• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Oocca = Skyloftians, Interlopers, More

Megamannt125

Blue Link
So, I am in the middle of replaying through Twilight Princess in anticipation for Skyward Sword, and noticed something interesting i've yet to notice. Rusl implies that the Oocca created the temple of time before giving you the Golden Cucco to grant you access to the Sacred Grove. This would make sense considering that the Dominion Rod is found in the Temple of Time.
What does this mean for Skyward Sword, however?
Well, Skyward Sword is confirmed to be the origin story of the Master Sword, because the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. The temple of time's main purpose is to house the Master Sword and be a door to the Sacred Realm.
Here are some interesting quotes, courtesy of Zelda Wiki:
The common opinion is that Hyrule was created by the Hylia people, the race closest to the gods, but...truth be told, there's also a theory saying that in ancient times, there was a race even closer to the gods than the Hylia people, and THEY created it.
Basically, the Oocca formed the Kingdom of Hyrule.
Aonuma says that the scene which concludes the trailer, in which Link leaps off a cliff into a sea of clouds, is an important story point. Instead of being raised in a village on the ground, he's been brought up in a town called Skyloft, which is a floating island. He's lived his life in the clouds, and has only recently "discovered" the land below, which he finds has been overrun with evil forces. You spend the game going back and forth between these two regions: Skyloft, and the ground below."

The interesting part of this is "the land below, which he finds has been overrun with evil forces."
Basically, the land below is in chaos, disorder, anarchy.
This could mean that SS Link (an Oocca) forms the Kingdom of Hyrule in Skyward Sword.
However, one must wonder, how could SS Link and the Skyloftians be the Oocca, which are not humanoid creatures at all.
Well, one has to assume that the Oocca were not ALWAYS like that. Take a look at the City in the Sky and Temple of Time, how could these little chickens have possibly built these? Much less hold the Dominion Rod. This would mean that they were once highly advanced humanoid beings.
If the Oocca and Skyloftians are infact the same beings, meerly in different time frames of Hyrule's history, that means that Skyward Sword could play an integral part in detailing the lore of Hyrule's creation and the formation of the Royal Family. Not only that, if this is true, Skyward Sword could be like a very distant prequel to Twilight Princess.
Another thing to take into consideration is that on the Child Timeline, where Twilight Princess takes place, there is no ancient hero because the Hero of Time hasn't done his deeds in Hyrule on that timeline, yet TP Link recieves an ancient hero's garbs and a few people mention and ancient hero. Who is this ancient hero? Why it's none other than the first Link, SS Link, who wears the same exact garb.
Now, continuing on, Lanayru tells Link about a story, about the land being created by the Goddesses, and it being peaceful, until tales of the Sacred Realm are foretold, and chaos and war break out. Much like the Hyrule-to-be in Skyward Sword could be. Lanayru also told of Dark Interlopers, powerful magic wielders who attempted to establish dominion over the sacred realm.
This could mean that the interlopers could very well be the villians of this game. We might have already seen one.
Cp1nn.jpg

Now then, taking all of this into consideration, i'm going to go ahead and take the plunge and say this will be the story for Skyward Sword:
1. Link lives in the clouds
2. Finds the Skyward Sword
3. Finds out about a land below, which is consumed with chaos and evil
4. The interlopers will be the main villians of the game, attempting to rule over the land and the Sacred Realm.
5. The Fused Shadows will likely be the weapon of the head interloper.
6. The game ends with the interlopers being sealed into the Twili realm, and the Temple of Time being built to prevent the Sacred Realm from falling into the hands of evil. Link then decides to live in the newly formed Hyrule, becomes the ancestor for many Links on the Child Timeline, while his friends in the sky one day become the Chicken-like creatures we see in TP.

MrLuigi

Theorist
Skyloft separates from the mainland. This does not mean Skyloft has to be the City in the Sky.

There was this quote a Japanese guy said along the lines of joining the two lands.

The Ooccaa did in fact create the Hylians. However who's not say the land that separated isn't a chunk of Hyrule, and the Hylians that were created by them are there?

NO ONE is there to say such things. People automatically assume they are the same probably because they're both in the sky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Skyloft separates from the mainland. This does not mean Skyloft has to be the City in the Sky.

There was this quote a Japanese guy said along the lines of joining the two lands.

The Ooccaa did in fact create the Hylians. However who's not say the land that separated isn't a chunk of Hyrule, and the Hylians that were created by them are there?

NO ONE is there to say such things. People automatically assume they are the same probably because they're both in the sky.
Source on the joining of the two lands? Or whatever it is you were trying to say, you didn't make yourself very clear.
Also they did not create the Hylians, that was a mistranslation. The Japanese version of TP says they created Hyrule.

MrLuigi

Theorist
OH! So they created Hyrule? Okay then, so the bird people existed before Skyloft. Alright gotcha. At this point I'll use that as a fail safe for this argument.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
OH! So they created Hyrule? Okay then, so the bird people existed before Skyloft. Alright gotcha. At this point I'll use that quote as a fail safe for this argument.
Did you accidently double post or are you implying that Skyloft and Hyrule are the same thing? I'm not quite sure how you're discrediting my theory, it seems like you didn't even read my entire theory.

DISREGARD THIS: Also I never said Skyloft and City in the Sky were the same. I said that the Occoo and Skyloftians were the same. Skyloft is clearly a land in the sky, not a flying mechanical city.
And they, simultaneously with the birth of the Hylia people, created a new capital, a capital that floated in the heavens.
Basically, when the goddesses created the Hylia, the Oocca created the City in The Sky. This does not mean they didn't once live on the floating islands of Skyloft. Also, by Hyrule, I mean the Kingdom.
But, wait, this makes me wonder was to how the interlopers or the humans to wage war were in Hyrule... I'll have to think about this more. /DISREGARD THIS

After some thought i've come to the realization that my theory can only work if City in the Sky and Skyloft are the same thing, and that Skyloft was created when Hylians came to be. Perhaps it started out as islands in the sky, but became more mechanical over time. There are some organic areas in City in the Sky afterall.

Last edited:

MrLuigi

Theorist
There we go. The old thought train is pulling into your station.

I hope you've had a nice ride.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
There we go. The old thought train is pulling into your station.

I hope you've had a nice ride.
There you go again. My theory has not been discredited, because I found a solution to the problem here:
Perhaps it started out as islands in the sky, but became more mechanical over time. There are some organic areas in City in the Sky afterall.
You've yet debunk my theory with contradictory evidence, the only arguement you've put up is your original post, and as I said, my theory can still work even with the idea that Skyloft was once part of the land below. So until Aonuma or Miyamoto say something that contradicts this, Skyward Sword releases, or there is something in Zelda lore that i've overlooked, my theory still stands strong.

Last edited:

MrLuigi

Theorist
This brings it to a whole new level.

I can't find the quote in the Zelda Dungen archives, so I'll use common sense and maybe some in-game evidence.

Why would an able bodied man want to turn into a chicken thing? Answer that.

Yes, the Oocca mention a hero. So does all the other characters in the game, so the hero isn't the Hero of Time. It's going to be Skyward Sword's. But in the pictures and footage we can see Link as a person, not a chicken. If you can't give an answer supporting a relevant idea to the first question in this post. Don't even mention evolution. Zoras can do it, chickens that create people don't. In the E3 trailer, Link runs off a ledge made dirt, not cement or whatever the City in the Sky is made of.

And mechanical over time? Haven't you noticed technology doesn't advance in Zelda AT ALL? Now there is another quote that says something along the lines of "the team isn't afraid of adding new ideas" that are ahead of Zelda's time frame.

And how depressing it is to think of a man becoming a chicken!

Also don't say "0h bUt h0ww dId th3y m4kE teh T3mp13 0f 7iM3!?"

A bunch of chickens made an entire race, they even made a canon which is worth mentioning, a giant city that floats, you get the point. Why do you even question they're capabilities of building a dungeon or some stick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would some humanoid fish evolve into birds only because of more water? Answer that.

There a many things in Zelda which don't make sense. I can see that this theory here can happen. But it also couldn't. We'll see. But I can't see any really proof why this here can't happen.

It's called evolution. It's not a choice. It's a series of events/mutations that occur over thousands and millions of years that are beneficial to them within the environment they are living in. Who knows why it could have happened in the game......maybe the thin air up in the clouds caused those people who were born slightly smaller to live longer (due to less stress on their lungs and body in general) and so those people had more offspring. Over a long period of time the entire population continued to become smaller and smaller until they reached a desirable size to fully take advantage of their life in the clouds. At the same time (IF the City in the Sky is the remnant of Skyloft), maybe the land above began to break into pieces and became many separate islands. In this case maybe a series of mutations that caused an individuals appendages to become more wing-like put them at an advantage, because maybe they had the ability to more easily get from one island to another through the process of gliding at first and eventually reaching full flight...this would be even easier if their bodies were slowly reducing in size at the same time.

On a sidenote...you're kind of being a douche in this thread. Show a little more respect to people and their opinions. No reason to be a jerk, especially if it was unprovoked.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Actually that is a pretty interesting theory Megamannt125. I hadn't even thought about how the Oocca built the Temple of Time and how that could relate to Skyward Sword, however I doubt that the Oocca started out as humanoid like creatures especially Link "I'd rather not think Link is related to those things." I also do not believe Skyloft is the City In the Sky however I could be wrong. I do believe however that Skyward Sword will take place a long time before Ocarina of Time if not tell the origin of the Kingdom Of Hyrule. Oh and MrLuigi just because Megamannt125 has a different theory than you that contradicts what you believe to happen doesn’t mean Megamannt125 is wrong, its kind of rude to treat someone like internet or not and I'm pretty sure it goes against the forum rules. Oh and to the_gamer the evolution of the Zora into the Rito makes perfect sense when you at what Zoras eat. :D

Megamannt125

Blue Link
This brings it to a whole new level.

I can't find the quote in the Zelda Dungen archives, so I'll use common sense and maybe some in-game evidence.

Yes, the Oocca mention a hero. So does all the other characters in the game, so the hero isn't the Hero of Time. It's going to be Skyward Sword's. But in the pictures and footage we can see Link as a person, not a chicken. If you can't give an answer supporting a relevant idea to the first question in this post. Don't even mention evolution. Zoras can do it, chickens that create people don't. In the E3 trailer, Link runs off a ledge made dirt, not cement or whatever the City in the Sky is made of.

And mechanical over time? Haven't you noticed technology doesn't advance in Zelda AT ALL? Now there is another quote that says something along the lines of "the team isn't afraid of adding new ideas" that are ahead of Zelda's time frame.

And how depressing it is to think of a man becoming a chicken!

Also don't say "0h bUt h0ww dId th3y m4kE teh T3mp13 0f 7iM3!?"

A bunch of chickens made an entire race, they even made a canon which is worth mentioning, a giant city that floats, you get the point. Why do you even question they're capabilities of building a dungeon or some stick!
You're resosrting to personal attacks instead of using evidence.
A bunch of chickens made an entire race
Like I said, no, they didn't.
There are organic parts of City in the Sky, it isn't all mechanical afterall. How did the patches with trees and grass get there unless the land was once organic but made mechanical?
The Zoras turned into bird people and the Kokiri turned into little tree people, so that's irrelevant.

Lets assume the Ooca originally weren't the chickens they are in TP. Who says they chose to change their appearance, it could be that they were forced (interloper magic?).

Megamannt125

Blue Link
So, I made it to the City in the Sky finally in my replaythrough of Twilight Princess, and just as I remembered, there are sections with grass and trees. I don't just mean areas like the beginning where there is a ton of cutable grass like moss, I mean actual grass textures. How did that get there? The grass is pretty much under the stone, as if the city was built around floating islands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom