can't seem to get a constant answer from just googling it.

:cool: When selecting your profile, what's that number mean? Mine's 017. Hooray?

C) I hear a lot about a Deku Nut glitch, where you can't get the upgrade from the Mask of Truth at the forest stage after going into the future. They this was only on earlier versions. I have OoT on Virtual Console, yet it doesn't seem to be fixed. Is it?

So here's all the non-required stuff I have (everything I'm assuming): Biggoron's Sword, Mask of Truth, Gold bomb bag (max 40), Gold Quiver (max 50), Gold Pellet Bag (max 50), Gold Scale, Ice arrows, Fire arrows, 4 bottles, Fayore's Wind, Lanayru's Love, Max 30 Deku Nuts (see 'C'), Max 30 Deku Sticks, Epona, 100 SKulltula Tokens, 20 heart containers, all great fairy upgrades (I checked, I have 'em). If I missed something, mention it so I can add it to this list, because I've probably done it.

Thanks in advance.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT on VC is v2.0, I believe, which was the GameCube re-release with OoT/MQ and Collector's Edition. So, I think the glitch is fixed. I can't confirm right now, though. Sorry about that. I believe you CAN beat the running man without hacks, but I'm not too keen on sidequests, so I don't know the answer to that either. The number? I think the number is either your rupee count, or your death count. I don't know.

EDIT: I think you CAN beat the Running man, with a "Press R to run fast" code. Or, there is also the Megaflip/Superslide. I haven't seen anyone beat the guy before, but it MAY be possible.

EDIT2: Never mind, the running man is fake. Every video on the Internet that states you can beat him is a lie. They just used a hex editor and changed the words that he says. I did something similar, only I made Saria turn into Link's childhood friend, like the Manga portrayed her to be :D

Last edited:
The only answer I know is that it is impossible to beat the running man, even with hacks. A hack was once made so as the timer would be always in the zero. In the end of the race, the timer was on the zero mark but still, the runner man said that he arrived one second before you.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
A: Whenever you get to the end of the race the running man will ALWAYS be there first, don't ever listen to anyone that says otherwise.

B: Thats your death count.

C. Im not fully sure about this, although I have heard of it a lot. I always get it before I turn into an adult anyways, just to play it safe.

EDIT: Have you gotten the cow in your house as a gift? You get it by beating the time trial at the ranch as an adult. Its a fun novelty to have :P

The running man is not winnable, but ZW has been researching a new method recently that will probably only work on ROMs. (You request a race, you go to the temple of time turn into a kid, go to the winning area and wait four weeks, you turn into an adult, only works there and he says wow -1 secs, tht is a time paradox, sorry about this run-on sentance. =P) But that was the last I heard of it and it is not in the text dump. I agree with the cow, you must get the cow! If you have the cow, I think I know your problem. You must buy the giant's knife before the finishing the biggoron sword quest. Otherwise, it is permanitly missed. The upgrade is also permanitly missed. Did you beat ganon? Maybe that is it.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
Yeah, like the others said, it is basically impossible to beat the running man. Because with the bunny hood on he goes really fast (for some reason..) And have you got Dins Fire yet?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The "017" is your ruppee count,
You CANNOT beat the running man, It's just a spoof.
Actually, the 017 is in fact your death count. I was recently playing OoT today, and the counter said 001. I died when i hacked Sacred Forest Meadow to be full of Iron knuckles (insane, I know), and it upped to two after save and reset. My rupee count was 99, so logically, the count is Death Count. Too bad they didn't have a battle report at the credits.

C) I hear a lot about a Deku Nut glitch, where you can't get the upgrade from the Mask of Truth at the forest stage after going into the future. They this was only on earlier versions. I have OoT on Virtual Console, yet it doesn't seem to be fixed. Is it?
I don't think this glitch was fixed in the Virtual Console version. That's what I have, and I have tried with the Mask of Truth numerous times, with random results. Sometimes they'll like the mask, sometimes they don't. I don't remember if I checked any of the other masks as I am too lazy to check right now.

E

evilpwner

I do indeed have a cow in my house :)

I didn't mention Din's Fire because it's required. You need it to access the Shadow Temple.

I have beaten Ganon. Amazing how much easier it is when you use potions and fairies :P

Turning into a kid and waiting forever doesn't work, time doesn't pass in the Lost Woods....

And I did in fact waste my money on that stupid Giant's Knife. Rawr.

Thanks for the help, from the sound of it I've done everything possible. I suppose if I'm bored I can make another file and get that upgrade, maybe try to do the game with 0 death count... But as for 100%, I guess I'm done (minus the glitch). I like that records list or whatever in your house, I'll try to beat some of those. Next up for me: Majora's Mask! (or Mega Man 9)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
heres the answer to all of your questions
1.it is impossible without hax
2. that is the number of deaths you have (i have only gotten through the game once or twice with a 0)
3. im not sure if the glitch is fixed because i use the gamecube version. But their is an easy way to know just go try and get it if you dont already have it and you will know if it has been fixed

But it looks like from your list that you havent gotten the cow yet. If you already epona which i hope you do then you should be able to go back to lon lon ranch after you have gotten the biggorons sword and be able to do a racing game their in which if you win you get the cow. This took me forever to win but i have won it so it is not impossible.

B

BluntBunny

Your answer to the 'C' question:

Yes, unfortunately it is a glitch, and there is NO way to get the upgrade if you already pulled the Master Sword. You have a small window to get this upgrade because the running man does not appear until you beat Jabu-Jabu's Belly. So you have to complete the mask sidequest to obviously get Mask of Truth, but you can't complete it until you sell the Bunny Hood to the running man. It sucks because I always thought 30 was the Max for Deku Nuts, and I missed this upgrade on all 3 versions I have of the game. I like getting EVERYTHING, and when I found out about this misable upgrade, I was pretty annoyed. But, I just recently decided to replay the N64 version, and I was able to get the upgrade finishing the Mask sidequest, BUT, before I touched the Master Sword. So the upgrade does exist, if you can just remember to get it. If you want 100% completion, you'll have to replay the entire game :(. Unless of course you don't care, after all, it's just Deku Nuts :). Also I don't have the Virtual Console Version, just the Gold Cart N64 one, and the 2 Gamecube ones (Master Quest and The Collectors Edition), so I have no idea if they fixed it, but I highly doubt they did.

As for you running man question ('A'), you can't beat him like everyone else said above, and yes the 'B' question is the amount of Game Overs you received. Just thought I'd share the info on the Deku Nut Upgrade just in case someone else has trouble.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
umm... Don't hold me to it, I don't fish in OoT, but I believe Hylian Loach is the fish from TP. But it might be the biggest one possible to catch, I mean, who knows? BTW did you do the frogs?

umm... Don't hold me to it, I don't fish in OoT, but I believe Hylian Loach is the fish from TP. But it might be the biggest one possible to catch, I mean, who knows? BTW did you do the frogs?

The Hylian Loach is from OoT, same name as in TP. Also, the frogs give you two heart pieces, so he obviously already did it if he has 20 hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom