• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ONM: SS is Easier Than OOT and TP and You Can Beat the Game Without Upgrading Items..

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think this is very disappointing. If this turns out to be true I might even not buy the game.
What do you think?

I don't believe it will be easier than TP. This is supposed to be the hardest yet, some people found MM easy but others said it was the hardest game ever. It's all down to personal opinion so I don't think you should just not buy the game for that. Also do you not care for the story at all? If you don't and hard gameplay is all that matters why don't you just play AOL or something difficult like that? Even though the Wind waker was easy I still loved the storyline, and the same goes for TP. When I play them I don't stop playing because it's not challenging enough. I shall liken it to watching a film. Do you watch films? Not challenging at all, but you enjoy the gripping storyline and get to like the characters. Even if SS is the easiest game out there it will still be enjoyable.

Last edited:
if the game make make use potion from tiem to time i will be ok with the difficulty

and there already some improvement over tp:

normal foes does at least 1 hearth of damage and really weak attack like keese and fire damage half

checkpoint are know at save statue instead of room start

boss are slighlty more complicated (like scaldera, even if you put it down you just can`t be sure that you will hit his goddamn eye)

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? I think that Skyward Sword will have a sufficient difficulty level and I don't think the reporter's opinion is valid at all. In my opinion TP is the easiest 3D Zelda game, WW waker being second easiest and then OOT and MM are on the same difficulty level for me, being the most difficult 3D zelda games. I think that SS will be as difficult as OOT and MM if not maybe a little bit more difficult. IF SS is easy as TP ( which I'm not saying it will be ) I'll probably be upset with Nintendo. But hey, it's still a Zelda game and I'm going to be perfectly content with playing it regardless of the level of difficulty :) And btw I'm NOT bashing TP, it's still a great game regardless of its difficulty like I said before. Game difficulties can vary, it all just depends on the gamer. SS will be hard for some but easy for others.

As for the upgrading, Im going to try to beat the game with getting all upgrades regardless if you can or cannot. I just think Zelda games are WAYY more fun when you collect everything you can and spend as much time on everything as possible. Don't worry people. I'm sure SS will be an amazing game :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So now I'm torn between those who say the game is easy and those who say this is the hardest Zelda game ever made.

Only the player can choose how difficult or easygoing the gameplay is. For this reviewer, I believe he or she may not have given a completely accurate statement. We see from the videos that Skyward Sword will be somewhat challenging, but this all could depend on how well we're able to focus and time our strikes--stuff like that. The enemies and puzzles are evidently engineered enough for us to move through with relative ease, though, which is a good thing for casual gamers or newer players.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I find it very hard to believe this. TP is one of the easiest Zelda games yet, and everyone that has played the demos of SS has come back and said that it's the hardest Zelda game since Zelda II. I don't know what this reviewer was smokin', but I'm not gonna believe this bit of information for a second.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Based on the gameplay videos, Skyward Sword seems nowhere near the "simplicity" of Twilight Princess. I'm not going to take confidence in this one statement of the review until the game's released, and I've played it.

Beeker

Wild Card
I wouldn't believe anything about difficulty yet. Sure, there could be a general idea, but the difficulty is different for all of us. To me, the game does look a little challenging, but mostly due to controls. Perhaps when used to the controls the game will be easier, but I'm sure it'll vary for all.

Big Octo

=^)
it is not confirmed that skyward sword is easier than oot and tp
Well, of course not, that's a matter of opinion. :P

Anyway, these I can live with these facts (If they're true, obviously), as they see, to show interesting aspects, as well as defining pure aspects of the game.

Can't wait 'till SS. :D

@Mastik

I thought the dungeons where linear and simplistic not the plot. I don't see any problem with it being like that.

Didn't he have to speed through the main story? That could be the reason why it is short but I think it will be longer than TP's. And wasn't the 50 to 100 for everything in the game and not just the story.

I can understand the no enemy or battling in the air since that is suppose to be a safe place. But I think they could have put some battles in the air.

I thought exploring was what makes a Zelda game?

I don't see how the provinces being disconnected is a problem.

How do you know the game will be easy? Just because one person said it was doesn't mean it will be.

Everything in the article doesn't make me not want to play it and it probably will be the ultimate Zelda. I don't listen to these type of articles, I want to play the game to see how good it is. And I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT wasn't particularly hard, but TP was...in my experiences.

I heavily doubt SS will be easier than Twilight Princess; Nintendo supposedly learned from their mistakes. If it turns out to be true, then what's the point of having six instead of three hearts? Whatever, we'll have to wait 'til the game releases, in about a month's time, so that we can truly justify our opinions.

The idea of not needing to upgrade anything in order to beat the game makes perfect sense. However, I'm sorta skeptical as to whether or not that alludes to the game being too easy. Eh, I wouldn't know, having never played the game, so I'll just wait.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Honestly... Each person who plays a Zelda game seems to have their own thoughts about its difficultly. I thought that Twilight Princess was amazingly easy -- the easiest of the series. For a while, I believed that most other people thought so too, until I realized that a fair amount of people thought TP was hard. Prior to playing Majora's Mask, I'd heard that it was very hard because of the time limit and such, but when I played it, I found it to be regular in terms of difficulty.

I think that A Link to the Past is absolute madness... It's so hard. But obviously, that is not what others think.

This is what one reviewer believed about Skyward Sword. I've heard elsewhere that this game was the hardest Zelda game yet. These two views are basically polar opposites of each other. I think we'd have to play the game for ourselves before coming to a conclusion...

Basically I do not care much about one person's review on the game. Cause he may be a top gamer in his area. It took me 8 years to finish Wind Waker so Ss should be pretty hard in my sense. ;D

Realistically, any statement about difficulty is only going to be a rough guide. As people have said, players differ in skill level, but even entirely aside from skill level, one can find a game harder or easier based on playstyle or thought pattern. For example, my mind might work in such a way that certain types of puzzles are incredibly easy for me to figure out, while others are almost impossible. Even when it comes down to the controls and gameplay itself the same is true, as playstyle might make an otherwise easy section of the game incredibly hard specifically for that one person, or vice versa.

Take for example myself. I found The Minish Cap, a very easy game, to be pretty challenging because I'm an aggressive player. I like charging in and messing things up. :lol: TMC is not designed in such a way to reward that kind of playstyle, and in fact punishes it pretty severely. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the other hand often allow it to be rewarding, and even harder games like Ocarina of Time or Spirit Tracks. It's not always a matter of skill.

So gauging difficulty for other people is always going to be an approximation, and you can get a feel for its accuracy as it applies to you better if you go over how easy that person felt games you have played were and if they had about the same amount of trouble with it as you did, or see if there's a consensus about the difficulty and figure out if your skill level is average, or above or below average. These are things that can help you gauge the accuracy.

</monologue>

More on-topic, though, I think that Skyward Sword is going to have above-average difficulty. I do not think it will surpass the 2D games, like Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past or the GameBoy Color Zeldas in difficulty, but I do think it will surpass or at least match some of the hardest of the 3D Zeldas (Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks). It seems like a lot of people feel it's a hard game, so I think it's safe to say with a fair amount of certainty that the consensus is that it's a hard game. I think it'll be a fairly challenging and rewarding experience. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom