• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OOA, OOS, Confusion

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Well the Oracle of seasons is s girl with dark skin, red clothes, and red hair, named Din
and the Oracle of Ages is a girl with white skin and blue hair and blue clothing named Nayru
Now the three goddesses,
DIN: The goddess of power and the color red
NAYRU: The goddess of Wisdom and the color blue
Farore: Goddess, courage, green
For a while I thought the oracle games weren't in the timeline because Din and Nayru are oracles not goddesses, could someone give me insight?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
why cant there be oracles with the same names as the goddesses? there are people today named Jesus (although more times than not its pronounced differently) or there are people named Moses.

also, Farore is in the oracle games too. shes the oracle of secrets.

my point is that just because they are the same names doesnt really mean anything. its not like those names are off limits because they are taken by the goddesses.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Pretty much what Zemen said makes perfect sense... Also, you start the game being sent to both Distant lands by the Triforce.
In the linked ending you end up being pitted against both TwinRova and Ganon.
Zelda also appears in the linked game, and is referenced in the regular one. So, why is there a reason to not make it part of the timeline?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I just thought, what if the three oracles ARE the goddesses in human form, so they can watch over Hyrule/Labrynna/Holodrum better.

That is very unlikely, considering the description of the three oracle girls in the Minish cap figurines.
I am referring to this line: "Descends from a long line of Oracles"

Shnappy

derp
Zemen is right in saying that Fareore is included in Oracle of Secrets, which tends to be a secret because it wasn't ever... released. But I do think they are all Goddesses and both Oracles, I think it's just that they used them differently in OoX. But keep in mind, this was the first game to use them, so maybe Nintendo liked the idea of having them as Oracles and wanted to make them Goddesses in future titles.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Zemen is right in saying that Fareore is included in Oracle of Secrets, which tends to be a secret because it wasn't ever... released. But I do think they are all Goddesses and both Oracles, I think it's just that they used them differently in OoX. But keep in mind, this was the first game to use them, so maybe Nintendo liked the idea of having them as Oracles and wanted to make them Goddesses in future titles.

She is the Oracle of Secrets in both games, cause she is the one that is inside the tree and you can tell her secrets of linked/passworded games.
Evene though the Third oracle game was never released, she manages to appear in both main games

Shnappy

derp
She is the Oracle of Secrets in both games, cause she is the one that is inside the tree and you can tell her secrets of linked/passworded games.
Evene though the Third oracle game was never released, she manages to appear in both main games

Thanks for telling me that so I don't sound dumb, I haven't really played the Oracle games enough to know much about that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
what secrets are there to even tell her in the game? ive gotten to the end in both games without telling her anything...

what secrets are there to even tell her in the game? ive gotten to the end in both games without telling her anything...

You don't have to tell her anything. She's just there if you want extra stuff, like the Biggoron's Sword or the Master Sword. There are some more items to get from her as well, but those are the two major ones I remember. I also can't remember the order you have to complete the games exactly. I think after you beat one, then you play through it again, certain people tell you secrets that you then tell to other people in the opposite land/game during the "continued" quest.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
But keep in mind, this was the first game to use them, so maybe Nintendo liked the idea of having them as Oracles and wanted to make them Goddesses in future titles.

Well, I don't know if you would count this as them appearing as being Goddesses or not, but in WW when you're done putting the pearls onto the Goddess states, the stone on those statues breaks off showing the Goddesses holding up the pearls. And all of the Goddess States each have a likeness (at least a hair design likeness) to the Oracles in the OoX games.

Although I don't think that this would say that the Oracles are Goddesses per say, but that they have a likeness to what the Goddesses could or may possibly look like.

Colors always signify something in the Zelda series, no confusion (with the colors of red,blue,green that is).

Spiritual Stones, Pendants, Triforce Pieces, Link's tunics, Goddesses and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom